Let's Name Names (Democrats) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:31:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Let's Name Names (Democrats) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Let's Name Names (Democrats)  (Read 9028 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: December 07, 2004, 02:04:34 PM »

None of the moderates have a chance.

Why? and can I have better argument than "the democratic party is dominated by liberals who don't care about winning"...

Warner would have a very good chance at the nomination but I think he's more interested in running for the senate.

Bayh has an excellent chance as does Vilsack, if he had another name I say that Vilsack had nearly as a good a shot as Evan Bayh but his name (stupid though it should seem) will scupper his hopes IMHO. 
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 03:38:08 AM »

Mark Warner

Evan Bayh

Russ Feingold

Ed Rendell

Hillary Clinton

Howard Dean

Mary Landrieu

Bill Nelson

...all these will be mentioned but i expect the field to be surprisingly small in terms of actual candidates, i doubt Nelson, Warner or Landrieu will run and i think if she does run Clinton will do badly and Evan Bayh will win, that’s not to dismiss her completely but that what i would anticipate happening. 
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 01:53:52 PM »

Your best chance:

Evan Bayh
Evan Bayh
Evan Bayh

Thats what i've been saying!

As well as most of the Dems on the board but tell that to the folks in NH and IA Smiley
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 10:07:17 AM »

Dick Gephardt
John Edwards
Mary Landrieu
Jennifer Granholm (if only the arnold amendment passed...)
and, yeah, I'll go with Feingold

I also like Chris Bell from Texas, and I really do think he could take the state.  (I know, it's such a drastic statement, but I'll stick with it.)  I also like Steny Hoyer, the house minority whip from MD.  And Louisiana's own Chris John.  Anybody but Bayh!!!!!!  PLEASE!!!

Oh and I like the Dean for DNC chair signature!  Wink

Gephardt is gone.

John Edwards will be doing squat for four years and would have found it difficult in 2004 and would find it impossible after four years of doing nothing.

Mary Landrieu, maybe but I don't think she wants it and some would argue she was lacking gravitas, Blanche Lincoln would be a better choice, if you where looking ofr a southern female candidate.

Feingold is a guy I respect a great deal, but he is very liberal and would get battered by any credible GOP nominee, that said he wouldn't be as bad as Dean as he is far more disciplined.

Bayh however is by far the best choice, his positions, his geographical location and his experience all fit perfectly... my only worry is he is slightly wooden but then again Kerry was far more staid and Bayh is far more folksy something Kerry could never be, added to which Bayh doesn't do things to look stupid like windsurfing or cycling in likera... he is the Dems best bet by far, he’s the only Democrat who would be the candidate the republican nominee would have to beat rather than vice versa… no other democrat can offer that.         
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies