The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:53:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 387002 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: March 08, 2012, 04:57:58 AM »

Can a Presidential candidate for once use a screamo metal campaign song rather than a sappy country or pop ballad?

For implying that such a thing as "screamo metal" even exists.

For implying that anyone else cares about such a thing as "screamo metal"
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:15:19 AM »

it's not just libertarians
every person I speak to in NY (and not just Orthodox Jews) democrat or republican hates Bloomberg.

one thing that seems to unite most NYers is that Bloomberg pisses them off.

my favorite one of Bloomberg's idiocies (just for the record what's mentioned here is the least of the Richter's kindnesses)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/no_kugel_for_you_N4VuTrqavfOiApSHngxuMJ
5 people isn't exactly a representative sample
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »

See, krazen, I totally get everything that you're saying, it's just that it's a cocktail of barely-relevant bullsh**t, astonishing leaps of logic, and mean-spirited spin none of which actually answers my question.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »

Female + 8???  Surely there can't be that many women in NC. You would think getting gender at least close to even would be straightforward. Not with PPP.

2008 was 54 Female 46 Male, so...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 04:51:44 AM »

Michigan is usually even more blue than PA. It's only those local polls that have a GOP lean that show MI competitive. Even rasmussen has Obama up 6 or more there.

Actually, Rasmussen has not polled since July.  PPP went from +14 to +7 and some of the lesser polls are showing it closer.

In a number of elections since 1980, MI was more Republican than PA.

In a number of elections since 1980, VT was more Republican than WV, but I don't think even Dick Morris thinks it will this year.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »

Oof. Shocked
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »

I haven't laughed so hard in weeks --

Because a left-wing polling organization has the president up by a handful while he's experiencing a post-convention bounce?  The ARG poll shows otherwise, and I suspect that Survey USA will show a Romney lead this week.

ARG is a joke pollster. We know you're a right-wing troll who probably has lived in Colorado Springs all his life and hasn't ever read a book, but if you're going to post on this forum try to have a basic understanding of what you're talking about.

Mondale, next time you get in the mood to call someone a hack or troll (which, as far as I can tell, is about every 5 seconds), read this link: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159141.0.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »

33441 posts, and Kalwjet has managed to actually post something funny.

65,135 and you haven't.......
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »

I literally have never once been offended by any of his posts and have no clue what the big deal is.

For Christmas, I'd love the gift of total density. It would be great, if even for just a day, to fail to comprehend anything that doesn't jive with how I see things. "I agree with X's blatant extreme hackery and trolling so I don't understand why people are offended!" Oh, to live your life...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »

Not sure if it goes here exactly, but…

This Forum's preeminent "brony" as a 30-something who calls Lent by another name because he thinks it's too "mainstream".

Uh, no. I'm still a 20something.

Well, shoot. My entire argument just fell apart.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 09:20:19 AM »

The chap said "the minorities," as in plural, not "a minority." So if he meant an ideological minority, rather than an ethnic/racial reference, running roughshod over the "silent majority" or something, it is odd that he used the plural form, as if it were a coalition of ideological "minorities." I don't think so. When you talk about "the minorities" down on the street, you ain't talkin' ideology baby, and this guy is all street - a veritable barker. And he's good at it to boot.

PS: I watched the relevant portions of the video ... yes, watching the whole thing would have been cruel and unusual punishment. I just cringe at this sort of thing.

Some people just cannot accept that non-white, non-Anglo, non-Christian, and non-straight people can be equal participants in American life.

That may very well be true of some unspecified people, but, that has absolutely nothing to do with the person in question. His objection was to political positions having support from fewer than the majority of the electorate having more influence than the positions held by the majority of the electorate. If all political viewpoints were allowed to participate "equally," as you suggest, presumably the majority would work its will in a democracy.

Indeed. Let's talk about majority rule. What do you think of Republican filibustering preventing the elected majority from governing (particularly a few years ago when Democrats also had the House?)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 03:02:51 PM »

Whaaaaaat?! Oh my GOD, this is hilarious. Probably the first inaccurate prediction on this site in a long, long time. Your sense of humor is pervasive, BRTD. Real solid stuff.

Really, do you just go through your own posts and threads all the time looking for (and thinking we'd appreciate) at best mildly amusing posts from years ago?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 03:21:03 AM »

I still think Nathan calling krazey a "risible, crypto-Francoist scrooge" is the best burn I've ever seen here.

Nathan used Francoist as an insult? Oh. That's a bummer.

It should be, it applies to you rather well.

"no", as you would say.

Please delete your lame come-back, Simfan - this thread is for your admirers (if any) to memorialize your wit.  Not to clutter up with drivel by direct posting.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »

Uh-oh… this is not good.  Why not let the people vote?  And this is a classic example of how ideology hacks in the GOP, including the Tea Partymovement, have damaged America.   If it weren't for them nominating an unelectable candidate like Bill Brady to run against Quinn, Jim Ryan would be governor today, and although he's more liberal/moderate on social issues, he might have vetoed this bill.

Because human rights shouldn't be put to a vote. It's funny that you're with Stephen Douglas on the issue of letting people vote on someone else's human rights, Oldies. Tongue
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 02:20:23 PM »

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »

The goal of life, for all organisms, is to ensure stability for yourself, reproduce, and (for certain organisms, such as humans) also to ensure stability for your children.

I, unlike some reptiles on the right, am more than an "organism."

You do have roughly the cognitive abilities of the average mineral, but nevertheless you, and I, and trillions of things in both of our immediate surroundings are all organisms.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 02:28:46 PM »

Since it's Bushie, there's a good chance that the "apple" he'd get would be pre-cored and sliced for "convenience" at the store.

Better than no apples.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 02:05:56 PM »

Putting an apple in a fridge is a sure way to ruin it. Townies are weird.

Yes, I'm from the Bad Place and I saw all sorts putting apples in the fridge all my life.  I don't know why but I always hated the idea.  Admittedly I don't like fruit of any kind (I take that back, I like Dole Mandarin Oranges in a Light Syrup), but refrigerated fresh fruit always rubbed me the wrong way.

[…]
Mandarin oranges are the best, I used to eat a whole can every day after I came home from school.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »

1. This isn't RevLeft. You can't shun people for being not quite as virulent as you.
2. It's not surprising at all that neither Marokai nor Antonio bothered to make any sort of substantial argument.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 02:09:42 AM »

Good job proving my point.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 06:36:14 AM »

2. It's not surprising at all that neither Marokai nor Antonio bothered to make any sort of substantial argument.

What?!? MB itemized, link by link, statement by statement, direct compelling documentation of EVERY allegation. How much more 'substantive' an argument can one present??

I mean this litterally and without an ounce of hyperbole: WTF are you talking about?

No, it's baseless.

For example:

Let's look at the actual quote, shall we?
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think Mao Zedong could be described as "messy, but necessary." Does that make me a Mao lover? No, Marokai is (deliberately or not) throwing any sort of complex thought out the window.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 07:06:20 AM »

Tyrannical leaders are not "necessary". Chile would have been a much better country without the Pinochet years and China would have developed a lot faster without Maos disastrous policies.

I disagree (on the second), but we'll never know, obviously.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »

Oh.  Im certainly no coward.  I voted hp person because he has a bad habit of acting like a jerk.

Calling everyone who voted hp a coward is an example of asshole behavior.

I've gotta say... bumping a thread from 10 days ago to point out someone's "asshole behavior" doesn't exactly bode well for your argument.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 01:42:36 PM »

The people are infuriated by Mr. Morse's unwillingness to represent their values.

Yes how dare a Democrat represent the people who voted for him instead of those who voted against him!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies