The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:24:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386601 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: September 07, 2012, 12:20:38 AM »

I actually feel bad for Clinton.  He has an awfully ugly pig to put lipstick on.       

I didn't know that you hired Clinton as your make-up artist.

Outside of the schoolyard, answering a petty insult with another tu quoque petty insult is hardly an example of wit.

Not necessarily. It is the way it is phrased that makes all the difference.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
...sucks.

...is awesome.

Px is somewhere in between these two (but closer to the latter).
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #626 on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:52 AM »

I actually feel bad for Clinton.  He has an awfully ugly pig to put lipstick on.       

I didn't know that you hired Clinton as your make-up artist.

I felt that burn.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #627 on: September 07, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »

Almost all of them are made from wool (the objectively correct material for such things).

ahem.  I suppose you also still chisel your notes onto stone tablets.  Perhaps you have not met with Marco Polo's wonderful treasures from the east.  One day you will.  Until then, enjoy your wool.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #628 on: September 07, 2012, 12:58:06 PM »

If I learned anything from people's reaction to last months job reports, that were about 2 times expectation, is that the unemployment rate is all that maters. So this is a great report!!!

He has hit the nail on the head here gentlemen - almost no normal/ordinary voters delve any further into these reports than the 'unemployment rate'.

The unemployed ones do.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #629 on: September 07, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »

Oof. Shocked
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #630 on: September 07, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »

Ouch!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #631 on: September 09, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »

9/7/12:

Quote from: Restricted

9/8/12:

9/9/12:

Wow. Well, it looks like it's about time to start searching for employment outside of the United States.

Romney has connections in the Caymans, search there.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #632 on: September 10, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »

Read through each of your threads again, focusing only on the posts in which people make fun of you.  Now amplify that by a factor of about 25, and that's what putting you at the front of a classroom would be like.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #633 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »

Chomsky, though I would not strongly object to Dershowitz

odd, because they strongly object to each other.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #634 on: September 13, 2012, 12:49:44 PM »

Someone mentioned something about unsubstantiated or inaccurate posts. Surely no Mod is messing with those are they?  If so, that would be unwise, in part because then by necessity (unless a mod were working monomaniacally 24/7), the moderating would be almost entirely arbitrary and by accident, and may be colored by personal subjective opinions more than normal, as a few clear water spots are carved out of a sea of pond scum, leaving the overall quantity of the scum just about the same.
Waddaya mean "would be"?

Torie's still interviewing for his theoretically-to-be-Mod position

It's not often Torie gets whacked.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #635 on: September 13, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »

I haven't laughed so hard in weeks --

Because a left-wing polling organization has the president up by a handful while he's experiencing a post-convention bounce?  The ARG poll shows otherwise, and I suspect that Survey USA will show a Romney lead this week.

ARG is a joke pollster. We know you're a right-wing troll who probably has lived in Colorado Springs all his life and hasn't ever read a book, but if you're going to post on this forum try to have a basic understanding of what you're talking about.

Mondale, next time you get in the mood to call someone a hack or troll (which, as far as I can tell, is about every 5 seconds), read this link: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159141.0.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #636 on: September 15, 2012, 10:10:51 AM »

and Root endorsed Romney instead of Ron Paul or even Gary Johnson
Really? You're criticizing a libertarian for endorsing Romney? Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: September 15, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »

True, true
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #638 on: September 18, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »

I for one am appalled that anyone would have the gall to muzzle Phil's glorious wit.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #639 on: September 18, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »

You're neglecting that final portion, retro.  Being lazy is not a circumstance beyond one's control.  Now while Mitt grossly overstated the portion of the electorate that is lazy, the fact is that the UDHR does not mandate any sort of government provision to those who are able to provide for themselves.

The lazy is a myth, ernest.  It is a racist scapegoat for capitalism's crimes (or if you don't believe in those, then simple macroeconomic policy).

Oh I agree that lazyness is way over-invoked by those who think as Mitt does (as I pointed out in my original post) but that doesn't mean that there aren't some who are lazy.  However, they are more likely to sponge off their parents than their government.

So since a veeeeeeeeeeeeery tiny amount of people are lazy and get money from the government, we should abolish SS and Medicare?

You are an unobservant idiot if you think that's my position.  There's reason I responded to opebo's comment to my post and not to yours.  While opebo does at times veer into the troll territory you spend so much time in, he usually manages to not come across as an idiot when he does so.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #640 on: September 18, 2012, 11:14:54 PM »

You all take this sort of thing much too seriously; the forum is a hallowed ground of procrastination, not a matter of life and death. Please consider investing in lives.

Most Time Online

1. Comrade Sibboleth  600days 14hours 20minutes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #641 on: September 19, 2012, 07:52:27 AM »

You all take this sort of thing much too seriously; the forum is a hallowed ground of procrastination, not a matter of life and death. Please consider investing in lives.

Most Time Online

1. Comrade Sibboleth  600days 14hours 20minutes

Ha! Love it. Absolutely love it. There are few things better than seeing faux intellectual Al get totally owned.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #642 on: September 20, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »

Um, do you realize you just equated "being Phil" as an insult?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #643 on: September 26, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »

Keep in mind, there was a very small chance Romney was going to carry PA anyhow.  Actually, I'm not even sure why anyone really considers it a toss-up to begin with.  It hasn't gone to the GOP since '88 and outside of maybe '04, it wasn't that close in any other year.

It was close in 2000 also. This is the first time in 40 years the state isn't seriously contested.

Well, in all fairness, McCain in 2008 shouldn't have been contesting it.  It was not close in 1992 and 1996.

Says the person that insisted Obama would win Pennsylvania by 1%.

I thought it would be less, but not quite by one point.

You remember (or want to remember?) incorrectly:

I'm predicting Obama, but by 1.5 points, in PA.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #644 on: September 26, 2012, 07:53:46 PM »

Well, that IS "not quite one point". Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #645 on: September 26, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »

Well, that IS "not quite one point". Tongue

The sad thing is, J. J. does love to cling to that type of mathematical argument. I recall him in 2008 hammering on Lunar over some campaign ad buy discussion because Lunar talked about Obama having $25 million to spend somewhere when it was really just $24 million or something like that. And then there's his whole Bradley Effect nonsense...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #646 on: September 27, 2012, 10:29:46 PM »

px gets two in one thread:

A full expiration of the 2010 tax cuts isn't quite enough to pay all these welfare queens that obama has put on the public dole.

True, but it will get the deficit into manageable territory. That is not to say that I support Obama's course of tax hikes without spending cuts, which will likely cause another official recession next year (albeit of a less severe magnitude than the last one since it will probably be more like the 2001 or 1991 recession). However, we obviously cannot have perpetual trillion dollar deficits.

FORWARD!

So that's how it looks when two retards are masturbating each other.

A full expiration of the 2010 tax cuts isn't quite enough to pay all these welfare queens that obama has put on the public dole.

True, but it will get the deficit into manageable territory. That is not to say that I support Obama's course of tax hikes without spending cuts, which will likely cause another official recession next year (albeit of a less severe magnitude than the last one since it will probably be more like the 2001 or 1991 recession). However, we obviously cannot have perpetual trillion dollar deficits.

FORWARD!

Here are 10,000 retards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rshdJZruH_0

There must be only 9999 because I can't see you anywhere.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #647 on: September 28, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »

FORWARD!

FORWARD!

Here are 10,000 retards:

I'm assuming he was infracted for a personal attack?  If not, why not?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #648 on: September 28, 2012, 08:41:54 AM »

FORWARD!

FORWARD!

Here are 10,000 retards:

I recommend this for "Posts of the Year" nomination.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #649 on: September 28, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »

FORWARD!

FORWARD!

Here are 10,000 retards:

I'm assuming he was infracted for a personal attack?  If not, why not?

I wouldn't. HE (Politico) used the term first (albeit against an anonymous crowd vs. an individual); he merely had his own crude vocabulary turned against him.

Those that live by the sword....
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies