The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:43:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386965 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: November 21, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »

Cut me to the quick he did. What am I going to do now?  Sob.

Take a few bong-loads and soak up your privilege. I'm the one who attends knock-off UChicago and has to sob. I'm also out of weed. Sad

What is "knock off" U Chicago?  Sorry about the weed situation. I went elsewhere to Law School by the way - just down the road from Inks actually. Now time to get the dishes in the dishwasher, the dirty clothes in the washing machine (for some reason partner Dan seems to have 3 times as much clothing to wash as I do, fastidious chap that he is), and bring in the garbage cans, while I "soak up my privilege."  I am pretty good at multi-tasking. Smiley
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1351 on: November 21, 2013, 04:41:44 PM »

Take a few bong-loads and soak up your privilege. I'm the one who attends knock-off UChicago and has to sob. I'm also out of weed. Sad

What is "knock off" U Chicago?  Sorry about the weed situation. I went elsewhere to Law School by the way - just down the road from Inks actually. Now time to get the dishes in the dishwasher, the dirty clothes in the washing machine (for some reason partner Dan seems to have 3 times as much clothing to wash as I do, fastidious chap that he is), and bring in the garbage cans, while I "soak up my privilege."  I am pretty good at multi-tasking. Smiley

Reed College.

Just hire a cleaner (at union wages of course) and stimulate the economy! You could be the caudillo of la gente Torie!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1352 on: November 21, 2013, 05:11:07 PM »

Fine school in a great hood, in a splendid city.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1353 on: November 21, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »

What is "knock off" U Chicago?  Sorry about the weed situation. I went elsewhere to Law School by the way - just down the road from Inks actually. Now time to get the dishes in the dishwasher, the dirty clothes in the washing machine (for some reason partner Dan seems to have 3 times as much clothing to wash as I do, fastidious chap that he is), and bring in the garbage cans, while I "soak up my privilege."  I am pretty good at multi-tasking. Smiley

Reed College.

Just hire a cleaner (at union wages of course) and stimulate the economy! You could be the caudillo of la gente Torie!
Do you like Reed? I've been thinking about applying there.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1354 on: November 21, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »

And of course the Obamabots rush to defend their messiah's Heritage Foundation plan. Obamacare is an utter joke, an insult to advocates of actual health care reform (i.e. nationalization) and I hope it fails. The neoliberal cancer needs to be exterminated, even if cutting it off may hurt.

The casual sociopathy of sheltered rich kids who'll never have to worry about losing their health insurance.

It's a bit rich to be mocking the casual sociopathy of sheltered rich kids whilst promoting 15% flat tax and the most regressive tax there is (VAT/sales tax). But I'm sure that's credible and serious discussion to all the liberals on here.

Obviously Obama's health plan is better than nothing, but it's one of those remorselessly unambitious plans (Heritage Foundation guaranteed) that kill off any hopes for a real reform (or in this case, a healthcare system).

I'm never quite sure how the left claims Obamacare, which was narrowly passed in the House after ungodly armtwisting, passed only through a supermajority in the Senate, narrowly survived Scott Brown's special election thanks to deft parlimentarly moves by Harry Reid, helped contribute (somewhat) to devistating midterm losses for the Democrats, survived WITHOUT the medicare expansion by one vote in the Supreme Court, has continuously been under serious attack from government shutdown, congressional defunding, etc. etc. etc. etc. somehow "killed off hopes for a real reform".

Isn't it quite obvious, pie in the sky dreams of a glorious single-payer system aside, that the political reality is Obamacare was as absolutely as much as could've ever been obtained in the forseeable future.

The possible exception may've been getting single payer, and that may be on the table again the next time Democrats control both Congress and the White House, but that's not what True Believers mean by "real reform", is it?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1355 on: November 24, 2013, 05:41:41 AM »

Wait, you can still type "Torie" in your posts?  I thought that caused you to burst into flames:

Still getting threats from what's his name, eh?

PM the one who banned them  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1492

Disgusting. RIP Barfbag. Another name scratched off The List.

His mentor epically failed, you see.

Maybe the same person who mentored barfie can mentor Krazen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikrP64HsYWQ

etc.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1356 on: November 24, 2013, 05:46:33 AM »

Wait, you can still type "Torie" in your posts?  I thought that caused you to burst into flames:

Still getting threats from what's his name, eh?

PM the one who banned them  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1492

Disgusting. RIP Barfbag. Another name scratched off The List.

His mentor epically failed, you see.

Maybe the same person who mentored barfie can mentor Krazen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikrP64HsYWQ

etc.

An old age slip up , Mr Modern.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1357 on: November 25, 2013, 12:21:23 PM »

I'm sure we're all surprised to hear that you like the slumlord channel.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1358 on: November 25, 2013, 01:08:54 PM »

Now, now. Slumlording is an honest profession. I hope to enter into it one day myself.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1359 on: November 25, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »

Now, now. Slumlording is an honest profession. I hope to enter into it one day myself.

Even been to Hudson, NY, Lief?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1360 on: November 25, 2013, 01:52:14 PM »

Haha no, I haven't been north of 150th St, much less Hudson NY.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1361 on: November 25, 2013, 01:58:24 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2013, 02:08:17 PM by Torie »

How insular of you, Lief. Traveling up the Hudson Valley is a truly glorious experience, particularly during fall color season (in my opinion, the most beautiful river valley in the US, going away). Just take the train to Albany; it runs right along the river. My duplex pad is just four blocks from the train station. That was one of its attractions.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1362 on: November 25, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »

How insular of you, Lief. Traveling up the Hudson Valley is a truly glorious experience, particularly during fall color season (in my opinion, the most beautiful river valley in the US, going away). Just take the train to Albany; it runs right along the river. My duplex pad is just four blocks from the train station. That was one of its attractions.

My best friend lives near Albany, and I've unfortunately had occasion to spend a lot of time in New Jersey in my life, so this is a trip I've made a lot. It really is gorgeous.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1363 on: November 25, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »

ugh.  horrible choice.  obviously id vote biden, but wouldnt do so enthusiastically.

This honestly surprises me. Usually, when the correct choice seems obvious because one of the options is beyond ridiculous, you opt for the latter...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1364 on: November 26, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »

Folks who are 'anti-sex' by your metric are often pro-other things that people at advanced stages of moral development tend to value significantly more than convenient access to orgasms (or money, for that matter), so, you know, that's where the appeal of democracy and populism come in. But you knew that already.

That is not 'advanced', Nathan.  Its just arbitrary socialization... ridiculous to value it as 'better' or 'worse' than any other arrangement.

See, you're saying that because you're stuck in a type of moral calculus that's most common among small children.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1365 on: November 26, 2013, 12:36:23 PM »

Folks who are 'anti-sex' by your metric are often pro-other things that people at advanced stages of moral development tend to value significantly more than convenient access to orgasms (or money, for that matter), so, you know, that's where the appeal of democracy and populism come in. But you knew that already.

That is not 'advanced', Nathan.  Its just arbitrary socialization... ridiculous to value it as 'better' or 'worse' than any other arrangement.

See, you're saying that because you're stuck in a type of moral calculus that's most common among small children.

Oooh boy, real zinger there! So novel, so creative:

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1366 on: November 26, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »

"Advanced stages of moral development"? Tony, that garbage belongs in the Deluge.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1367 on: November 26, 2013, 12:44:47 PM »

"Advanced stages of moral development"? Tony, that garbage belongs in the Deluge.

Your 'advanced stage of moral development' behooves you to place it there.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1368 on: November 26, 2013, 01:06:55 PM »

You get a good view of Bannerman's Castle from the train, or so I've heard.  I'd love to see that some day.

I'm guessing that's the train in the background?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1369 on: November 26, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »

Yep Amtrak it is. Bannerman's castle is about half way up the river to Hudson.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1370 on: November 26, 2013, 01:36:19 PM »

Jeffison's first date was 2 months ago this Thursday! How very fitting that their anniversary falls on Thanksgiving. I hope he'll tell us what they eat! I always enjoy hearing about his feasts.

The only Update you'll get is via Facebook.  And, don't even think about posting it here, because I will report it and we all know what will happen after that...

Reported for threatening language. (Inks please give all the death points for that post to Torie, rather than Bushie, for he knows not what he does).
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1371 on: November 26, 2013, 02:54:16 PM »

I say this with nothing but love of course but the phrase "advanced moral development" makes my skin crawl I have to admit.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1372 on: November 26, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »

Jeffison's first date was 2 months ago this Thursday! How very fitting that their anniversary falls on Thanksgiving. I hope he'll tell us what they eat! I always enjoy hearing about his feasts.

The only Update you'll get is via Facebook.  And, don't even think about posting it here, because I will report it and we all know what will happen after that...

Reported for threatening language. (Inks please give all the death points for that post to Torie, rather than Bushie, for he knows not what he does).

That was in fact performance art by Lief (which he is very good at indeed). He didn't report anything (he knows better). As he said, he is not a "reporter" type. It is just not his style, and that is to his credit IMO.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1373 on: November 26, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2013, 05:49:14 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

I say this with nothing but love of course but the phrase "advanced moral development" makes my skin crawl I have to admit.

I'm not particularly fond of it either and wish I'd phrased that better, but I was in a hurry and Lawrence Kohlberg's 'stages of moral development' was what popped into my head even though I don't normally put much stock in it. I've had a busy day. Sorry.

All that I meant, really, was any type of moral consideration that differentiates one from one of B.F. Skinner's pigeons.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1374 on: November 26, 2013, 06:54:32 PM »

That was in fact performance art by Lief (which he is very good at indeed). He didn't report anything (he knows better). As he said, he is not a "reporter" type. It is just not his style, and that is to his credit IMO.

Not entirely true. I don't think anyone who reports someone who quotes them for "personal attacks" can claim to be a non-reporter.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies