2006 Senate Seats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:39:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2006 Senate Seats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2006 Senate Seats  (Read 31543 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

« on: December 06, 2004, 11:23:27 AM »

Lott would kill Moore.

Warner has no hope, he's not even in the picture for that seat.

TN is not a tossup, either. That's lean GOP unless something weird happens.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 12:44:48 AM »

Everything you said applied this election, and they still won easily. And there is no equivalent of John Thune in ND. There is no reason for the Republicans to target Conrad, and he will win easily.

Of course, you also thought Bush had a great shot at winning Vermont. We all know how accurate that was.

I recall some of your predictions didn't turn out so well either...

On Conrad... he's unlikely to lose or face a particularly close race, but he's not necessarily invincible. The fact it's a midterm only makes it less likely.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 12:56:52 AM »

Failing on some close races is not equivalent to blowing a state by 20 points.

I guess it depends on your definition of 'close.' Coburn's margin wound up being pretty large.

Also note that, as you have continually ignored, early projections that Vermont could be close were based on a much bigger Bush win- before he blew the first debate and made it a semi-race. Turns out he would have lost there no matter what, but it needn't have been by 20.

In any case, I made well over a grand on the election, so I could only have been so wrong, no?

I did correctly call that Bush would impove in MA from 2000. Some New Englanders just didn't cooperate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies