Should circumcision be banned?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:30:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should circumcision be banned?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Should circumcision be banned?  (Read 11995 times)
milhouse24
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »

I think it should be done on adults and not babies. 
I think it can also reduce promiscuity because your unit is physically damaged and not as effective.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »

I think it should be done on adults and not babies. 
I think it can also reduce promiscuity because your unit is physically damaged and not as effective.

Whataya mean, not effective? Angry
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2011, 08:00:06 PM »

I don't think it's possible to have sex for a while (months?) after being circumcised. Or rather, it's difficult. But it's still "effective" after healing, even though the sensation is different and less pleasurable.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »

Well, as a gay man, I don't think it should be banned because I'm just shallow and prefer my guys to be cut. They look nicer and all the uncut guys who I've been with have stunk down there. Personally, it's just a turnoff when I see or know a guy is uncut, but I'm glad my mother chose to have me circumcised to where I wouldn't have to go through it at an older age.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2011, 09:01:23 PM »

You just hook up with guys who don't wash themselves...
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:54 AM »

Circumcision of infants is a vile practice that shouldn't be permitted, much like you shouldn't tattoo an infant.  I am daily reminded of this symbol of a covenant of Abraham that I reject and want no part of literally cut out of my flesh.  If circumcision is to be practised, let it be done among understanding adults like Abraham and Ishmael, not infants.

Yes, it should be banned. It is cruel to treat a newborn this way. If someone wants to do it anyway, let them take their baby to another country. It does not violate a person's religious belief as long as they can take their baby somewhere else.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2011, 03:18:05 AM »

Circumcision of infants is a vile practice that shouldn't be permitted, much like you shouldn't tattoo an infant.  I am daily reminded of this symbol of a covenant of Abraham that I reject and want no part of literally cut out of my flesh.  If circumcision is to be practised, let it be done among understanding adults like Abraham and Ishmael, not infants.

Yes, it should be banned. It is cruel to treat a newborn this way. If someone wants to do it anyway, let them take their baby to another country. It does not violate a person's religious belief as long as they can take their baby somewhere else.

Please don't agree with me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2011, 03:53:02 AM »

Please don't agree with me.

I think that was the oddest post so far. Moral outsourcing is a very strange concept.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2011, 05:23:24 PM »

In response to what is currently happening in San Francisco, I am asking this question. I'd say No because it is a legitimate and beneficial medical procedure which helps eliminate penile cancer and reduce the risk of an STD infection. Plus, banning it would be against freedom of religion, and circumcision isn't very harmful to your body.

Circumcision is a barbaric backwards superstitious ritual.  I don't understand the American obsession with that practice.  Other modern civilized democracies to not practice this ritual and they have lower rates of STDs then we do (This is a FACT).

Who gets penile cancer anyway?  Does anyone actually know anyone that has gotten penile cancer?  Do you have any idea how much it costs to do a circumcision the right way with anesthesia?  Thousands of dollars.  It has been estimated that penile cancer occurs at a rate of 800 new cases a year in the United States.  It has also been estimated that 40% of these cases can be attributed to HPV infection.  There is a safe and effective HPV vaccine available.  The HPV vaccine also prevents genital warts and is effective at reducing the rate of vaginal and cervical cancer.

So we have a safe effective NONINVASIVE means of reducing penile cancer, vaginal cancer, cervical cancer, and HPV infections.  Yet people still insist on exposing their babies' developing brains to general anesthesia and mutilating their genitals.  All to prevent what 800 cases a year of penile cancer?  320 of which can be prevented with a vaccine.  Anyone that thinks this whole circumcision thing is not just a primitive throwback ritual is really kidding themselves.

Here in Texas Governer Rick Perry signed an executive order making vaccinating all young lady's with the HPV vaccine mandatory
.  Of course the Republican religious zealots blocked the measure because "It would encourage young girls to have sex."  Of course chopping off little boys' penises is ok.  Welcome to the USA.

Anyway when you're considering cutting Medicare benefits for seniors on a fixed income should you really be spending thousands of dollars a pop penis sculpting 150 million people?  Think about it.
JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »

People can stop eating meat, but they can't stop being circumcised.

Tell that to the Jews. And Muslims I believe.

I support Circumcision. Religion is protected by the Constitution. This is a religious practice.

San Francisco has proven again why it's a liberal sh**thole!
JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2011, 09:53:59 PM »

SanFran has a comic called Foreskin man. Disgusting as hell.

"Evil rabbi gonna kill ur son's dick!!!!!111"

This is a violation against my religious rights. If SF bans Circumcision, than imo our Consitution becomes null.

JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2011, 09:56:27 PM »

http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/06/03/proof-that-s-f-s-circumcision-ban-is-anti-semitic/

Thats the link to the comic. Disgusting....

courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »

I wonder, how many people who think circumcision should be banned on the grounds that it's irreversible would be ok if the child got aborted?

Um, there's plenty of people in the thread against both practices.
Liberté
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2011, 10:17:33 PM »

That's actually extremely funny.

That said, circumcision shouldn't be banned. I still find it grotesque and abusive, however.
JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »

That said, circumcision shouldn't be banned. I still find it grotesque and abusive, however.

I don't feel abused Tongue
Liberté
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2011, 10:23:47 PM »

I don't feel abused Tongue

I do. If I had been sensate while an infant, I would have demanded the nurse drop the cheese grater and let me remain a whole man.
Jackson
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2011, 02:19:57 AM »

This thread largely consists of penis envy.
Also, to invoke Godwin's Law, NAZIS BANNED CIRCUMCISION, etc., etc.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »

Well, it is a little hard on the (what's the name of your guy who cuts off the parts of the penis?).. but that doesn't help us decide whether this practice is child abuse.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2011, 05:11:20 PM »

No.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2011, 06:28:10 AM »

People can stop eating meat, but they can't stop being circumcised.

Tell that to the Jews. And Muslims I believe.

I support Circumcision. Religion is protected by the Constitution. This is a religious practice.

San Francisco has proven again why it's a liberal sh**thole!

I don't care if your religion is Judaism, Islam, or Voodoo.  The Constitution does not protect EVERY religious act.

So you're a big supporter of female circumcision?

Anyway despite my tone I respect you.  I can discuss making allowances for Jews or Muslims.  I'm glad you told me it was a religious belief instead of insulting my intelligence with psuedo science.  That I can respect.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »

First Amendment does not allow every religious act.  I can't commit a ritualistic bull sacrifice in my hypothetical back yard.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 10:56:56 PM »

No (normal).
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »

First Amendment does not allow every religious act.  I can't commit a ritualistic bull sacrifice in my hypothetical back yard.

You can, however, commit ritualistic bull sacrifice elsewhere.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2011, 09:23:16 PM »

You can't commit ritualistic bull sacrifice if it violates animal abuse laws, so...doesn't that kind of defeat your point?  Assuming you had one?  Tongue

Gustaf: I still owe you a reply here, which I'll get to once I figure out how to print things on stickers.  So, probably like a week.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2011, 02:45:08 AM »

You can't commit ritualistic bull sacrifice if it violates animal abuse laws, so...doesn't that kind of defeat your point?  Assuming you had one?  Tongue

Gustaf: I still owe you a reply here, which I'll get to once I figure out how to print things on stickers.  So, probably like a week.

Ok, but just so you know, a regular post here in the thread is fine by me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies