The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:00:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386832 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 20, 2011, 06:15:04 AM »

Since liberals can't understand anything that isn't in anecdote form, I'll explain this rather simple concept with a metaphor.

Raising taxes is like taking King's paycheck/welfare check/allowance (not sure which, most likely the third), and telling him that instead of spending it on useful, self-improving, productive things, he can only spend it on cheeseburgers and cheap pot.  Writ large, it is immensely damaging to the economy.

(oh, wait...)

Since Libertarians can only speak in idealism that has no practical application and disregards current events, I'll restate my post in the following manner:

You grow three tall trees,
Across the pond is not you,
They drink your milkshake.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »

Lief is in great shape lately.

Did anyone notice more people smiling today?

Yeah, but I go to school with a lot of Giants fans.

Yeah, too bad it was Meeker that said that.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 03:48:10 PM »

Why do you assume I wouldn't love my child?
I'm not at all accusing you of not loving your hypothetical child. I'm simply pointing out that by being so intolerant of their lifestyle (getting pissed when they bring their partner around) you're making life a lot, lot harder for them than it needs to be.

Love does not mean always agreeing with everything someone does. It is in many cases the exact opposite: still honestly hoping the best for someone when you are distinctly not in agreement. Loving one's enemies does not mean they are no longer enemies.

In the case of a child, I would have made a promise before God to raise that child in the practice of faith upon baptism and engaging in a homosexual act or entering into a homosexual relationship is a grave sin thus contrary to God's teachings. Their partner would not be permitted to enter my house as a partner and my child would not be permitted to see his/her partner. I would teach my child to remain celibate with every bit of effort I can muster. It would likely be difficult to succeed but what choice would I have? Loving a child would include wishing them eternal life in heaven not just temporal happiness.

Understandably, I hope you never become a father; you don't seem to have what it takes to be one, or do you display anything remotely attractive to most intelligent women. The fact you want your child to live a miserable life because you chose to and place restrictions on him that are psychologically destructive provides an interesting insight into your own psyche.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »

Posted already in the Institute, but....well....I will admit that this did hurt.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »

Yeah I referenced that. Granted Rochambeau's was over a much shorter time frame, if he continued he might've had a similar string.

Yeah, I had about as many as him when Blubb posted that.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »

Projecting again, are we? Wink
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »

Why are you guys letting this clown game the system?
Sorry to offend you, "Grumps".... by the way, do they let 53 year old in nursing homes now?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies