The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:39:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386417 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: October 24, 2014, 02:33:23 PM »
« edited: October 24, 2014, 02:35:59 PM by IceSpear »

I am in no way implying I won't take it seriously, but it is not going to consume my entire evening.  45 minutes MAX.

A 32 year old man acting like a 7 year old whose parents ask if he's practicing his multiplication tables. God this is so frickin pathetic.

I hope Granny Bushie goes old school on your fat ass and beats you over the head with a rolling pin or something.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1751 on: October 27, 2014, 09:18:39 AM »

narcissistic, hive minded, self-centered, attention seeking, self-gratifying

What's the problem? They sound like model libertarians to me? Smiley
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1752 on: October 29, 2014, 10:21:17 AM »

Nixon at least had some good domestic policies.

Yeah, I hear stagflation was great.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1753 on: October 30, 2014, 09:54:39 AM »

Man, you really need to get out more.  Maybe Dad will splurge and hook you up with a working lady.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1754 on: October 30, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »

Context:

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1755 on: October 31, 2014, 01:48:42 AM »

Only 1 other McKinley voter? The whole reason he was shot was because he was too nice!
He was shot because he was seen by Revolutionary Anarchist Leon Czolgosz as a symbol of oppression. What did him being "too nice" have to do with anything?

Czolgosz had nothing against McKinley as a person. Seriously, they were greeting each other at a fair when the bullet was fired.

I don't think you understand how assassinations work.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1756 on: November 05, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »

Meanwhile, Republicans demean those who do not conform to their ideals of a good white person and get shocked when they lose a high turnout race because no minority support.

Christ, why even respond to you? You are the absolutely worst of the Republican Party. It's urchins like you that make it difficult to support anything the GOP stands for in the end.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1757 on: November 05, 2014, 07:05:33 PM »

Damn, Gabe. I can understand anger at moderate Democrats rejoicing, but you'd have to be some sort of deluded teenaged Marxist to enjoy a Republican wave because Nathan or whoever didn't like it.

...oh wait.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1758 on: November 06, 2014, 12:30:30 AM »

Go worry somewhere else xD Everything's fine here. Worry about making Atlasia a better place to live, as I do Smiley

guys, i've been rekt

rip sawx
1994-2014
forever 19 :/
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1759 on: November 07, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »

Don't just read the title and the first 5 words of the OP and then post. Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1760 on: November 07, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »

What's the longest period of time in which a seat on the Supreme Court has been vacant?

What do you mean by that?  It's just tradition to have 9 Justices.  Historically, we've had both more than 9 and fewer than 9, until we sort of settled on nine.  So, that question doesn't really make sense.

Let me rephrase that for you: since the tradition was set to have nine justices 100+ years ago by congress, what is the longest time in between a member leaving/dying and the successor officially taking the seat on the court? Is there any precedent for the court to serve with less than nine in that timeframe?

Was it that hard to figure out instead of playing some unpleasant semantics game? Unless you were just looking to display your knowledge of facts that most here are aware of.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1761 on: November 10, 2014, 10:02:23 AM »

There is, of course, the fact that the nebulous ideal of "free speech" is overrated,

In your case, I'm inclined to agree.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1762 on: November 10, 2014, 02:29:06 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1763 on: November 12, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »

He's a little prick who's trying to get attention by saying 'shockingly' reactionary things. Overshot things just a tad this time though...

I'd rather be a little prick than a swaggering, overly-aggresive git who mimics the symptoms of Tourette's when irritated.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1764 on: November 12, 2014, 02:12:22 PM »

I'd rather be a little prick than a swaggering, overly-aggresive git who mimics the symptoms of Tourette's when irritated.

Ice burn baby. Such an appropriate and hilarious use of a neurological disorder as an insult well. Though I should let you know, for future reference you understand, that 'aggressive' has two, rather than one, 's's in it.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1765 on: November 12, 2014, 02:46:12 PM »

Ice burn baby. Such an appropriate and hilarious use of a neurological disorder as an insult well. Though I should let you know, for future reference you understand, that 'aggressive' has two, rather than one, 's's in it.

There's no retort quite like the one where you correct someone's spelling.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1766 on: November 12, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »

It's the perfect addition of insult to injury, isn't it?  This is precisely the reason why this hallowed Institute is named after Mr. Realpolitik.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1767 on: November 12, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »

This despite gun sales going up every year for 11 years in a row.
Even though I'm pro gun - though anti-regulation toward guns - that correlation is fairly spurious.

How dare you?  That's dead0man you're talking about there.  He would never stoop so low.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1768 on: November 13, 2014, 12:55:29 AM »

It's the perfect addition of insult to injury, isn't it?  This is precisely the reason why this hallowed Institute is named after Mr. Realpolitik.
Yes, he does do it reasonably well thanks to all his practice, but fyck it, he doesn't end up on the receiving end as often as should.  He too often gets a free pass due to us Americans thinking something sounds better than it is because it comes from a Brit.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1769 on: November 20, 2014, 09:16:48 AM »

The only thing about modern culture is that I'm certain Jesus would never play Ingress.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1770 on: November 26, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »

Context:

He is not wrong.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1771 on: November 30, 2014, 11:50:55 PM »

Wow, guys, I did not ask to be lambasted while I was gone to church.  You think I'm hopeless.  You all, except for J-Mann, are hopeless for pointing fingers and viciously assassinating my character.  You'd think I'd learn and stop updating.  Let me ask this:  When I cease updating would you please stop assassinating my character and my family's character?  I do not want to hear a single, solitary word more of this vicious, no-good, lying, un-manlike garbage.

Your character is sh!t. You have zero self-control, zero work ethic, zero rationality, zero responsibility and zero chance of ever changing until you address all of that. "Un-manlike" is rich, coming from you. Look at all the excuses you've made in just the past few posts: "I don't want to offend people by not eating their food", "you all are making me fat by telling me to eat healthy", "Southern food is healthy because it's what I like", and so on. You sound like are a child.

How about this, guys, you know I can't stay away from the update.  How about we just change the subject and leave me to live my life how I please?  I may lose more weight if I don't have birds chirping in my ear all the time criticizing me for every adverse and boneheaded move.

Which Updater was egging you on at the bowling alley when you decided to shove a greasy cheeseburger down your gullet? Sorry, but you don't get to publish every little detail about your life and then only talk about the ones that paint you in a positive light. You already have a whole group of people in real life who enable your "character" by saying  "Good job, Jeff!" all the time after hearing about all of your "accomplishments" after you invariably put a deceptive spin on them.

This is all part of your act. Hopefully at some point, your enabling parents will wake up, slap the hell out of you, throw all of your belongings out on the front yard, go to Granny's and do the same, toss you out and change the locks. It's becoming abundantly clear that's the only way you'll ever learn to exert any responsibility for yourself in a meaningful way.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1772 on: December 02, 2014, 01:06:01 PM »

Context:

The State of Employment might be nice.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1773 on: December 03, 2014, 01:28:47 AM »

The word is consulate, the building in which the consul performs his or her duties.

Consolate is an obsolete form of the verb to console.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1774 on: December 03, 2014, 08:25:14 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2014, 08:32:33 AM by politicus »

The word is consulate, the building in which the consul performs his or her duties.

Consolate is an obsolete form of the verb to console.

That was me trying to draw attention to the wrongly spelled thread title ("TX Man Tries To Burn Down Mexican Consolate"), so not a burn, but a misunderstanding.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies