Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 08:41:53 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: PASOK Leader Hashemite)
| | |-+  Wales 2011 - Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Wales 2011 - Results Thread  (Read 4314 times)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:25:21 pm »
Ignore

To be unlocked at 10pm.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:08:54 pm »
Ignore

Polls have closed

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 05:32:56 pm »
Ignore

And all the parties are doing what they always do; expectation management.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 05:56:36 pm »
Ignore

Word is that Ron Davies's latest attempt at a comeback has ended in defeat; again, these are only rumours.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 05:57:12 pm »
Ignore

Further rumours; Cardiff North and Cardiff Central are tight, Vale of Glamorgan apparently looks like a Labour hold.

Rumours.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 06:04:31 pm »
Ignore

Aberconwy? That would be nice. But only rumour.

You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 06:35:23 pm »
Ignore

BBC reporting that Carwyn doesn't expect to hit 31...

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 06:43:07 pm »
Ignore

Reports of horror stories for the LibDems in quite a few places where they've polled well in the past; but not Ceredigion where they sound oddly bullish.

BBC reporting that Carwyn doesn't expect to hit 31...

Right now no one really knows about that; most of what's been parroted on the BBC are the talking points rattled off by party spokesmen when the polls closed.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 06:58:16 pm »
Ignore

Ron Davies now calling for an inquiry into the Plaid campaign.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 07:21:10 pm »
Ignore

Cardiff Central is reported as being close (this would be a massive swing on 2007 no matter what, btw). And if the rumours... let's remind ourselves of that word... are right, then Montgomery has gone.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 07:40:17 pm »
Ignore

God, I'm sick of mere rumours. Can we have some proper results now?

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 07:54:22 pm »
Ignore

Rhodri remains the king of style...

...well maybe not.

Blaenau Gwent declaration is apparently fairly soon. Bloody referendum though; mucked everything up.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 08:11:01 pm »
Ignore

Labour gain Blaenau Gwent. Now there's a shock.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 08:24:51 pm »
Ignore

Labour gain Blaenau Gwent. Now there's a shock.

Labour 64.0, Ind 18.9, Plaid 5.4, Con 5.3, BNP 4.7, LDem 1.8

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 08:35:54 pm »
Ignore

Apparently Plaid have requested a recount in Llanelli

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 08:36:58 pm »
Ignore

Oh, and a massive 'boooo' to the BBC. The coverage has (yet again!) been shocking. Sort it out.

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 08:39:08 pm »
Ignore

Oh, and a massive 'boooo' to the BBC. The coverage has (yet again!) been shocking. Sort it out.

But they keep saying "Llanelli"! Grin Grin Grin

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »
Ignore

The linguist's favourite constituency? Ah, but once there was also Abertillery and Bedwellty.

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 08:53:44 pm »
Ignore

The linguist's favourite constituency? Ah, but once there was also Abertillery and Bedwellty.

Nah.  The more "ll", the better, so the two "ll" is excellent.  Also, "rh".  Is there any constituency with "ll" and "rh"?

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 08:55:55 pm »
Ignore

Labour hold Islwyn. Plaid hold Ceredigion. Well. So sayeth twitter.

Nah.  The more "ll", the better, so the two "ll" is excellent.  Also, "rh".  Is there any constituency with "ll" and "rh"?

No; there's the Rhondda though. Though locals don't usually pronounce the 'rh'.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »
Ignore

Islwyn up on the BBC website; Labour vote up 20pts. Of course there was a strong Independent there in 2007.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 09:14:21 pm »
Ignore

Labour gain Llanelli.

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 09:15:00 pm »
Ignore

Labour gain Llanelli.

Oooh, they were speaking Welsh! <3

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 09:16:56 pm »
Ignore

Labour hold Merthyr. LibDems back down to third; an independent came second.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 09:29:00 pm »
Ignore

Labour hold Cynon Valley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout