Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 01:53:28 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  Osama bin Laden dead (Official)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden dead (Official)  (Read 16195 times)
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:07 pm »
Ignore

State Dept warns of potential backlash violence against Americans abroad.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_worldwide.html

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:15 pm »
Ignore

Alright - I gotta get back to studying for my exams tomorrow.  Enjoy the celebrations!  We finally got him!
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:32 pm »
Ignore

I feel badly for the woman used as a human shield.
Yeah, me too.  The al Qaeda legacy of cowardice is now complete, from mass homicide missions against unarmed civilians to hiding behind a woman during a raid.  

Was she harmed?  President Obama said no Americans or civilians were harmed, so I assume she wasn't, but there are undoubtedly others who know more than I do.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2011, 11:59:27 pm »
Ignore

Alright - I gotta get back to studying for my exams tomorrow.  Enjoy the celebrations!  We finally got him!

Good night/good morning, buddy!

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2011, 12:00:48 am »
Ignore

Check out the place he was hiding: http://tinyurl.com/abottabad

Golf courses, squash courts, a hockey stadium, green trees, suburban houses? Pakistan's got 'spailing to do.

memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2011, 12:01:22 am »
Ignore

Yeah, the haters are gonna keep on hating. He'll get some support from the wishy washies though. I'd be shocked if he breaks 60 in any poll. It would have shot any GOP president over the moon. There's obviously a double standard.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:11 am »
Ignore

Check out the place he was hiding: http://tinyurl.com/abottabad

Golf courses, squash courts, a hockey stadium, green trees, suburban houses? Pakistan's got 'spailing to do.

squash courts?  Not sure i've ever heard of that.

ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:36 am »
Ignore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_%28sport%29

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:10 am »
Ignore

Yeah, the haters are gonna keep on hating. He'll get some support from the wishy washies though. I'd be shocked if he breaks 60 in any poll. It would have shot any GOP president over the moon. There's obviously a double standard.

Conservatives are older and not as easily swayed.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:42 am »
Ignore

Yeah, me too.  The al Qaeda legacy of cowardice is now complete, from mass homicide missions against unarmed civilians to hiding behind a woman during a raid.  

Was she harmed?  President Obama said no Americans or civilians were harmed, so I assume she wasn't, but there are undoubtedly others who know more than I do.

She was killed--total casualties reported as, I believe, three men, two of them Osama and his son, and one woman.  I don't know any details about the woman, though the fact that she was in the compound probably prompts U.S. officials to count her as a bin Laden sympathizer.  When the president said no civilian casualties, I assume he meant that, despite the fact that the bin Laden compound was in a civilian neighborhood, no one else in the neighborhood outside the compound died or was hurt.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:07:41 am by anvikshiki »Logged

ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:33 am »
Ignore

Also I haven't read most of this thread, so I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but all the jingoistic, revenge-fueled celebration is really gross and speaks pretty badly of Americans.

The Professor

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2011, 12:05:56 am »
Ignore

This was the last thing Osama saw

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:01 am »
Ignore

Also I haven't read most of this thread, so I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but all the jingoistic, revenge-fueled celebration is really gross and speaks pretty badly of Americans.

Save it for the hangover.  We're drunk on nationalism tonight, Lief.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -8.52

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:08 am »
Ignore

^^^^
I was floored when Inks said a "20-30 point jump for Obama"... 2-3 points is more likely than that!  
I'm sure Rush and all the retards on the radio will try to spin this against Obama any way they possibly can.

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."
-Paul Wellstone

Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:21 am »
Ignore

She was killed--total casualties reported as, I believe, three men, two of them Obama and his son, and one woman.  I don't know any details about the woman, though the fact that she was in the compound probably prompts U.S. officials to count her as a bin Laden sympathizer.  When the president said no civilian casualties, I assume he meant that, despite the fact that the bin Laden compound was in a civilian neighborhood, no one else in the neighborhood outside the compound died or was hurt.

That's so sad.  It kind of puts a damper on this 'celebration' for lack of a better term.  At least there weren't anybody else harmed or killed outside of those three people.  I pray for her family.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2011, 12:07:45 am »
Ignore

^^^^
I was floored when Inks said a "20-30 point jump for Obama"... 2-3 points is more likely than that! 
I'm sure Rush and all the retards on the radio will try to spin this against Obama any way they possibly can.

We'll find out probably around mid to late week once the news sinks in and makes its way to the poll numbers.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2011, 12:08:58 am »
Ignore

YESSS !!!
Swedish Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2011, 12:17:52 am »
Ignore

Oh stop being a downer Lief. Humans are a revengeful breed. It's human nature. Your country's military just killed one of the most corrupted and horrible men in the world. People have a right to celebrate it.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2011, 12:24:04 am »
Ignore

Obama gets some plus points of course for making bagging the badass a top priority, at the highest level, and then getting lucky. So any bumps he gets in the polls is deserved. JMO.

TexasGurl
texasgurl24
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: -9.57, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2011, 12:26:34 am »
Ignore

Just got off the phone with my uncle that was wounded on 9/11, I hope this helps him sleep.

ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2011, 12:27:11 am »
Ignore

Oh stop being a downer Lief. Humans are a revengeful breed. It's human nature. Your country's military just killed one of the most corrupted and horrible men in the world. People have a right to celebrate it.

They have a right to celebrate it, but it doesn't make it any less disgusting or disappointing. Death shouldn't be celebrated.

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2011, 12:31:21 am »
Ignore

This was the last thing Osama saw

Awesome! I'm looking forward to that motion picture.

Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2011, 12:33:34 am »
Ignore

Just got back from the White House... I have some pretty amazing photos and videos I'll post tomorrow.

Crowd is almost entirely GW students with a few Georgetown kids arriving now. Hardly anyone over the age of 22 or so.
Foucaulf
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:31 am »
Ignore

I am reminded of:

Of course the Argies didn't kill thousands of Britons, but Bin Laden was only a part of the anti-American movement. Hopefully this closes the book on a sombre chapter of American history.

<Xahar> how much do you want to bet that this "gangsta" roommate was listening to Drake
<Xahar> and that's what set Scott off
Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 02, 2011, 12:37:00 am »
Ignore

He's going to break 60%, you silly pessimistic liberals. I don't know if it will last but he will.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout