The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:44:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386165 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: July 03, 2014, 01:26:35 AM »

Even after getting my least favorite character twice in my own thread, this one hurt Sad

morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1651 on: July 03, 2014, 03:07:43 AM »

Yeah, well done bore.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1652 on: July 03, 2014, 04:08:33 AM »

Tin House Magazine rejected my submission Sad

Perhaps try Tin Foil Magazine?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1653 on: July 06, 2014, 11:09:20 AM »

If it happens, I might concern myself with your education. Since impeachment is a waste of Congressional time and energy, I will not waste my own time or energy.

So you have nothing? Nice.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1654 on: July 06, 2014, 05:42:22 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1655 on: July 06, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »

Well, I can only agree with the real poll in this matter.

The real poll is, after all, scientific and accurate.

Therefore, Obama

>taking a winfield post seriously

>Oh ho guys look!
>This is what it looks like when I want to make a point
>and look like a pretentious softcock while doing it!

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1656 on: July 07, 2014, 06:35:06 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195198.0
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1657 on: July 07, 2014, 11:58:27 AM »

Not really related to that, but it's pretty disturbing that you admire sociopathic lust for power.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1658 on: July 07, 2014, 07:12:41 PM »

Over the last couple months especially (though it's existed as a problem for some time), I've gained something of a reputation as an overly bitter troll of the far-left variety (as well as general attention whoring). I've cognitively understood that I'm probably not bringing much positive contribution to the forum, though by virtue of having a rather dull life outside Atlas (and more and more in Atlas Tongue) and having been in a chronically poor mood for a while now (though I've felt a bit better lately), I haven't really made an effort to improve myself as a poster.

So I'm sorry to those I've needlessly gone after or tried to get a rise out of, and to the forum in general for being something of a pretentious attention whore. Will I be fine after this? Of course not, and I still have rather radical political views (though that doesn't excuse me being a poor man's opebo about them). But hopefully with some encouragement I can improve myself and reestablish myself as a valued and veteran contributor to the US Election Atlas Forum. Smiley

Though I expect it to be thoroughly parodied and referenced until well after its expiration date like the infamous apology thread, I feel I should announce something. I'd make a big effortpost about this, but I'm rather tired and have work to do so I'll condense it to the important parts:

• Yes, I see how my "sage" is insufferable to some. To a large extent that was the point of it, though I've long passed the point where I'm getting tired of and annoyed by my own forum persona.
  • A lowdown on my actual views: Very left-wing, though rather more nuanced than I let on. I mostly dumbed them down in a misguided effort to combat/make fun of the dominant political perspective on this forum (progressive liberalism) which I'm finding more and more annoying.
  • I won't be posting (or more likely, maybe posting once every couple days) for a while, though I fully expect to return in full force at some point. Hopefully my affected forum schtick will have mostly died by that point, though given past attempts at "reforming" I shouldn't make any absolute promises. I will most definitely continue to lurk on the forum and if my hiatus lasts long enough will probably be a zombie voter in Atlasia (and since it's barely connected to Atlas I'll probably stay in that game Lumine's doing).

I'm fully back a bit earlier than I sort of expected myself, though the few days mostly off have been a bit refreshing and gave an exercise in self-control. I know I've reneged on my "promises" before but I hope I can finally kill off the worst excesses of Sage and get on better terms with some of my old forum friends who have been understandably put off by my affected Marxist propaganda.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1659 on: July 07, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »

If it happens, I might concern myself with your education. Since impeachment is a waste of Congressional time and energy, I will not waste my own time or energy.

So you have nothing? Nice.

It continues:

And you'd have us believe that you are actually interested in an idea that is in opposition to your own. We know who's faking. That's why I'm not wasting my time.

First off, stop acting like your time is precious when you're posting on a political map internet forum.

Yes, I'm interested in trying to figure out what crimes have been committed that are grounds for impeachment and how the President of the United States has violated his oath.

If you don't plan on expounding then what was the point of your post?

I'm also curious as to how you know which ideas are "in opposition of [my] own."

Arrogant Demand finally got the clue to quit while he was behind and quit posting in the thread. Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1660 on: July 08, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »

Kalwejt, since he sent me a really rude PM calling me a "little pervert" the other day and never apologized for saying it. Sad

Kal stay slayin em.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1661 on: July 12, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »

Quit the trolling snowstalker. Internet 'debate' on this topic is noxious and obnoxious enough; it does not also need to provide the backdrop for one of your ridiculous onanistic cabarets.

Probably deserves to be put in the GPG and Silver Mine, too.  Multiple times.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1662 on: July 12, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »

His follow up was also very good:

There are deranged extremists on all sides, of course. But snowstalker is only doing this for attention and because he thinks doing so is funny. I would argue that discussion of this topic is enough of a disaster area without people doing that...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1663 on: July 14, 2014, 08:55:21 AM »

I just wanted to make sure Ernest passed on my heads up like I asked him to.

When you were a mod  you would have lectured any of us to use the PM system to ask Ernest directly,instead of posting here.  Please do so.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1664 on: July 15, 2014, 05:18:19 AM »

I vote for Family Guy because it's consistent in quality while Update has had some terrible parts, like the Utah arc.

I agree, at least, that Family Guy is consistent in quality, with maybe one or a few exceptions (e.g. I seem to remember their Star Wars parody as having been halfway decent).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1665 on: July 15, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »

Of course. They want to ban everybody interesting.

Wouldn't that work in your favour?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1666 on: July 17, 2014, 08:12:52 AM »

Nope, sorry, I'm in college.  Nice try, though.

I do feel sorry for any college that's that desperate to collect tuition fees.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1667 on: July 18, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »

The Obamanation is a truly quality poster in comparison to you and the utter f[inks]ing trash you spew.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1668 on: July 21, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »

Whatever. I hope your nonexistent country becomes a republic.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1669 on: July 22, 2014, 01:55:17 PM »

Obsessing over me won't help you get the dictatorship of the proletariat.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1670 on: July 22, 2014, 05:40:35 PM »

Why, so every thread can be a circlejerk about how terrible the Russians are and how great Israel is?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1671 on: July 25, 2014, 08:33:50 AM »

So we should judge a poster on the basis of another poster's behavior? Seems totally fair to me.

Well he's already flooding this thread with unfunny inside jokes and memes so I'm not optimistic.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1672 on: July 25, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »

Pollo means chicken in Spanish.
Chicken is a good description of him. Makes noise, pointlessly, without thinking.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1673 on: July 25, 2014, 03:42:14 PM »

Should also be cross-referenced to the Comedy Goldmine, but...

Thanks for all the advice, guys!  Except Ernest of course; I've experienced long-time family pets being put to sleep that were more amusing than your jokes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1674 on: July 25, 2014, 05:05:11 PM »

Crossposted in the Good Post Gallery:

Sheesh, Gully.  How many pages are you going to drag this thread out?  And what is this, about the XVth "petition to ban so-and-so" thread you've made?  How many people pile onto these threads, discussing the ins and outs of who should be banned, as if this is some kind of reality TV show, rather than people's lives?  This is really sad.

I'm sorry that I have to piss on your freak show, but your repeated "petition to ban Poster X" threads show you to be an attention seeking troll (he says diplomatically).  Your contributions do little good, and these threads have become a forum circus, which are followed by the chronically bored and 'ironists' alike.  It's clear that no matter how much we try to dissuade you, you ignore our advice and are really only interested in the attention.  Given the difficulties of your life and the way that you abuse the forum, I think it would be best if you were banned instantly.

Right now Atlas is in a pretty terrible state even by its own standards. I think we should take steps towards improving it and this would be the first.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies