Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 06:11:55 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Update for Everyone III - Lowborn Egoism Herrings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - Lowborn Egoism Herrings  (Read 3897 times)
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2014, 01:56:16 pm »
Ignore

Just got home from The Great Millersville Excursion Of 2014. Met up with Sawx. Shyt was tite.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2014, 07:55:56 pm »
Ignore

Proud sub-30 finisher of ΓΦΒ Zeta-Nu's "Gamma Phive K" earlier today. Been a while since I ran a 5K, but I managed to survive and complete the race (mostly because my legs went numb, allowing me to sprint the last couple hundred feet).

Sawx, King in the North
SawxDem
YaBB God
Zimbabwe

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2014, 09:04:07 pm »
Ignore

Apparently one of my friends is going through the same troubles I went through a month ago.

traininthedistance
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2014, 09:52:21 pm »
Ignore

I have never in my life seen such a feverish concentration of new construction- virtually entirely of the cookie-cutter three-story modernish townhouse variety- than I did while walking around Northern Liberties this weekend.

In other words, I was visiting Philly, as I am wont to do.  I promised this place several effortposts and I'll try to catch up this coming week.

Quote from: Alice Goodman
To those who come prepared to see and hear only what they want to see and hear, nothing one can say is of any use.

Economic: -4.45
Social: -6.52
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2014, 11:03:41 pm »
Ignore

Just got off a plane from DC an hour or so ago. Unfortunately, I'm having some kind of cold/allergies/possible Ebola and am horribly congested; my mucus-clogged Eustachian tubes still haven't adjusted their air pressure so my head feels like it's about to explode.

The flight itself was equally unpleasant. I was seated in a row with an off-duty United flight attendant and a woman who insisted on trying to put two carry-on items in the overhead bin despite only being allowed one. She proceeded to pitch a fit about how as an Economy Plus passenger, she would not consent to be treated like a peasant from regular economy class and asserted her right to as much overhead storage space as she damn well pleased. After being forced to stow one of the bags underneath her seat, she proceeded to take out her iPad and take pictures of the overhead bin, the flight attendant sitting next to her and the flight attendant in the aisle who told her to move the bag. After refusing requests to delete the photos, she later posted them on Facebook, leading a flight attendant to angrily come to our row and very sternly tell her that she risked violating federal law by refusing to delete the pictures after being instructed to do so. The off-duty stewardess asked her why she couldn't have just put the bag under her seat to begin with and the woman started shouting at her that it was none of her business and she had no right to ask her personal questions. As we were deplaning, the woman made a point to hold up everyone behind her by stopping to inform the captain and the cabin crew at the front of the plane that their behavior was completely unacceptable and she would never fly on United again.

"Well, religious beliefs aren't reasonable. I mean, religious beliefs are categorical. You know, it's God tells you. It's not a matter of being reasonable. God be reasonable? He's supposed to have a full beard."
—Hon. Antonin Scalia, Holt v. Hobbs (2014)

HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.19, S: -8.78

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2014, 11:20:48 pm »
Ignore

Played a solid 3 hours of Zelda after the football game.  Went nicely.  Plan to hit the job search again for the majority of tomorrow.  Still going for government jobs, as my year of grad school completed can often be used in lieu of actual work experience for better pay grades and positions (up to 60,000).  Kind of like... "Yea, he might not have worked in this administrative position... but he's smart and probably could figure it our pretty quick." 

Government jobs can be a pretty sweet gig, so I'm throwing a ton out there in the Philadelphia area. The Navy pays me through their form of unemployment until I land one, so still no need to settle for BS.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »
Ignore

Surviving huddled in my dorm on peanut butter and tuna fish. Ran out of tuna fish. I woke up late, so this is my third meal, and I don't feel like running down my student account or my real account to buy food. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be doing something to get ready for tomorrow (study, maybe), but the urge isn't there. "Family Guy" on Hulu, however, is.

Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »
Ignore

Surviving huddled in my dorm on peanut butter and tuna fish. Ran out of tuna fish. I woke up late, so this is my third meal, and I don't feel like running down my student account or my real account to buy food. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be doing something to get ready for tomorrow (study, maybe), but the urge isn't there. "Family Guy" on Hulu, however, is.

...midterms?

"Well, religious beliefs aren't reasonable. I mean, religious beliefs are categorical. You know, it's God tells you. It's not a matter of being reasonable. God be reasonable? He's supposed to have a full beard."
—Hon. Antonin Scalia, Holt v. Hobbs (2014)

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2014, 05:57:44 pm »
Ignore

I'm in such a bad mood, stressed about so many things. The only person who can make it better and give me a hug is three hours away.

And the person I'd normally spill my guts to (someone else) also happens to be someone who stresses me out even more. To the point that I don't even know if it's worth starting a conversation with this person for a long, long time.

I dunno. I was doing so well back at school after a horrible summer. To be back at home sucks. Borderline depressing.

HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.19, S: -8.78

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2014, 09:09:53 pm »
Ignore

Here's a fun fact.  NJ is paying me more per week in unemployment benefits than the Navy was in base pay.  I don't even know what to make of that, but I'm glad that I REALLY won't be in any rush and can take the right job offer, as they last for 26 weeks maximum.  I have an offer to be a hotel engineer from Hilton up in Bergen County.  I'll take a look at it, but I have no idea what a hotel engineer does. 

On the personal front, I have a sushi date with a hottie from Rutgers on Monday.  Hope it goes well, because she is kinda one of those girls I knew and I wanted to take a run at when I got back to Jersey.  Smart little grad student, really pretty.  There's others, but she's the filet mignon to the other's Outback ribeye.  Definitely willing to put time in.  Wish me luck. 

Senator Cassius
Cassius
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:37 am »
Ignore

Analysing the Iliad is comparable to the fate of Judas Iscariot in Dante's Inferno.

'Wherever an altar is found, there civilization exists' - Joseph de Maistre

lolcassius

Economic score: +6.77 - +5.81 - +5.94 - +4.90
Social score: +7.22 - +6.61 - +6.09 - +6.26
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2014, 07:34:17 am »
Ignore

I'm in such a bad mood, stressed about so many things. The only person who can make it better and give me a hug is three hours away.

And the person I'd normally spill my guts to (someone else) also happens to be someone who stresses me out even more. To the point that I don't even know if it's worth starting a conversation with this person for a long, long time.

I dunno. I was doing so well back at school after a horrible summer. To be back at home sucks. Borderline depressing.

Well, I can't speak for everyone here Hagrid, but I'm sad you feel this way.  I'm not any of these close people you know and I certainly can't give you a hug (unless I feel like taking a day off from work and flying up to Canada for the day), but if you need someone to talk to I'm here.

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Foucaulf
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2014, 12:38:44 am »
Ignore

I'm just finishing up midterms of my first quarter in my econ PhD program. It's been intense; it's quite literally the hardest thing I've ever done. It's quite punishing too; there's nothing quite like thinking you got 26% on an exam and knowing that I'm still in the top half of the class. I feel like I'm in over my head, but then again so does everyone else. Homework is constant and exceedingly long; everyday is a 10-12 hour day at least between class, homework, my TA job and extracurriculars. It wears you down. The material so far is interesting, if a bit intricate for my long-term plans, so my motivation isn't always the highest.

The punchline, of course, is that I'm not in the PhD program but is just a senior taking a full graduate load. My school is a world leader in micro, and the first quarter is notoriously terrifying; scoring above the median feels a lot better. The macro midterm was literally regurgitation of proofs, so I'm not so happy that I scored below the median. Minus something on Halloween, I'll probably lock myself up and review macro and econometrics.

I first thought it was Hashemite, who decided to off Harper for good.
Terrorism and cold-blooded murder of innocents isn't funny, you sick freak.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout