Osama bin Laden dead (Official)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:07:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Osama bin Laden dead (Official)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden dead (Official)  (Read 39957 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:07 PM »

State Dept warns of potential backlash violence against Americans abroad.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_worldwide.html
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »

Alright - I gotta get back to studying for my exams tomorrow.  Enjoy the celebrations!  We finally got him!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:32 PM »

Yeah, me too.  The al Qaeda legacy of cowardice is now complete, from mass homicide missions against unarmed civilians to hiding behind a woman during a raid.  

Was she harmed?  President Obama said no Americans or civilians were harmed, so I assume she wasn't, but there are undoubtedly others who know more than I do.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2011, 11:59:27 PM »

Alright - I gotta get back to studying for my exams tomorrow.  Enjoy the celebrations!  We finally got him!

Good night/good morning, buddy!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2011, 12:00:48 AM »

Check out the place he was hiding: http://tinyurl.com/abottabad

Golf courses, squash courts, a hockey stadium, green trees, suburban houses? Pakistan's got 'spailing to do.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2011, 12:01:22 AM »

Yeah, the haters are gonna keep on hating. He'll get some support from the wishy washies though. I'd be shocked if he breaks 60 in any poll. It would have shot any GOP president over the moon. There's obviously a double standard.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:11 AM »

Check out the place he was hiding: http://tinyurl.com/abottabad

Golf courses, squash courts, a hockey stadium, green trees, suburban houses? Pakistan's got 'spailing to do.

squash courts?  Not sure i've ever heard of that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_%28sport%29
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:10 AM »

Yeah, the haters are gonna keep on hating. He'll get some support from the wishy washies though. I'd be shocked if he breaks 60 in any poll. It would have shot any GOP president over the moon. There's obviously a double standard.

Conservatives are older and not as easily swayed.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2011, 12:07:41 AM by anvikshiki »

Yeah, me too.  The al Qaeda legacy of cowardice is now complete, from mass homicide missions against unarmed civilians to hiding behind a woman during a raid.  

Was she harmed?  President Obama said no Americans or civilians were harmed, so I assume she wasn't, but there are undoubtedly others who know more than I do.

She was killed--total casualties reported as, I believe, three men, two of them Osama and his son, and one woman.  I don't know any details about the woman, though the fact that she was in the compound probably prompts U.S. officials to count her as a bin Laden sympathizer.  When the president said no civilian casualties, I assume he meant that, despite the fact that the bin Laden compound was in a civilian neighborhood, no one else in the neighborhood outside the compound died or was hurt.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:33 AM »

Also I haven't read most of this thread, so I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but all the jingoistic, revenge-fueled celebration is really gross and speaks pretty badly of Americans.
The Professor
Rookie

« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »

This was the last thing Osama saw

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »

Also I haven't read most of this thread, so I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but all the jingoistic, revenge-fueled celebration is really gross and speaks pretty badly of Americans.

Save it for the hangover.  We're drunk on nationalism tonight, Lief.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:08 AM »

^^^^
I was floored when Inks said a "20-30 point jump for Obama"... 2-3 points is more likely than that!  
I'm sure Rush and all the retards on the radio will try to spin this against Obama any way they possibly can.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:21 AM »

She was killed--total casualties reported as, I believe, three men, two of them Obama and his son, and one woman.  I don't know any details about the woman, though the fact that she was in the compound probably prompts U.S. officials to count her as a bin Laden sympathizer.  When the president said no civilian casualties, I assume he meant that, despite the fact that the bin Laden compound was in a civilian neighborhood, no one else in the neighborhood outside the compound died or was hurt.

That's so sad.  It kind of puts a damper on this 'celebration' for lack of a better term.  At least there weren't anybody else harmed or killed outside of those three people.  I pray for her family.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2011, 12:07:45 AM »

^^^^
I was floored when Inks said a "20-30 point jump for Obama"... 2-3 points is more likely than that! 
I'm sure Rush and all the retards on the radio will try to spin this against Obama any way they possibly can.

We'll find out probably around mid to late week once the news sinks in and makes its way to the poll numbers.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2011, 12:08:58 AM »

YESSS !!!
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2011, 12:17:52 AM »

Oh stop being a downer Lief. Humans are a revengeful breed. It's human nature. Your country's military just killed one of the most corrupted and horrible men in the world. People have a right to celebrate it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2011, 12:24:04 AM »

Obama gets some plus points of course for making bagging the badass a top priority, at the highest level, and then getting lucky. So any bumps he gets in the polls is deserved. JMO.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

Just got off the phone with my uncle that was wounded on 9/11, I hope this helps him sleep.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2011, 12:27:11 AM »

Oh stop being a downer Lief. Humans are a revengeful breed. It's human nature. Your country's military just killed one of the most corrupted and horrible men in the world. People have a right to celebrate it.

They have a right to celebrate it, but it doesn't make it any less disgusting or disappointing. Death shouldn't be celebrated.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2011, 12:31:21 AM »

Awesome! I'm looking forward to that motion picture.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2011, 12:33:34 AM »

Just got back from the White House... I have some pretty amazing photos and videos I'll post tomorrow.

Crowd is almost entirely GW students with a few Georgetown kids arriving now. Hardly anyone over the age of 22 or so.
Foucaulf
« Reply #248 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:31 AM »

I am reminded of:

Of course the Argies didn't kill thousands of Britons, but Bin Laden was only a part of the anti-American movement. Hopefully this closes the book on a sombre chapter of American history.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #249 on: May 02, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »

He's going to break 60%, you silly pessimistic liberals. I don't know if it will last but he will.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies