Southern State Legislative Chambers Up in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:34:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Southern State Legislative Chambers Up in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following chambers do you predict will either turn Republican, or become more heavily Republican by January 2013?
AR: House

AR: Senate

FL: House

FL: Senate

GA: House

GA: Senate

KY: House

KY: Senate

NC: House

NC: Senate

TN: House

TN: Senate

TX: House

TX: Senate

WV: House

WV: Senate

SC: House

SC: Senate

OK: House

OK: Senate

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Southern State Legislative Chambers Up in 2012  (Read 28642 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: May 11, 2011, 11:37:28 PM »
« edited: May 11, 2011, 11:39:16 PM by Snowguy716 »

It's "inner city" if you could be genuinely worried about being shot, or if you have reason to be fearful because you're a white person.  Retarded hipsterville has never been "inner city" by anyone's definition except maybe some retarded hipsters who want to show "solidarity" with the poor that they studiously avoid, or perhaps merely want to "live ironically."
To be fair, BRTD does live in the "inner city" by geographical designation.  Just because it's not majority black or crime ridden does not mean it's not inner city.  It's in the core urban area of a major metropolitan area and votes overwhelmingly Democratic in elections.  The only difference between what Krazen said and reality is that where BRTD lives is, not, in fact, a dump.  While it's not gentrified or upscale and even looks a bit grungy... it is pretty white by inner city standards (as is Minneapolis and St. Paul as a whole)... though if I remember correctly, his neighborhood is overwhelmingly made up of youngs despite not being near the university.  But that's because of the cheap rent.. not due to being "hipster"
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:55:41 PM »

The definition of inner-city is "the older, generally poorer, more densely populated areas of a city."

In this definition, at least to me, age of establishment and population density are the two defining factors while being poor minority-majority ghettoes are simply stereotypes that vary from city to city...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies