The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:31:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386655 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: January 12, 2015, 05:21:29 PM »

And it looks like you can't construct a sentence.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1826 on: January 12, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »

LOL LOL LOL
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1827 on: January 13, 2015, 11:31:23 AM »

Please stop this charade. For someone who seems to talk about how awful Democrats like George Wallace and LBJ do, you conveniently seem to turn a blind eye to actual modern-day violations of civil rights. It seems that every single time a left-winger says something racist, the days of George Wallace and the Civil War come up. But god forbid a right-winger says something stupid – Liberal bias! Liberal bias! Liberal bias is going to kill the sheep! Never mind that the NAACP fought against desegregation since the days of Woodrow Wilson, worked tirelessly to prevent lynchings, and is now working to advance LGBT equality and is protesting against voting restrictions that disenfranchise the young in North Carolina. And for some odd reason, the fact that people like John Lewis and the NAACP fought against the same people that you're speaking against doesn't matter because they're fighting against your team now.

Honestly, out of every poster on here who has said offensive things about African-Americans – the ex-white nationalist from America, the current white nationalist from Europe, or the man making stupid observations about how Michael Brown and Eric Garner would be alive if they stopped doing illegal things – you are by far the most virulent racist on the Atlas forum. Why? Because you believe that you and the rest of the Republican Party are entitled to the support of the African-American community because of your misconstrued views on race. Don't get me wrong – I've said some stupid, insensitive things this year that I should never have even believed in the first place. But at least those were based in facts. Whenever someone throws an inconvenient fact in your face (that George Wallace only supported segregation for political reasons or that someone bombing a political organization's HQ building is politically motivated), you decide to reject that reality and live in your own little delusions. Why is that? Because you feel that African-Americans owe a debt to the Republican Party for doing what anyone nowadays would have done. And that's just fifty shades of disgusting.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1828 on: January 17, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »

What’s striking about Memphis the Mendacious that I think goes oft-overlooked is his pettiness. One example of this that springs to mind is the time I made a thread in the Off-Topic board about a subgenre of romance fiction whose moral and artistic assumptions I was interested in criticizing, and he came into the thread for no other purpose than to insult me for being interested in it. That’s on top of the bigger and more obvious problems, such as his habit of making really strange claims about sociology, comparative religions, and related disciplines and presenting them as cold hard fact that the rest of us are just too stupid to accept; his going out of his way to communicate his contempt for gender nonconformity in situations where it would be not only morally preferable but actually far easier for him to just accept other people’s accounts of their own lives and experiences;  his tactic of wrapping himself in the banner of sex-positive feminism when it suits his purpose to accuse other people of being misogynistic, then going back to his MRA ways when that purpose has been fulfilled; his recent insistence that anybody who doesn’t share his religious views is a horrible rape apologist; his rampant quote-mining and use of his signature as a venue for public humiliation of posters he doesn’t like; his constant insulting and belittling of other people and cowardly use of tone arguments and thought-terminating clichés when other people decide to give as good as they get; and much, much more! Unless his forum persona is dramatically different from the way he behaves in his day-to-day life, he is simply not a good person, and should be recognized as the absolute worst kind of poster: One who manages to be staggeringly terrible almost without parallel, but without actually breaking any rules.

I’m glad we have him, though, in that this forum was bound to attract somebody with ‘~Le Dark Memer’-style opinions, and we’re lucky that ours at least doesn’t also have a ‘~Le Dark Memer’-style personality.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1829 on: January 19, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »

Context:

A piece of advice: Don't wear things that make people afraid you might talk to them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1830 on: January 20, 2015, 05:32:05 AM »

Aw, I'm sorry!  Did my post trollishly distort the facts about how a poster was banned?  How utterly, utterly unacceptable.  I'm glad the forum community has no tolerance for such behavior.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1831 on: January 21, 2015, 11:20:36 AM »

- Killing Osama bin Laden Continuing failed imperialist "War on Terror", trying to provoke war with Russia
- Saving the American auto industry Screwing over union workers
- Reviving the American economy Doing nothing about inequality, bailing out banksters, passing joke stimulus, attempting to push TPP without congressional approval
- Expanding healthcare coverage to millions of people Force people to buy private insurance, killing union plans
- Preventing despicable morman serial liar Mitt "Mitt" Ronmey from becoming president Basically doing the same things that Romney would have done in his first 2 years

The presidency by its very nature is a seat for corporate whores, imperialist thugs, and scheming criminals. Obama is merely the latest in a long line of blood-soaked murderers.

I think you are missing a big point here. 

President Obama has been the President of the United States in reality, not marxist fantasy land.  You must be confused because not everyone is assuming that we're talking about your sort of alternate history universe where we can make up facts if we include the words "imperialist" a few times.  I can imagine that must be confusing when other people refer to actual reality.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1832 on: January 30, 2015, 06:06:19 AM »

Have you ever heard of the concept of 'faith'? Its a useful one to remember when religion is discussed.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1833 on: January 31, 2015, 08:17:53 PM »

5'7" 300 ibs.  that should be a wake up call.

odf has to be having some mobility struggles by now.

I move around just fine, actually.

That's why you go for a walk every day, right?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1834 on: January 31, 2015, 08:34:37 PM »

Mia Love clearly needs more lectures from the all knowing, fourteen year old white boys on the Internet!

You got a problem?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1835 on: February 03, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »

SPC had a serious head injury as a child and so has severe brain damage. As such it's usually best to ignore his inane and nonsensical ramblings.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1836 on: February 04, 2015, 10:17:02 AM »

Click for context:

An almost sexual fervor of mass violence to soothe the anger he feels against elitist figures from his childhood masquerading as an enlightened Marxist.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1837 on: February 04, 2015, 12:41:50 PM »

Click for context:

An almost sexual fervor of mass violence to soothe the anger he feels against elitist figures from his childhood masquerading as an enlightened Marxist.

Now, while this was a very good putdown on my part, I want to stress very heavily that this was a post that was totally in jest and not at all an accurate statement of TNF.

Although frankly, one could describe all of leftism as a resentment of traditional elitist hierarchs, so he might actuallyl take this as a compliment.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1838 on: February 04, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »

I chuckled heartily at it, of course. Good to see you back, Mechaman. Smiley
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1839 on: February 04, 2015, 05:32:33 PM »

FF, as they understand how left-wing goals are actually accomplished in this country.

By voting for a party whose mainstream has not been remotely leftist in 40 years?

The Democratic party has done a heck of a lot more for the causes of economic and social equality and justice in the past 40 years than Kshama Sawant and co. could ever hope to achieve.

Such as gutting welfare, removing the few restrictions on the parasitic financial industry, signing destructive trade agreements, killing both Americans and foreign civilians in imperialist interventions from Libya to Serbia to Iraq to Sudan, smashing union health care plans, fostering the growth of media conglomerates, forcing people into a parasitic private insurance system, and backing neoliberal education privatization schemes? Or is that all just a long con for the magical left-liberal utopia that Hillary will bring after the 2016 elections?

You clearly aren't educated on the facts and you populate your addled brain with these cherry-picked versions of political events with words like "neoliberal" and "imperialist" sprinkled in.  It's pathetic.  You don't even know what you're talking about.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1840 on: February 05, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »

I only commented on JCL; I called him a ''strong conservative''. I think he has done a good job representing Atlasia's right flank.
In that case, no wonder the fedoras keep losing elections.

SWE wants no serious rightist threat to a radical leftist hegemony.
You are not a serious rightist threat
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #1841 on: February 10, 2015, 10:28:21 AM »

Sure he can.

Blacks appreciate ability as well as whites.

And besides, Walker and the Republicans do not take the black vote for granted as do the Democrats. 

No, I'm pretty sure Walker and the Republicans take the lack of black vote for granted.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1842 on: February 10, 2015, 11:48:01 AM »

I'm pleased that you included a link to Austria's Wikipedia page in this poll. I had never heard about the place.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1843 on: February 12, 2015, 03:25:15 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1844 on: February 16, 2015, 04:52:19 AM »

I don't understand why we need violent ways of capital punishment.

...As opposed to non-violent ways of killing people?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1845 on: February 17, 2015, 06:10:13 AM »

Uh, I don't think Wendy Davis would have a baby.  She'd just as soon abort.

Wow, you think so? How insightful!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1846 on: February 22, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »

Is the Atlas mining industry as moribund as the British one was after Thatcher? I'm the only one to post any content in the past 10 days! Sad

Anyway, AG's on a roll in the Venezuela thread:

People like Vosem are the reason Chavez came to power and was repeatedly reelected and succeeded by Maduro.
And thank for people like Vosem, because they'll use their resources and talents to overthrow people like Chavez and Maduro Wink.

You mean, they have resources and talents?

The sad thing is, my friends, I don't know if people like myself still have resources in Venezuela. We had better hope so.

As a commited opponent of the "Bolivarian" regime, I sincerely hope people like yourself do not exist in Venezuela Smiley
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1847 on: February 23, 2015, 07:42:13 PM »

RFayette, I have placed you on ignore because Satan has gotten a hold of you.  What do I do with Satan?  Ignore him.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1848 on: February 26, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1849 on: February 27, 2015, 10:30:57 AM »

Pretending that we shouldn't take into account the conditions under which one kills is what "isn't a good thing," because it confines those who defend others, or those who rebel against unjust authority as just as wrong in those cases as those who seek to rape, murder, maim, or oppress other people. That's not morality. Morality without context is immorality.
A lesson on morality from the man that said killing little children was okay because they are related to a monarch.

No thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies