The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:18:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 387209 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 31, 2012, 06:44:07 PM »

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP. I know we don't take this forum seriously, but please, please, show a modicum of respect for the idea this is some kind of high-level forum and at least use punctuation. Please.

i take it you re not a fan of e e cummings
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:52:56 AM »

Surrounding the death of Diana, the queen was about as warm as a dead fish.

And I say hang royal protocol.  It has no place in the world of the 21st century.

How the hell would you know?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »

And you are sixteen years old with all the critical faculties of a recently decapitated chicken.

You're certainly deserving of your own thread such as this, but tell me: does being repetitive, drab and overly-predictable ever get tiring?
Probably not since he's British. Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »

And you are sixteen years old with all the critical faculties of a recently decapitated chicken.

You're certainly deserving of your own thread such as this, but tell me: does being repetitive, drab and overly-predictable ever get tiring?

Probably not since he's British. Wink

His problems seem to run a lot deeper than that.

I don't think his infatuation with mining has anything to do with that, tho it might.  A miner generally does not want surprises to happen while he's down in the pits.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 02:26:08 PM »

Since it's Bushie, there's a good chance that the "apple" he'd get would be pre-cored and sliced for "convenience" at the store.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »

The right really needs to drop Benghazi. They're manipulating the deaths of four Americans for political gain. Does anyone really think they care about Ambassador Stevens and the three others that died? Of course they don't. If this happened under Bush (or any Republican President,) they probably wouldn't have even brought it up to begin with. Tasteless.

When I quickly saw your username, I thought you were Bacon King. I read your post and was greatly concerned. I was shocked BK would say something so asinine. I was relieved to realize it was a child and not him.

He's exactly right and you can't deny it.

Ok, you convinced me! You're good.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »

McConnell has yet to buy the election.

Not a McConnell fan, I take it?

I don't mind him, I'm just realistic that his money machine will literally nuke Grimes.

He is literally going to drop a nuclear bomb on her? Like actually drop a physical bomb? Will she be in Kentucky at the time? Wouldn't that hurt Mitch with the electorate?

He could have just been using the Google definition of literally.

However, I thought it was Reid and Obama that were threatening to use the nuclear option.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »

Sort of ironic that this got posted by snowguy in a global warming thread, because this burns.

One thing I've learned after 6 years of posting on Atlas is that you are truly a miserable human being.

Nobody can be as nasty as you are to others without feeling pretty awful about yourself.  And you should.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »

Why not 47 times?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

Syntax mistake?  Granted, one really should not give the Cangjie inputs for a Chinese character in place of the actual character.  Also when Cangjie is represented it usually is done in capital letters, i.e., FYCK and not fyck.  Still I wouldn't call using 烄 there a syntax mistake.  Perhaps a ridiculous attempt to avoid the swear filter.  After all, one doesn't need to substitute a Chinese character meaning "religious fire" for "Hell" since the swear filter doesn't filter out that word.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 06:24:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure it should be "IDK what the fyck you are doing here".

Nah.  There are two markers for questions in English.  One is the interrogative tone, indicated by the presence of a question mark.  The other is instead of the usual SVO order of English to use vSVO, where v is an auxiliary verb, even if it's being used as a main verb.

"IDK what the fyck are you doing here." is perfectly grammatical, but the absence of the interrogative tone indicates the speaker is not interested in an answer.

"IDK what the fyck are you doing here?" would indicate that Kalwejt was actually interested in a reply.

"IDK what the fyck you are doing here." would be an alternative way of expressing his displeasure at Jack's presence without invoking any form of questioning.

Now is true that in formal English, it is generally considered bad form to use only one of  interrogative word order and interrogative tone, but then it is also considered bad form to swear in formal English.  For conversational English, what Kalwejt wrote is perfectly grammatical, tho not a form non-native speakers would typically use.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »

If the sentence begins with "I don't know", then it is indicative. What follows is a subordinate proposition and therefore shouldn't use the interrogative mode. At least that's what I thought...

Maybe some presciptivists would complain, but there's no absolute bar on a subordinate clause using any mood.  Indeed, in relaying quoted speech, it is impossible to avoid.  "Jill asked Jane, 'Do you have any Grey Poupon?'"  If there is a grammatical concern here, it's over using the interrogative mood without using the interrogative tone,  and not over using a subordinate interrogative clause in a declarative sentence.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »

Does Ernest realize this isn't a thread to dissect what's put in here?  Roll Eyes
Unlike you, he's not older than the dirt he stands on...
Actually, he is. Torie and Grumps and Clarence are about the only things in the known universe to be even older than Ernest.

No I'm only as old as dirt, not older than dirt.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 09:12:37 PM »

Burning krazen with his own words.  Priceless.

Link

At the website of the anti-American, radical Left outfit, MoveOn.org, 29,000 progressive big thinkers have signed a petition calling on their friends at the Obama Justice Department to prosecute House Republican leaders. The petitioners claim the GOP’s recent strategy, leading to a government shut down and “threaten[ing] the U.S. economy with default,” constitutes “an attempt to extort the United States government into altering or abolishing the Affordable Care Act.” That, they proclaim, “is self-evidently a seditious conspiracy” – the crime they would have Eric Holder charge.

Thankfully, the founders are wise people. Article I and Amendment II of the United States Constitution were written to protect America from leftist lawless behavior.

The link is to a thread krazen started where he praised a bunch of truckers who said they were out to arrest Democratic members of Congress.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 02:43:38 PM »

What's so sulfurous about proclaiming that no woman would ever want to settle down with yourself so that you'll need to keep finding new women?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2013, 12:51:19 AM by True Federalist »

Ah yes... The day when a total failure was re-elected President because a bunch of upper-middle class fops, handwringers and pansies couldn't hack it that the challenger was supposedly engaged in a 'war on wermerns'.

wow
      very analysis
                                   much insightful
                   r u n8 silver                   wow
           wow
                         so accuracy

People who think that's sulfurous need to go back and retake high school Chemistry.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »

I think you're making a good decision to delegate your power.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 08:28:02 PM »

I would much rather spend more money on food stamps than on a weapons program.

I'd rather have everyone working and not needing food stamps.

Then your political affiliation doesn't make much sense.

Sure it does.

Society gets a broken bone, liberals hand them a band-aid. Republicans hand them a cast. While it may not be immediate and fast relief, the bone will heal. With the band aid, the never ending cycle of impoverishment continues.

No, Republicans don't hand out band-aids, they leave the wounds untreated. That "solves" the problem for them.

I understand your nativity considering the country of your avatar has a history of being taken over in six hours, but I must make clear that your facts are flawed.

Guess I should give you credit. Even being interested in facts (even if you have no idea what they are) makes you brighter than the majority of your party.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 01:06:56 PM »

Neither burn is all that hot, but I do have a soft spot for zingers against zingers that miss.

In fact, Naso, Sweden was a neutral party in World War II.

In fact, Xahar, said poster is from Oslo.

Bazinga.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »

In the thread "Shots fired: PRC calls out USA for judging others while ignoring own problems":
I didn't know China was an orange avatar'd Atlas poster.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 04:55:56 PM »

I know very little about de Blasio's tenure so far, but the ban on horse carriages cements him as a solid FF in my book.
Do you work in the glue industry or something?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »

The only thing that pops into my mind, is stuff involving Santa Claus. I was disappointed when my older brother filled me in on that one, at about age 5.

When I was 5, some kid on the bus told me Santa Claus wasn't real and it was my parents. I went home and told my mom that and she replied, "Do you really think we would spend all that money on you?".

That convinced me Santa had to be real for a few more years.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 12:49:38 AM »

Here's a thought, Cath. If you don't like your job, find a new one. And realize that 99% of this forum really doesn't give two sh*ts about what you and your "bros" that you pay a per-semester fee for are or aren't doing and don't need daily updates about what's happening at "the House."

It's unfortunate that you're being forced to read this thread.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »

That has got to be the most beautiful ownage I've ever seen.

I haven't been following Colorado, but PE best hope that this isn't the year for a broken clock to be right because of the time of day.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies