The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:02:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386534 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: April 17, 2014, 01:13:34 PM »

Pryor's magical last name is propping him up.

He had the same last name 2 months ago, last I checked.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1576 on: April 18, 2014, 08:58:49 AM »

Still surprised you're considered the forum's creep?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1577 on: April 18, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1578 on: April 18, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1579 on: April 18, 2014, 10:34:25 PM »

Of course many scientists avoid getting involved directly in religious controversy and some do believe in God, but since science has historically been attacked by religious people, I think that it entirely appropriate for scientists to be critical of religion. Religion should not have the special protection that it has.

Atheists are to history what Baptists are to biology.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1580 on: April 19, 2014, 09:42:46 PM »

Maybe I should start a thread announcing I will leave, and then come back tomorrow.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1581 on: April 21, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »

Turns out that democracy wins the day and those unions have been routed!

You are the most ridiculous person on this board since opebo was banned.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1582 on: April 23, 2014, 12:53:04 PM »

I don't think you understand what "racism" means (or what a lot of other things mean).
I understand racial issues as well as you understand Marxism. Which means I'm a self declared scholar on race in America.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1583 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:02 PM »

Some have suggested a cut in personal income tax rates. Some have suggested a fast train between 2 cities in the Central Valley. Some have suggested a repair of our roadways. It turns out that the government education industry complex devours enough resources to cover all of the above in some manner.

Mental care for the mentally ill? It would be beneficial for you.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1584 on: April 27, 2014, 12:51:50 AM »

Story-wise, Wozzeck is fairly straightforward and predictable, if not a little dumb at points.  Berg made a good decision to cut out extraneous material that does not advance the dramatic focus.  But musically, it is amazing.  Every time.  And opera is always 90% about the music anyways.

I always see Wozzeck at the Met when it's around because James Levine (the child-molester extraordinaire) is quite good at it.

Oh, of course. Going to an opera for the plot is like going to see Transformers or something for the plot. Atonality isn't usually my thing, last I was there was for Cosi fan tutte, no not usually my thing at all- my favorite Schoenberg piece is Verklarte Nacht, which surely says something about my taste.

Berg's music is not atonal.

Well, twelve-tonal, whatever you want to call it. It certainly is unusual. Which is what Berg exactly wanted us to think of it.

Wozzeck was written before dodecaphonic music came into being in the Schoenbergian sense, with tone-rows and derivations and best of all, hexachordal inversional combinatoriality, etc., etc.  I don't know what twelve-tonal means; I presume that this is the layman's term for dodecaphonic.

The musicologists always use the asinine phrase "free atonality" to describe a work like Wozzeck written before the dodecaphonic system was developed by Schoenberg, but as a practical matter, Berg utilizes a number of different tonal centers in Wozzeck that grow out the various motifs and leitmotifs that are emphasized, specifically the interval relationships like the tritone and the minor third.

The shallowness of my thought is particularly apparent when I make the reference to Transformers.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1585 on: April 28, 2014, 03:08:35 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1586 on: April 29, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »

The only thing that pops into my mind, is stuff involving Santa Claus. I was disappointed when my older brother filled me in on that one, at about age 5.

When I was 5, some kid on the bus told me Santa Claus wasn't real and it was my parents. I went home and told my mom that and she replied, "Do you really think we would spend all that money on you?".

That convinced me Santa had to be real for a few more years.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1587 on: April 30, 2014, 11:55:27 AM »

The only thing that pops into my mind, is stuff involving Santa Claus. I was disappointed when my older brother filled me in on that one, at about age 5.

When I was 5, some kid on the bus told me Santa Claus wasn't real and it was my parents. I went home and told my mom that and she replied, "Do you really think we would spend all that money on you?".

That convinced me Santa had to be real for a few more years.

More of a Goldmine candidate than for the Sulpher Burn, but enjoyable reading nonetheless.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1588 on: April 30, 2014, 02:17:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you think so? I see. That is concerning. I suppose you are a recognized expert on complete and total smug self-satisfaction, so perhaps I should take you at least somewhat seriously on this.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1589 on: May 06, 2014, 10:12:02 PM »

Excellent. Any blow against bro-dom is worthwhile.

Just because you're a f#cking geed who probably couldn't get a bid from my neighbors next door (a disgrace to the phrase "fraternity") doesn't mean you can take a metaphorical piss on those that might actually enjoy their lives. It would, however, be interesting to hear your actual opposition to people being productive, taking leadership roles, having to learn codes of conduct, running an organization, and all the other things that come with being part of such an organization. Due to your status as one who will likely spend the majority of their waking hours in a basement on a computer, I wonder why you yourself would not long for something greater.

In any case, this is a great miscarriage of justice, the likes of which has not been seen since--probably--Roe v. Wade. They can all go to Hell.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1590 on: May 13, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »

I'd rather you just empty-quote me to express your agreement with me (and I hate empty-quoting) than elaborate on my point with nonsense like whatever that was.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1591 on: May 18, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »

Admittedly, this is a pretty good burn:

Nobody has yet to explain exactly how and why Hillary and Bill are "interchangeable", "two sides of the same coin", etc. It is just constantly stated as a fact. Hillary of course was involved in her husband's presidency. How exactly does that make her identical to him?

They are both "new Democrat" corporatists with horrible foreign policy records.

This isn't an explanation using empirical evidence of how they are identical. It's just stating an opinion as fact by including buzzwords. You forgot "neoliberal" though.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1592 on: May 19, 2014, 09:00:46 AM »

Developments in this most recent scandal are coming-in very rapidly.

Keep up with the latest here.
This site is well-known for its Cochran bias.

Reality is well-known for its Cochran bias.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1593 on: May 20, 2014, 12:52:31 PM »

And in those ten years the entire Northwest sans Pennsylvania  have followed their lead, along with several others.

Not by the will of the people, though. By the will of judges legislating from the bench

I mean it's bad enough that the legislators legislated from the legislature in NH, VT, RI, NH, DE, DC, IL, MN, and HI, but the voters had to join them in ignoring the will of the people in ME, WA, and MD, and sort of MN.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1594 on: May 27, 2014, 05:13:32 PM »

While a Sandoval/Walker ticket could cause her serious problems, it is far from the only potential nightmare ticket from her perspective.  Rubio/Portman would be pretty rough for her too.

Rubio wouldn't be a tough candidate for anyone, much less Hillary.
Because she does so well against 40-something freshman minority senators from big states.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1595 on: May 27, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »

ATTN: Cory

Please post a recently dated photograph of yourself so that we may conduct a phenotypic evaluation to determine whether you qualify for genetic amelioration.  Failure to comply within the next seven days will result in your liquidation.

Much love

U.S. Department of Eugenics
Southeastern Office

#rekt
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1596 on: May 27, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »

The strangest thing about NYE's timeline is how TX Conservative Dem has become a devoted follower of it.

I wouldn't be surprised
Okay, what will it take for you guys to stop annoying/harassing me... I'd like to able to post in relative peace and calm..

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1597 on: June 09, 2014, 04:45:25 AM »

It's Einzige, but credit where it's due...

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1598 on: June 10, 2014, 03:38:15 AM »

bit long, but perfect:
The results of this poll are bad enough, but the there's this:

I'd give Democrats maybe a 55% chance of holding the Senate

Opinions don't belong here.
This whole thread is based on people's opinions of what is an "absurd, ignorant, or bad" post.

No it isn't. This whole thread is based on a near-universal consensus of what makes a post "absurd, ignorant, or bad". For instance, repeatedly alleging that a Senator won an election because of the votes of felons with no basis in fact is absurd, ignorant, and bad. Assuming that party platforms from 150 years ago bear any relevance on today's political landscape is absurd, ignorant, and bad. Saying that Democrats have about a 55% chance of holding the Senate isn't absurd, ignorant, or bad. One is a reasonable prediction based on an intelligent analysis of the Senate races that could very well turn out to be a good prediction. The other two are absurd and bad conclusions based on willful ignorance of the facts.

TL;DR: stop posting in the deluge.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1599 on: June 12, 2014, 08:16:50 AM »

Never heard the quote before, so I probably don't get the joke.

It isn't a joke you uncultured nitwit.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies