2006 Senate Seats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:17:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2006 Senate Seats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2006 Senate Seats  (Read 31481 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: December 06, 2004, 02:56:26 AM »

I counted the Independent as a Democrat, since he votes with them.

Blue = GOP, Red = Democrat
Green = no election

Mississippi, Tennessee and Virginia are not automatically GOP holds IMHO, VA only becomes a toss-up if Warner runs ditto with Mississippi if Mike Moore runs, Tennessee however is a toss-up what ever happens. 

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 04:55:52 AM »

Ben, Trent Lott will be re-elected easily. If anything the racist remarks have increased his popularity. I mean, this is Mississippi we are talking about.

If he runs and faces a paper candidate maybe, if he retires and Moore runs then it will be close if he does run again and Moore runs i think he'd only have a slight advantage... without Moore the GOP will win easily of course. 
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 03:25:39 AM »

Democrat wishful thinking about TN and MS will only turn into more than that if Trent Lott retires and if Bill Frist actually does leave.  Even if they do, the states both will still lean Republican, MS more than TN.

Frist is going and Lott is likley to go either way both races will be competative, MS only if Mike Moore runs however.     
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 04:39:45 PM »

In addition to that, it's possible that Bunning is "retired" soon. If that happens the race would depend on candidates (although I'd hope Fletcher would appoint himself... if only to see him get slaughtered)

Aparently Bunning has already filled in paperwork to run in 2010! He'll be gone by then i would imagine, Kentuckys loss i guess Smiley 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies