The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:44:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386198 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: March 28, 2014, 01:37:57 PM »

At least Algore and I could smoke weed together. That is about the only silver lining out there.

You and Algore, both high, both in the same room, each talking past each other, droning on and on about minutiae.  That is a new category of hell that I hope none of us ever have to encounter.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1551 on: March 29, 2014, 12:53:54 AM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1552 on: March 29, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »

Looks like every one of the pedosupporter supporters has been here already and commented.  Do you guys get a text every time a topic with "opebo" in the title is started?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1553 on: March 29, 2014, 10:30:32 PM »

RIP the Snowstalker that wasn't a stupid troll. At more length:

Please stop. This has gone on long enough. It was funny for about a day, but you need to stop. You are like a cancer of the Forum's brain and lower the quality of every thread in which you post. Your posts could be written by an edgy-True-Leftist algorithm and you seem to truly enjoy being an asshole. Nothing you say is interesting or contributes a shred of value to this forum anymore, and the part that really saddens me is that you used to be decent. Sure, you weren't one of the greats, but most of us aren't and that's OK. Being infamous doesn't get you anything but the hatred of a lot of people, and if you're just starved for attention because your parents don't love you you can just admit it and go see a therapist. Just don't spew your filth on this forum anymore.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1554 on: March 30, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1555 on: March 31, 2014, 05:37:48 AM »

Doesn't contribute to the forum, so HP.
What do you contribute besides your inflated ego and hackish opinions? Oldies at least adds maps to the site, which is very, very important.
I contribute correct opinions.
You only contribute what I contribute to my toliet.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1556 on: April 01, 2014, 07:02:40 PM »

What do you contribute besides your inflated ego and hackish opinions? Oldies at least adds maps to the site, which is very, very important.
really? One of the lamest comebacks in Forum history, IMHO.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1557 on: April 01, 2014, 07:26:18 PM »

really? One of the lamest comebacks in Forum history, IMHO.
Yeah, I don't think it is worthy of the Sulfur mine, though it wasn't a comeback either. More of a really immaturely stated Simple Truth.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1558 on: April 02, 2014, 11:35:42 AM »

We got rid of joshgreen and he was just like Al and Joe so I don't see the difference.

"We" got rid of him?  I often forget you're still a poster, let alone a moderator, such is your impact around here.

OUCH
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1559 on: April 02, 2014, 06:00:24 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1560 on: April 04, 2014, 06:42:16 PM »

Uh, ok.  You made a public complaint about an infraction - I explained why it was done.  Anybody else reading this would think you'd have been infracted for a totally innocuous post, because that was the edited version.  No need to be an asshole.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1561 on: April 06, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »

It feels like now that gay marriage in the courts is pretty much assured in the next few years, some folks are looking for new things to do on the gay rights front, so the slacktivists among them come up with stuff like this since forcing someone from the cool kids table doesn't require much real thought and effort.

I know, that damn free market, always screwing things up for the Republicans.

I don't know what that has to do with what I said, but two more notes and you'd have a chord.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1562 on: April 09, 2014, 11:40:37 AM »

He has Gully and Oakvale's disapproval. That's enough these days.

Grumps old man, your posts about Cave matters are becoming more valuable.  Why?  Because instead of them being just randomly right or wrong, and thus noise, instead there is now a clear correlation between what you post and what does happen in the Cave. It's just that the correlation is negative. But by just adding a "not" or deleting "one," as the case may be, to change the integer sign of your post content as it were, your missives  can indeed now prove to be a potentially useful roadmap.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1563 on: April 09, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »

Seriously? I was bringing it around to gun control. You (A) didn't have to split it, and (B) didn't have to be condescending in doing so.

In case you hadn't noticed, this thread wasn't started as yet another debate on gun control, tho I was resigned to the inevitable discussion of the topic within this thread.  At least with gun control we can debate whether easier access to guns could have brought this incident to a better solution.  I don't think anyone would argue that the best way to handle the situation would have been to run over the kid with an SUV.

MJ's point was analogy to gun control. If you knew that, then what was your rationale for splitting it while implicitly endorsing a debate on gun control to remain in this thread? If you didn't know that, well, we'll cross that bridge if we get there.

Because you aren't you engaging in a debate on gun control in those posts I split off.  You took advantage of Jedi's point to go off on yet another one of your pedantic nitpicking episodes that is a principal reason [Inks] has come to be an all-purpose replacement for profanity here on the Forum.  Your unholy love of gotcha questioning may possibly make you effective as a lawyer someday, but I suspect you will be losing your clients some cases because of how irritated you have made the jury.  I can only hope for the sake of those you represent that you are less irritating in person than you are in your posts here.

In any case, be glad that I don't follow your example and infract you for publicly challenging a moderator decision.  For someone who keeps saying that people are supposed to question mod decisions via PM, it is extremely hypocritical of you to have done so publicly with nary a PM.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1564 on: April 09, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »

Both are horrible moderators.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1565 on: April 10, 2014, 07:26:42 AM »

Apparently no one found your posts noteworthy, controversial, or interesting enough.

I am a fascist, how is that not controversial? LOL

You can call yourself whatever you want, you are still a nonentity.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1566 on: April 10, 2014, 09:41:48 AM »

I don't know whether to be offended or flattered by my inclusion.

You should celebrate your inclusion by creating five sock accounts to give yourself extra votes in this poll.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1567 on: April 12, 2014, 10:49:24 PM »

You aren't worthy of being a Roman Governor.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1568 on: April 13, 2014, 11:59:05 PM »

There is no rational argument against it.

There is no rational argument for SSM. Marriage is just regulations imposed on people who might seek monogamous sexual reproduction. Couples do not need to be married to express love or to be happy or to be sexually gratified.

Lack of marriage privileges for same-sex couples is a calamity because marriage also grants special socio-economic privileges. If you look at the income data, the only family demographic that earns more than median household income is dual income married couples. The current system screws all unmarried people to protect the sanctity of "traditional" single-income married households.

I'm empathetic to the plight of gay couples, but SSM does not fix the problem nor does it represent civil rights victory. It is a silly politically-indulgent skirmish for small-minded people who are eager to avoid dealing with our real problems.

That's a very cute thing for you to say.  And I mean that with all due respect.  Sure, to you it might not be a "real problem", but to people like TDAS I imagine it's a heck of a "problem".  But I guess that's the thing though, and what is wrong with a lot of people in this country really.  As long as it's not affecting you, who gives a sh*t, am I right?

I'm trying to remain calm here, but I really can't believe I just can't believe that last sentence I read.  I mean really, I actually it's more insulting to the millions of gay Americans and their allies who have been fighting this cause for decades to have their movement demoted down to a "silly politically-indulgent skirmish for small-minded people" more so than people who claim it's a sin.  In the latter case, at least those opponents recognize it's a legitimate issue that has a profound effect on American society.

If you want to say you are against gay marriage because you don't like it, just come right out and say it.  Don't hide behind this legalistic tax code bullsh*t.  I'm not buying it, TDAS is not buying it, and neither is nobody else in this thread.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #1569 on: April 14, 2014, 03:04:49 AM »

Why would you call the cops if you saw a homeless person? Ignorant rich *****

Well, technically, if it had been a beggar, they'd have been trespassing on Church property so...

Do you feel a compunction to defend every atrocity in this God dammed world?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1570 on: April 14, 2014, 04:52:37 PM »

Never knew most people here can't admit they are bi curious.

Maybe you should go out and hit the gay bars instead of posting useless threads all over the forum.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1571 on: April 14, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: BS NOT MODERN INVENTION      SHOCK, HORROR AS IT IS DISCOVERED ANCIENT PEOPLES CAPABLE OF SAYING NONSENSE     "NOT EVERYTHING YOU READ ON A PARCHMENT OR PAPYRUS IS TRUE", SAYS HISTORIAN
So, you are in the Bible is bogus camp?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1572 on: April 14, 2014, 07:49:55 PM »

Most I ever paid? $82 not too long ago at P.J. Clarke's. Raw oysters and clams, a lobster roll, cheesecake, and an Irish coffee. Well worth the cost, although it usually comes out to less there- like $60. I blame the fact I'd finally made it to the opera that night and the waitress was also very attractive.

Most expensive? Probably at the Capital Grille in Boston on the occasion of my cousin's graduation from MIT, last year, the steak I had was $40 or so on top of appetizers and dessert, with some 12-15 of us, and their wine considered, I'd expect it to be upwards of $2500. I might have spent more at Delmonico's on my birthday a few weeks back- I had an entree of $45 Lobster Newburg (and a rather tough one at that!) plus some oysters, bread pudding, and Madeira. Probably like $90, but I was forcibly prevented from seeing the check, much less paying.

Bedstuy, Eleven Madison Park or Per Se? (There's also a place with such prices in Brooklyn which I am neglecting and whose name I am forgetting, but who cares, it's in Brooklyn). Perhaps Daniel and Jean-Georges are contenders here.

Ultimately I am the sort of person who loves good food but would hate to pay for it- you eat and then- it is gone, just like that. And you are out $50. Which is the entry price for a great meal in this city sadly- maybe $40 but keep in mind a meal at McDonald's here is $10- and adjust your scales accordingly.

This is why the world hates America.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1573 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:58 PM »

Because Lenin's ideas were so successful. It's just a coincidence every country that adopted them turned into a dictatorship and/or oligarchy.

By an objective measure the USSR's domestic policies were massively successful in terms of the progress made from living standards/industrialization in Imperial Russia.

So you think that justifies living under a dictatorship/oligarchy that imprisons and/or slaughters its own citizens for having a dissenting political opinion? Ah, the sociopathy of teenage Marxism.

By the way, improving standards of living from Tsarist Russia isn't much to write home about. There's pretty much nowhere to go but up.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1574 on: April 16, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »

Good call on the edit, Ernest.  We don't want the jailed mass murderer to call Dave on copyright infringement.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies