Fox is forcing Huck's hand
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:50:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Fox is forcing Huck's hand
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will he run?
Yes

No

God I hope not

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Fox is forcing Huck's hand  (Read 2185 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »

I think that Mike Huckabee wants to be president, but doesn't want to run for president.

I'm actually not sure that he really wants to be president.  Throughout the 2008 campaign, it seemed to me less like he wanted to be president, and more like he just wanted the other candidates and the media to take him seriously, and not treat him like a hick.  He wants to be respected, and he wants his voters to be respected, more than he actually wants to be president, IMHO.

The 2008 GOP presidential nomination race was actually kind of weird, as it seemed like only McCain and Romney really wanted the presidency, while the others were just running to prove a point or something.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »

Last time he didn't know how to exit. This time, he doesn't know how to enter. Somebody please buy this man a clue.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »

I think that Mike Huckabee wants to be president, but doesn't want to run for president.

I'm actually not sure that he really wants to be president.  Throughout the 2008 campaign, it seemed to me less like he wanted to be president, and more like he just wanted the other candidates and the media to take him seriously, and not treat him like a hick.  He wants to be respected, and he wants his voters to be respected, more than he actually wants to be president, IMHO.

The 2008 GOP presidential nomination race was actually kind of weird, as it seemed like only McCain and Romney really wanted the presidency, while the others were just running to prove a point or something.

There is probably some truth to that, but there is also another angle on Huckabee in that he may want to run to keep others from becoming president. He really doesn't like Romney (and probably Huntsman) due to the whole Morman thing. I doubt he likes Gingrich. If he doesn't see anyone who is a "real Christian" running with the "right values" I think he will jump in.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »

I don't think so. If he wanted to run, he would at least reserve campaign staff and start up an exploratory committee ahead of time. His edge erodes every day he holds off. I think he is quite satisfied getting fat from his cushy job with FOX.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 12:08:47 AM »

Option 4 - Only Republican I would get within a hundred miles of supporting.

You seem like a Ron Paul sort of guy to me.

Then with all due respect, you don't know much about his views....particularly regarding morality Smiley

Do I need to post the sarchasm pic again?

FWIW, I have a love-hate relationship with Ron Paul. His views are not my cup of tea, to say the least, and his followers tend to be rather annoying and/or conspiracy nuts, but I appreciate his steadfast idealism and his challenging of the intellectual incoherence of the current coalition ideologies. If giving him the nomination could somehow force libertarian-communitarian realignment, I'd be all for it. I don't think it would though.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies