The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:44:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386775 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: July 28, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »

If you're going to subscribe to the Austrian cult, MBD, you could at least recognize that it's a minority position rather than stating all your dogma as if it's indisputable fact. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 04:03:01 PM »

To say that oil and gas extraction is the best thing about the planet--which provides, in addition to 'one of the foundations of modern society' (which, in its present incarnation, is so wonderful--why, exactly? This is one of those things we often see asserted and seldom actually argued for coherently. Conservatives didn't used to be pat modernists, or at least weren't so insufferably triumphalist and smug about it), all of our food, all of our water, all of our air, all or nearly all of our mineral wealth including but not limited to oil and gas, all of our physical living space and nearly all of the conditions of our physical existence and sense of place and rootedness and embodiment (things about which conservatives have traditionally cared very strongly), and directly or indirectly the majority of the inspiration for our literature and music and art--is, in addition to being incredibly crass and frankly insane, in fact downright dangerous. You, of course, don't care, you rebarbative futurista worm, whether out of ignorance, malice, or both I have quite given up trying to ascertain.

This is a rather odd run on sentence, but in any case, much of Nathan's food, Nathan's water, Nathan's mineral wealth and Nathan's physical living space is of course partially dependent on oil and gas. This is especially true given that Nathan grew up in privilege and wealth not available to most of the world's population.

It's not a run-on sentence, you blithering moron. It's a very long and complex one. There is actually a difference for people who have a reasonably advanced understanding of how English works. Do you want me to make you a syntax tree? While we're on the subject of your education level, what kind of knuckle-dragging troglodyte thinks that access to oil and gas precedes access to food, water, other kinds of mineral wealth, and physical environment, or is more important to the sustenance of human societies? Or, if you'd prefer, what kind of dishonest, amoral POS pretends to think that in a valiant but failed attempt to score debating points? For that matter, how dare you pretend to give a flying [Inks] about privilege? Your own politics are almost literally fascistic. You're exactly the kind of 'conservative' George P. Grant was trying to warn us about. I think I'm beginning to see why you hate teachers so much. Yours certainly didn't do you many favors.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:40:45 PM »

Alcee Hastings has been in Congress for a long time.

Jerry, its cool. Krazen isn't a very gracious winner.

Of course, I didn't recall him being here for the AZ-08 special last year. He's what you call a ' fair weather' fan.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 10:14:07 PM »

Not surprising. Religion is pox on humanity and a frequent shelter for hateful behavior.

If that's so, then what's your excuse for being such a consistently vile and hateful individual?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »

How on Earth did this happen?

Then again, it's PPP, so take it with a grain of salt.

See, Oldies, this is the problem I have with you. One of my best friends is conservative too (I'd say more conservative than you). He's an activist for one the most conservative party in NH, he supported Cruz 2016 for the last few years, and his best friend who was in the State House was most famous for being a birther. Hell, he still peddles with some of the craziest people in the house right now. But guess what? He even takes PPP seriously!

I'd argue you're even worse than him. He's got differing views from me, but he's based in reality. You are detached from it. Stop pretending to be an anti-Tea Party republican, no self-respecting moderate would ever go on a rant about how John Lewis and George Wallace were similar because both were racist Democrats or write off well-respected polling firms because they don't like the numbers. Math isn't liberally biased.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 10:01:47 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2014, 10:04:54 AM by Rep. Scott »

I like Snowstalker, but...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 05:56:55 PM »

Why are almost all of these choices awful? I just found out about this website and I'm starting to regret signing up. Why is Lincoln winning?Huh??

You're still in time to leave. It will probably be for the best of all involved.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »

Seriously? I was bringing it around to gun control. You (A) didn't have to split it, and (B) didn't have to be condescending in doing so.

In case you hadn't noticed, this thread wasn't started as yet another debate on gun control, tho I was resigned to the inevitable discussion of the topic within this thread.  At least with gun control we can debate whether easier access to guns could have brought this incident to a better solution.  I don't think anyone would argue that the best way to handle the situation would have been to run over the kid with an SUV.

MJ's point was analogy to gun control. If you knew that, then what was your rationale for splitting it while implicitly endorsing a debate on gun control to remain in this thread? If you didn't know that, well, we'll cross that bridge if we get there.

Because you aren't you engaging in a debate on gun control in those posts I split off.  You took advantage of Jedi's point to go off on yet another one of your pedantic nitpicking episodes that is a principal reason [Inks] has come to be an all-purpose replacement for profanity here on the Forum.  Your unholy love of gotcha questioning may possibly make you effective as a lawyer someday, but I suspect you will be losing your clients some cases because of how irritated you have made the jury.  I can only hope for the sake of those you represent that you are less irritating in person than you are in your posts here.

In any case, be glad that I don't follow your example and infract you for publicly challenging a moderator decision.  For someone who keeps saying that people are supposed to question mod decisions via PM, it is extremely hypocritical of you to have done so publicly with nary a PM.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:02 PM »

Some have suggested a cut in personal income tax rates. Some have suggested a fast train between 2 cities in the Central Valley. Some have suggested a repair of our roadways. It turns out that the government education industry complex devours enough resources to cover all of the above in some manner.

Mental care for the mentally ill? It would be beneficial for you.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 10:51:19 PM »

Says the man who makes fun of a woman he doesn't know in his sig by calling her a 'slut' (not to mention once stating rhetorically here to her 'Make me sandwich'. I believe the word 'Bitch' might have been involved).
That doesn't take away from the fact that Grumps is probably getting laid (not that the rest of you aren't, but still, that was a weak response, especially from Gully who has a way of really firing back with witty retorts).

Whether or not someone "gets laid" has no bearing on the fact that they have the maturity of a 12-year-old.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 07:12:41 PM »

Over the last couple months especially (though it's existed as a problem for some time), I've gained something of a reputation as an overly bitter troll of the far-left variety (as well as general attention whoring). I've cognitively understood that I'm probably not bringing much positive contribution to the forum, though by virtue of having a rather dull life outside Atlas (and more and more in Atlas Tongue) and having been in a chronically poor mood for a while now (though I've felt a bit better lately), I haven't really made an effort to improve myself as a poster.

So I'm sorry to those I've needlessly gone after or tried to get a rise out of, and to the forum in general for being something of a pretentious attention whore. Will I be fine after this? Of course not, and I still have rather radical political views (though that doesn't excuse me being a poor man's opebo about them). But hopefully with some encouragement I can improve myself and reestablish myself as a valued and veteran contributor to the US Election Atlas Forum. Smiley

Though I expect it to be thoroughly parodied and referenced until well after its expiration date like the infamous apology thread, I feel I should announce something. I'd make a big effortpost about this, but I'm rather tired and have work to do so I'll condense it to the important parts:

• Yes, I see how my "sage" is insufferable to some. To a large extent that was the point of it, though I've long passed the point where I'm getting tired of and annoyed by my own forum persona.
  • A lowdown on my actual views: Very left-wing, though rather more nuanced than I let on. I mostly dumbed them down in a misguided effort to combat/make fun of the dominant political perspective on this forum (progressive liberalism) which I'm finding more and more annoying.
  • I won't be posting (or more likely, maybe posting once every couple days) for a while, though I fully expect to return in full force at some point. Hopefully my affected forum schtick will have mostly died by that point, though given past attempts at "reforming" I shouldn't make any absolute promises. I will most definitely continue to lurk on the forum and if my hiatus lasts long enough will probably be a zombie voter in Atlasia (and since it's barely connected to Atlas I'll probably stay in that game Lumine's doing).

I'm fully back a bit earlier than I sort of expected myself, though the few days mostly off have been a bit refreshing and gave an exercise in self-control. I know I've reneged on my "promises" before but I hope I can finally kill off the worst excesses of Sage and get on better terms with some of my old forum friends who have been understandably put off by my affected Marxist propaganda.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 10:47:53 PM »

Let's not even try to pretend that Thomas from NJ is a better poster than BRTD, of course.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies