The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:19:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386876 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: November 07, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »

Lief wins.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1276 on: November 07, 2013, 06:45:05 PM »

"Sexual compatibility" as a static construct that people either have or don't have is a myth. Any couple in a healthy relationship where both parties communicate and compromise as needed are able to create sexual compatibility.
The chemistry is either there or not. Suggesting otherwise makes me wonder if one has ever felt any attraction to another person.

lol. Chemistry and attraction do not require having sex to confirm.
I never said that they did. Only that suggesting that any two people are potentially sexually compatible if they'll just work on is so ridiculously naïve that only somebody who has never experienced attraction could suggest it.
Think of England!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1277 on: November 07, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2013, 12:51:19 AM by True Federalist »

Ah yes... The day when a total failure was re-elected President because a bunch of upper-middle class fops, handwringers and pansies couldn't hack it that the challenger was supposedly engaged in a 'war on wermerns'.

wow
      very analysis
                                   much insightful
                   r u n8 silver                   wow
           wow
                         so accuracy

People who think that's sulfurous need to go back and retake high school Chemistry.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1278 on: November 08, 2013, 12:33:32 AM »

Ah yes... The day when a total failure was re-elected President because a bunch of upper-middle class fops, handwringers and pansies couldn't hack it that the challenger was supposedly engaged in a 'war on wermerns'.

wow
      very analysis
                                   much insightful
                   r u n8 silver                   wow
           wow
                         so accuracy

People who that's sulfurous need to go back and retake high school Chemistry.

Makes sense, since I stopped Chemistry in 10th grade. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1279 on: November 08, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »

An excellent deconstruction of sage:

Snowstalker, every aspect of your personality (particularly your political views, since you choose to define yourself that way, but also other qualities as well) is an affectation designed to project a certain image of yourself to the world. That in itself isn't inherently concerning, since all of us are guilty of that to some extent, but what is a problem is that the image that you choose to project is completely odious.

Everything you say is meant to demonstrate your superiority over other people. It's attracted attention from others in your newest far-right phase, since that's so nakedly hateful, but it's also the common thread running through your xenophobia and your cogendism and your Marxism for Dummies. You try to frame it in terms of caring about other people, because that makes you feel better about it, but it's never been about those people. It's always been about being better than the barbaric foreigners or the evil capitalists or the ignorant proles.

I can understand that when you've always been told growing up that you're gifted or special, it's easy to internalize that and feel like you're better than other people. I've certainly had that problem in the past, and often I have to work at making sure that I perceive other people as being just the same as me and act accordingly. But the key there is that I recognize the problem and try to deal with it; I don't waste my time in self-indulgent flights of fancy and then at the same time wonder why people don't like me. Self-assurance is nice, and you have plenty of that, but it's useless without self-awareness, and that's what you lack.

I don't expect more than a flippant one- or two-sentence response (if that), so really this post isn't for you, but I'm putting it out here anyway. I hope that someday if you do gain some self-awareness you'll be able to look back at it and find something of value.

What is 'sage'?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1280 on: November 08, 2013, 07:15:02 AM »

An excellent deconstruction of sage:

Snowstalker, every aspect of your personality (particularly your political views, since you choose to define yourself that way, but also other qualities as well) is an affectation designed to project a certain image of yourself to the world. That in itself isn't inherently concerning, since all of us are guilty of that to some extent, but what is a problem is that the image that you choose to project is completely odious.

Everything you say is meant to demonstrate your superiority over other people. It's attracted attention from others in your newest far-right phase, since that's so nakedly hateful, but it's also the common thread running through your xenophobia and your cogendism and your Marxism for Dummies. You try to frame it in terms of caring about other people, because that makes you feel better about it, but it's never been about those people. It's always been about being better than the barbaric foreigners or the evil capitalists or the ignorant proles.

I can understand that when you've always been told growing up that you're gifted or special, it's easy to internalize that and feel like you're better than other people. I've certainly had that problem in the past, and often I have to work at making sure that I perceive other people as being just the same as me and act accordingly. But the key there is that I recognize the problem and try to deal with it; I don't waste my time in self-indulgent flights of fancy and then at the same time wonder why people don't like me. Self-assurance is nice, and you have plenty of that, but it's useless without self-awareness, and that's what you lack.

I don't expect more than a flippant one- or two-sentence response (if that), so really this post isn't for you, but I'm putting it out here anyway. I hope that someday if you do gain some self-awareness you'll be able to look back at it and find something of value.

What is 'sage'?

It refers to Snowstalker's tendency to take very simple positions on very complicated issues all the while acting with a sense of affected moral superiority and intellectual enlightenment despite the fact that he wildly fluctuates between the far-left, far-right and everything in between on a near-weekly basis. It's about the sheer shallowness and inanity of whatever his flavour of the week political phase is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1281 on: November 08, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »

What is "The Bell Curve?" Its a name I hear thrown around a lot but never have bothered to look up.

Example:

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1282 on: November 08, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1283 on: November 08, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »

This whole thread.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=181980.msg3934483#msg3934483
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1284 on: November 08, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »

You have way too much time on your hand.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1285 on: November 08, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »

Are you calling Joe Republic an amputee?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1286 on: November 08, 2013, 07:29:26 PM »

Yes. The Mormon zombies in Colorado City bit him. Hershel was able to amputate the hand, and Rick fought them off. Carol put up quite a fight as well.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1287 on: November 09, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »

You've made a total of 78 reports to the moderators, opebo.  In case you ever wondered.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1288 on: November 10, 2013, 12:12:57 AM »

wow
      very analysis
                                   much insightful
                   r u n8 silver                   wow
           wow

so accuracy

But, in a very small nutshell, my diagnosis is basically correct. If some people had voted with their brains as opposed to their overactive hearts, the failure would not have been re-elected.

This thread is about one year ago, not nine years ago.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1289 on: November 10, 2013, 06:11:21 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So basically, in your dystopic version of America, I will get the death penalty for murdering the blackjack dealer who beat up my pregnant hooker girlfriend who was in the middle of giving herself an illegal abortion with a coathanger because the Mexican guy who was supposed to smuggle us some Mifoprostol pills over the border got gunned down by INS.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1290 on: November 10, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »

It's Link but...

NYC has seen a dramatic transformation over the past few decades from a city that was losing population and riddled with crime to perhaps the lowest crime rates ever and a growing, vibrant population.

See:
http://gothamist.com/2013/11/03/nyc_on_pace_in_2013_for_least_amoun.php

Both Giuliani and Bloomberg have helped transformed the city from the days of the 1980s.

Its clear, however, that De Blasio offers a change of pace from his predecessors. How will his polities change the current trends, and will he continue to keep New Yorkers safe?

So you are torn between your alleged libertarian ideals and your feeling that it is okay to violate the rights of negros.  Quite the pickle.  I don't envy you.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1291 on: November 11, 2013, 06:42:54 PM »

Yes, you are the only one to acknowledge that. Watch Winter's Bone and then get back to us, Peeperkorn.

I'm not very interested in hipster stuff.

If I wanted to be a good hip I would say I love Mad Men and end of the story.

I said watch Winter's Bone, not watch Silver Linings Playbook. Not all Jennifer Lawrence movies are the same movie.

Or you could actually read a nonfiction book on the subject and develop your views on such a dangerous and ambiguous aspect of American life from there, but to each his own.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1292 on: November 12, 2013, 07:24:54 AM »

I'll have to go with the post-hardcore Brand New-esque version of "All Creatures of Our God and King" my church does.

So 'All Creatures of Our God and King' then? Or does it loose something when people use pesky church organs?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1293 on: November 12, 2013, 07:42:46 AM »

You've made a total of 78 reports to the moderators, opebo.  In case you ever wondered.

Its always a zinger when the mods abuse their power.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1294 on: November 13, 2013, 01:00:41 AM »

It sounds like he's making fun of old white conservatives who portray their views as "conventional" or mainstream views despite the fact that they're a shrinking, ideologically extremist portion of the country?

Except "old white conservative who portrays his views as "conventional" or mainstream views despite the fact that they're a shrinking, ideologically extremist portion of the country" is a pretty good description of Richard Cohen.

Richard Cohen is an unrepentant HP and I can't believe he's still working.

He's a racist, a rape apologist, a sexual creep, a Roman Polanski supporter, and all-in-all a terrible journalist.

He seems alright to me and other conservatives. What do you have to say to that?

That you and everyone who thinks like you is also an HP?

Seriously, did you think I'd say "OH WELL IF BARFBAG LIKES HIM HE MUST BE AN OK GUY"

No I thought I'd rub it in that you're not unanimous in your thinking. Not everyone thinks like you.

Oh wow you really showed me. Here I am saying it's bad to be racist and to defend pedophilia, but you've shown me that I need to accept different viewpoints.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1295 on: November 13, 2013, 05:12:37 AM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1296 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »

He's saying that all of the annoying Republicans from Virginia (You, Christie's stomach, shua) are starting to blend together and you might all be the same guy.

uh, okay Seatown

A D-WA avatar is the perfect person to be talking about other posters with similar avatars blending into one another, of course.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1297 on: November 13, 2013, 12:06:28 PM »

He's saying that all of the annoying Republicans from Virginia (You, Christie's stomach, shua) are starting to blend together and you might all be the same guy.

uh, okay Seatown

A D-WA NY avatar is the perfect person to be talking about other posters with similar avatars blending into one another, of course.
FTFY?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1298 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

uh, okay Seatown

A D-WA NY avatar is the perfect person to be talking about other posters with similar avatars blending into one another, of course.
FTFY?

R-NS tend to run together for me.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1299 on: November 13, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »

Individual distinctiveness is actually the main reason I have an independent avatar.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies