Osama bin Laden dead (Official)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:13:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Osama bin Laden dead (Official)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden dead (Official)  (Read 40161 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2011, 11:03:45 PM »

Well I really hate it when people use patriotism as a licence to kill. Our people? you kidding me? The only thing that makes us American is us just saying we are. nothing else. I find is dishonest. It makes me want to vomit when he pulls a card like that. Be honest and keep the facts clean. And stop brainwashing us into thinking we are one when we dont even know half of the people living in America. yuck!

What's the point of having a country then?  Or the point of unity?  Or of patriotism all in of itself?
there is a point. But it is merely to make social connections. But it should never be used to end someones life and to make to seem that is ok. That makes me mad. A life is a life, and to make us think that because we are 'Americans' we have to right to kill someone despite what they have done, and are 'defending our people' is crap. There is no need to lie. If you are going to kill someone it should be because he has killed many people. Not because he killed Americans. Had they not been Americans obama would not give a sh**t.

And which one do you think matters more to the Americans?  That he killed Americans or that he killed people?  As you said, we do not know half the country itself, but I think it is safe to say that more than half care about the death of Americans than the death of people as a whole.
I disagree. I care far more when patriotism is out of the question. Honestly, i care more about people dying period. Not Americans. And it is rather low to party over someone dying! no matter what it is just rude. If justice is served already there is not need to dance about in the streets. Partying makes the theory of justice just dissolve away. There is no justice. Man i despise people right now.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2011, 11:04:03 PM »

Please change the name of this thread to make it the official dead Osama thread. It's not clear from just Obama to speak and somebody will inevitably make a duplicate thread otherwise.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2011, 11:04:17 PM »

I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but while Presidents Obama and Bush deserve a lot of credit as does our military, all the glory belongs to God.  He gave the US Intelligence the ability to find Bin Laden and delivered Bin Laden into our hands.

Grow up.
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »

Anyone else notice that today is the 8 year anniversary of Bush's Mission Accomplished Speech?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2011, 11:05:10 PM »

Please change the name of this thread to make it the official dead Osama thread. It's not clear from just Obama to speak and somebody will inevitably make a duplicate thread otherwise.

I agree.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »

Seeing that huge crowd of young people gathering kind of makes me feel all fuzzy and patriotic inside.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »

The scene outside the White House has gotten more lively.

Watching it on CNN. Some douche is waving a "Bush-Cheney 04" placard. Roll Eyes
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2011, 11:06:05 PM »

I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but while Presidents Obama and Bush deserve a lot of credit as does our military, all the glory belongs to God.  He gave the US Intelligence the ability to find Bin Laden and delivered Bin Laden into our hands.

Grow up.

A 10 year muddled design with random intelligence drops was much easier than forcing miscarriage back in '57 or a cliche lightening strike.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2011, 11:06:32 PM »

Grow up.

I have, that's why I said what I did.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2011, 11:06:38 PM »

Well I really hate it when people use patriotism as a licence to kill. Our people? you kidding me? The only thing that makes us American is us just saying we are. nothing else. I find is dishonest. It makes me want to vomit when he pulls a card like that. Be honest and keep the facts clean. And stop brainwashing us into thinking we are one when we dont even know half of the people living in America. yuck!

What's the point of having a country then?  Or the point of unity?  Or of patriotism all in of itself?
there is a point. But it is merely to make social connections. But it should never be used to end someones life and to make to seem that is ok. That makes me mad. A life is a life, and to make us think that because we are 'Americans' we have to right to kill someone despite what they have done, and are 'defending our people' is crap. There is no need to lie. If you are going to kill someone it should be because he has killed many people. Not because he killed Americans. Had they not been Americans obama would not give a sh**t.

And which one do you think matters more to the Americans?  That he killed Americans or that he killed people?  As you said, we do not know half the country itself, but I think it is safe to say that more than half care about the death of Americans than the death of people as a whole.
I disagree. I care far more when patriotism is out of the question. Honestly, i care more about people dying period. Not Americans. And it is rather low to party over someone dying! no matter what it is just rude. If justice is served already there is not need to dance about in the streets. Partying makes the theory of justice just dissolve away. There is no justice. Man i despise people right now.

As I said, more than half.  And the partying only proves that point.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2011, 11:07:21 PM »

The scene outside the White House has gotten more lively.

Watching it on CNN. Some douche is waving a "Bush-Cheney 04" placard. Roll Eyes

People are seeing it on TV and saying "hey let's go celebrate on TV, too!"
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2011, 11:09:18 PM »

Grow up.

You believe an invisible space person deserves glory over troops who risked their lives to do this?
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »

You seem to misunderstand. I know that americans care about this. But i think they are simply ignorate pricks who lack the ability to see how they are being brainwashed by the government and their peers.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:48 PM »

You seem to misunderstand. I know that americans care about this. But i think they are simply ignorate pricks who lack the ability to see how they are being brainwashed by the government and their peers.

& you hold all the answers?  Teach me oh wise one...
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »

Grow up.

Leave the guy alone.  So he's a bit "enthusiastic" about his faith.  Show a little tolerance.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2011, 11:12:07 PM »

Grow up.

You believe an invisible space person deserves glory over troops who risked their lives to do this?

He gave the troops the ability and the health to go in and find this guy.  Sure, the military deserves credit and I'm not taking anything away from them.  But God, being in charge of the ENTIRE earth and being able to do whatever He wants, gave us the ability to find him.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2011, 11:12:38 PM »

I agree.

How?  I want to as well.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:34 PM »

I agree.

How?  I want to as well.

Go to the first post and edit it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:58 PM »

Please don't turn this into another thread focusing on BushOK.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2011, 11:14:48 PM »

Okay, I got it.  Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2011, 11:15:11 PM »

I can appreciate where your coming from. I don't like to see people jubiliant over anyone's death, but really it is understandable, when you consider how he did set out to kill Americans, so Osama made himself the enemy of all Americans.  He has been the focus of people's hurt over the attacks on 9/11 and fears of another attack, so this feels like a relief, though I don't know how much it will make people safer. I do hope no innocent people died in the attack, but sadly it's likely someone did.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2011, 11:16:17 PM »

Grow up.

Leave the guy alone.  So he's a bit "enthusiastic" about his faith.  Show a little tolerance.

It's BushOklahoma.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2011, 11:17:18 PM »

You're right. I shall avoid responding to his trolling.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2011, 11:18:06 PM »

Then which one matters more to Americans through human psychology?  He presented it in the most sensitive way possible to the American people.  To many, the ends justify the means.  So he chose that path.

The fact of the matter is that there is no real person who is ignorant or is stupid or idiotic or daft.  These are just labels for the different ways people think.  If we start labeling them that way, then we give them the reprieve to label us in that way - and it opens up hell.  And that cycle is more vicious than anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies