The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:26:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386977 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: October 29, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »

Whereas you're the envy of the forum.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:00:03 PM »

If anything you came off inflated from that; but I apologise for not quoting unnecessarily and yelling out useless insults as you bravely stood up to a True Leftist.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2013, 12:25:20 PM by Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit »

And of course the Obamabots rush to defend their messiah's Heritage Foundation plan. Obamacare is an utter joke, an insult to advocates of actual health care reform (i.e. nationalization) and I hope it fails. The neoliberal cancer needs to be exterminated, even if cutting it off may hurt.

The casual sociopathy of sheltered rich kids who'll never have to worry about losing their health insurance.

It's a bit rich to be mocking the casual sociopathy of sheltered rich kids whilst promoting 15% flat tax and the most regressive tax there is (VAT/sales tax). But I'm sure that's credible and serious discussion to all the liberals on here.

Obviously Obama's health plan is better than nothing, but it's one of those remorselessly unambitious plans (Heritage Foundation guaranteed) that kill off any hopes for a real reform (or in this case, a healthcare system).
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2013, 01:47:34 PM by Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit »

I understand this might come as some surprise to the Leftist Perpetual Outrage Machine of which you're apparently a part, but I don't genuinely support replacing progressive income taxes with a flat tax, no. I'm not American - as Antonio recognised in that thread anyone remotely familiar with my "political views" would know I'm not some kind of laissez-faire psychopath and was merely making a comment about the infantile nature of a thread about "Your Tax Policy" as if we're candidates for office.

I hardly think my unfamiliarity with your views, and my failure to recognise something said in a dead-pan manner was satire renders me as a member of the Leftist Perpetual Outrage Machine (whatever that is - it sounds positively Barfbag-esque) - but happy to check you off the laissez-faire psychopath list and admit your criticism is no longer hypocritical.

A VAT is different and is good public policy, though, and calling it "the most  regressive tax" there is a poor excuse for political argument.

Well, only if equality isn't remotely a priority to you.

The idea that Real Reform is only possible as an all-or-nothing measure is one of the dumbest things that the Left believes. If Obamacare hadn't passed you wouldn't see Real Reform. You wouldn't see healthcare reform for another decade at minimum. At most the next Democratic President might try to provide health benefits for poor kids or something. Maybe.

Or you might see the same demand for action produce a more meaningful solution than this Heritage-sponsored travesty. It's not a case of all-or-nothing, but you can't tell me implementing this healthcare act won't dampen the impetus for immediately (as in within this decade) tearing it up and creating a nationalised system, which is the real reform (much of) the Left believes in/hopes for. Without the emergency of 60+ million people priced out of coverage it's less likely that the fundamental issue - the systemic extortion from sociopathic profiteers, above delivering a healthcare service, will be addressed. This couldn't be, and isn't, a stepping stone - it's the (woefully inadequate) solution. It's to be welcomed over the existing crisis, but with the heavy-hearted realisation there'll still be no healthcare service for Americans for the foreseeable future.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »

Another death threat from the classy left!
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »

Who's threatening anyone? I was simply saying if his head were to explode, that I would like to see it.

I thought your comment was implying you'd help him along - although my tongue was firmly in cheek.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »

Personally, I find your over-reactions vile and horrible.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »

I was talking about to RP2012, ffs.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 10:47:29 PM »

Yeah, it's not like it was you who dragged up my comments in here in the first place.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 10:58:53 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2013, 11:01:34 PM by Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit »

Erm, despite defending RP2012, you've immediately attributed them in relation to my comments to you, and then we have this.

Not only am I rendered speechless from the sheer amount of irony packed into your accusation, this borderline squabble is undignified and painful to be involved in. So, yeah.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies