The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:57:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 383488 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »

I have a feeling she didn't read the thing before signing.

Only a fool signs anything before reading something non-routine. President Barack Obama has a degree from an honest-to- Oliver Wendell Holmes law school, and he would never make that mistake.

O RLY.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »

I find restricting comparisons to Nazis more repugnant than the comparisons to Nazis themselves. But then again I love freedom and hate fascism, so maybe it's just me?

Eh...I would compare you to a ham-handed incompetent authoritarian that drove one of the best countries in Latin America into the ground, but you put him in your sig so you appear to be proud of that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »

I think we'd all rather have Hero of the Revolution Hugo Chavez in charge here than the gang of little Hitlers currently running things.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »

Speak for yourself, hombre. I prefer mein bruders.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »

Maybe Lief (like opebo) isn't smart enough to create his own, Hitler free message board?  Could someone give him a hand?  Please?!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2011, 11:29:28 PM »

Maybe Lief (like opebo) isn't smart enough to create his own, Hitler free message board?  Could someone give him a hand?  Please?!

Lief and opebo don't have any original content to offer.  I doubt any of us would be here without the rest of the Atlas site.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2011, 11:47:33 PM »

I'll have you know that I've created many a message board in my day. But I love Atlas, and will never abandon it, especially not in its hour of need, as it consumed from within by fascism, tyranny, and etc.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 08:39:09 AM »

Your idea of 'smart' is a curiosity, deadman!
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:15 PM »

What is worse in this thread: the ridiculous op or the criminal coddlers? I sincerely hope that my cousin's murderer is not enjoying himself or freaking collective bargained.

maybe he's a shop steward.  more seriously : when we are impacted personally our desire for vengeance goes way up, naturally.  is not the point of a liberal state to remove this id-force and create a neutral arbiter to deal with, among other things, unfortunate situations such as murder?  your cousin will never live again, regardless of whether or not his killer is currently watching television in air conditioning or toiling 70 hour weeks in some forced sweatshop, nor is it likely that such a juxtaposition entered his mind before he decided to settle whatever score he settled.

My cousin was a very pretty 26 year old women, who died because she was viciously beaten and her liver collapsed amongst several other organ failures.  I don't need to be lectured on how she will never be back or how whatever punishment will also not do that.  Also forgive me if I don't care for the plight of these type who do not have enough rec time. Actions have consequences. He erased her future and he should live a shallow existence.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2011, 03:17:44 AM »

What is worse in this thread: the ridiculous op or the criminal coddlers? I sincerely hope that my cousin's murderer is not enjoying himself or freaking collective bargained.

maybe he's a shop steward.  more seriously : when we are impacted personally our desire for vengeance goes way up, naturally.  is not the point of a liberal state to remove this id-force and create a neutral arbiter to deal with, among other things, unfortunate situations such as murder?  your cousin will never live again, regardless of whether or not his killer is currently watching television in air conditioning or toiling 70 hour weeks in some forced sweatshop, nor is it likely that such a juxtaposition entered his mind before he decided to settle whatever score he settled.

My cousin was a very pretty 26 year old women, who died because she was viciously beaten and her liver collapsed amongst several other organ failures.  I don't need to be lectured on how she will never be back or how whatever punishment will also not do that.  Also forgive me if I don't care for the plight of these type who do not have enough rec time. Actions have consequences. He erased her future and he should live a shallow existence.

Not ohh snap.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »

Since liberals can't understand anything that isn't in anecdote form, I'll explain this rather simple concept with a metaphor.

Raising taxes is like taking King's paycheck/welfare check/allowance (not sure which, most likely the third), and telling him that instead of spending it on useful, self-improving, productive things, he can only spend it on cheeseburgers and cheap pot.  Writ large, it is immensely damaging to the economy.

(oh, wait...)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2011, 07:48:10 PM »

Not a burn on a forum member, but too stinging to just put in the Naso Institute

RE: Santorum's fundraising....

How on earth raising "less than $2Million" is great?

It doesn't take much money to attack a windmill.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2011, 06:15:04 AM »

Since liberals can't understand anything that isn't in anecdote form, I'll explain this rather simple concept with a metaphor.

Raising taxes is like taking King's paycheck/welfare check/allowance (not sure which, most likely the third), and telling him that instead of spending it on useful, self-improving, productive things, he can only spend it on cheeseburgers and cheap pot.  Writ large, it is immensely damaging to the economy.

(oh, wait...)

Since Libertarians can only speak in idealism that has no practical application and disregards current events, I'll restate my post in the following manner:

You grow three tall trees,
Across the pond is not you,
They drink your milkshake.

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »

I think this one might need some Icy Hot on.  Y'know for the burn:

There are religions that aren't a joke?
carolebarnett
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2011, 05:44:31 AM »

great, now i know what im going
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 06:01:46 AM »

I entirely understand (and share) the desire to get rid of him, but why don't you guys just do that, then? Surely there has to be consensus on this issue in the mod squad by now? It just feels like he's being kept around as some sort of punching bag.

We can't just do that. Unlike what you seem to think we're not a band of thugs...

You're not?

If we were a band of thugs you would probably be supporting us.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2011, 02:08:49 PM »

I entirely understand (and share) the desire to get rid of him, but why don't you guys just do that, then? Surely there has to be consensus on this issue in the mod squad by now? It just feels like he's being kept around as some sort of punching bag.

We can't just do that. Unlike what you seem to think we're not a band of thugs...

You're not?

haha, I just came here to post this one Kalwedge, though I had it edited like this:

Unlike what you seem to think we're not a band of thugs...

You're not?

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »

Is it wrong to answer this question with 'North Wales'?

It isn't 'wrong', but seriously you should get someone to put you in their rucksack and take you thither and yon little man.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »

I support opebo's decision to self archive his greatest moments.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »

Did you just 'snap' me, intermoderate?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2011, 04:57:14 AM »

Did you just 'snap' me, intermoderate?

Arguably, but I think he was aiming for the Naso Institute.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2011, 10:47:36 AM »

Actually, I was aiming to support opebo's decision to self-archive his greatest moments.
That part was hard to follow in my original post. I will try to be a more clear and concise writer. My apologies.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2011, 10:53:39 AM »

Aaand the local douchebag chimes in.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »

pbrower finally says something intelligent........

I don't know which state is Mitt Romney's home.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »

It's entirely unsurprising that the Nazis came to power in Germany and not some other country.
Do you try to be an asshole or does it just come naturally?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies