The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:24:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 383486 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 10:05:35 PM »

It's worth mentioning that any voter is welcome to go to their county elections office to cast a ballot in person if they have concerns about privacy.

I don't think you understand why the secret ballot works the way it does.

I think you like to write in vague statements in an effort to make yourself sound smarter than you are.

Yeah, that's going in the sig....
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »

We do not have the kind of friendly relationship in which you may use emoticons at me.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 12:53:05 AM »

ouch Joe...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »

Amazing.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »

To be honest, there's two possibilities about Moderatedemocrat 1990.  He's either a troll or dumber than an inbred box of rocks.  I think troll is the less embarassing choice.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 06:01:29 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »

The post was reported. Reported posts are moderated. What did you expect you'd get for that post; a medal?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 05:23:02 PM »

Not the best, but n00b pwns JJ

I would see parallels with 1980 and 1932.

Of course you would. I'm sure Obama supporters can find comfort in your prognostications of doom for their candidate.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 05:41:11 AM »

Not the best, but n00b pwns JJ

I would see parallels with 1980 and 1932.

Of course you would. I'm sure Obama supporters can find comfort in your prognostications of doom for their candidate.

He's not a n00b, he's an old poster.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »

Vermont didn't get to become the second-poorest state in the Northeast for nothing.

Perhaps it should move itself closer to New York City or Boston.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 02:44:36 PM »

Rick Perry is quite a tempting candidate for Republicans to nominate, but I'm just concerned that the Democrats would launch a smear campaign reminding voters of how bad the last two presidents from Texas were (although they weren't actual native born Texans but from Connecticut Wink ).

Because stereotyping a state will definitely make independents vote democrat. That is the dumbest comment I have ever read on here.

Kind of like in 2004 when Bush insisted on referring to his opponent as 'the senator from Massachusetts', you mean?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »

Well yes, your diarrhea-of-posts-constipation-of-ideas syndrome is well established, but still inexcusable in this case.  Either debate the topic properly, or set up another of your polls in one of the intellectual wasteland boards instead.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »

I am curious, however, as to your secrets that allow you to post for 36 straight hours on this forum at one time, and yet provide absolutely nothing of intrinsic value.  Please tell.

"Nothing of intrinsic value". Yes, I do believe that is the standard theory of value economists hold to today. Thanks for reminding me.

But, I dunno. I thought that maybe trying to examine a new style of politics for the Republicans might appeal to your famous pseudo-political independence (not that it's ever been reliable). Or that perhaps asking what I consider to be a probing question of a political perspective rapidly gaining in popular currency might be worth pursuing. Or, maybe, looking at history from another perspective and trying to find something in there.

But no. I'm adding nothing of value. Much better prognostications of hopeless doom-and-gloom - until the Republicans take office! The speed with which the economy will recover then is going to give me rug-burn.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »

Damn a graph show the rate of taxation going down and lower today than in the 1980s.  So sad to see such an interesting idea go down in flames so quickly.

Well actually that's just the top rate, but you may note that it's considerably lower (28% vs. 35%), at the end of Reagan's term.  You probably should work on your perception skills and cut down on the snark when it just makes you look incredibly fuccing dumb.
Liberté
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »

Damn a graph show the rate of taxation going down and lower today than in the 1980s.  So sad to see such an interesting idea go down in flames so quickly.

Well actually that's just the top rate, but you may note that it's considerably lower (28% vs. 35%), at the end of Reagan's term.  You probably should work on your perception skills and cut down on the snark when it just makes you look incredibly fuccing dumb.

Funny enough, the graph doesn't include Reagan's Social Security tax hike, or else it's be 38% vs. 35%.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »

Funny enough, the graph doesn't include Reagan's Social Security tax hike, or else it's be 38% vs. 35%.

Ah yes.  I forgot that Obama abolished the payroll tax.  Thanks for reminding me!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »

Oh, sweetie, you think you speak for rational people? That's almost adorable.

Care to revise that statement?  I was right.

Not really, it doesn't change the fact that you show an irrational level of bilious anger towards anyone who expresses an opinion opposite yours.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 11:21:04 PM »

Ah yes.  I forgot that Obama abolished the payroll tax.  Thanks for reminding me!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »

The gnome strikes, and well:

If you can't be bothered to explain in detail, care to provide an example?

I operate on the basis that a certain level of basic knowledge ought to be assumed, and that there is no point in providing that basic level of knowledge to those that don't know it but who choose to comment regardless.
Liberté
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 06:18:12 AM »

I like to think I did a good number on CARLHAYDEN in this thread. I hate it when conservatives throw around 'Hegelian' as a negative buzzword when the odds are that they've never read anything by Hegel or only read selective quotes from him in back issues of the National Review (when it was devoted to actual intellectualism).
Liberté
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 06:38:55 AM »

In fairness though, people shouldn't feel too proud of themselves for pwning CARLHAYDEN, simply because it's just too easy.  Anybody can bitchslap a senile old bigot when he gets too cranky, but it's not much of an achievement, is it?

Haha, point taken. Still though, I almost feel sorry for the guy. It has to be hard going through life wearing ideological blinders as tight as his own without bumping into walls. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 06:40:34 AM »

Hmm, I managed to delete that post when I meant to edit it.  Oh well, at least it's preserved now.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2011, 08:46:20 PM »

I voted No.

He is a fine representative of everything the Democratic party stands for, and particularly well represents the New York delegation.

Huh

You know those people who are kind of dumb but are under the impression that they're actually quite intelligent?

Yeah.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »

Uh huh. Gabby Giffords released these. Sure.

Whoa, snarky. Smiley That time of month, honey?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2011, 08:39:45 AM »

This obsession with Giffords running for U.S. Senate has got to stop. It's just not realistic.

It's so disturbing.  She still can't form complex sentences.  She has way more important things to do than run for Senate.

Yeah, certainly people just can't help themselves try to exploit a tragedy.

Yeah, it's really slimy. Like when those Obama volunteers beat up that poor white girl in Pittsburgh...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=86263.0

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies