Do you think there are more left-wing or right-wing truthers in the U.S.? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:05:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you think there are more left-wing or right-wing truthers in the U.S.? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think there are more left-wing truthers or right-wing ones in the U.S.?
Right-wing

Left-wing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Do you think there are more left-wing or right-wing truthers in the U.S.?  (Read 8241 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 10, 2011, 05:53:38 PM »

Right-wing, at least in the context of American politics, might be anti-government, but I see anarchists as more left-wing.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »

Right-wing, at least in the context of American politics, might be anti-government, but I see anarchists as more left-wing.
The left wing is more authoritarian than the right, at least in a historical sense; thus, the right wing is close to anarchism. The Founding Fathers were probably considered close to anarchists in their day because their ideal government was only one step ahead of anarchy (i.e. as little government as humanly possible).
I'd actually expect someone to say that historically, the Left was more Libertarian than the Right.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »

Depends.  Is your definition of "Truther" related only to 9/11 conspiracy?

When Bush was president I'm sure more left-wingers subscribed to that thinking than right.  Just like right wingers now subscribe as "birthers".  The fringe element seems to depend on who's president.  If it smears the right, then left will be the majority.  If it smears left, then right will be the majority.  So goes partisan bickering..

this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies