StatesRights
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:22:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  StatesRights
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: StatesRights  (Read 3334 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 08:03:17 AM »

Me too.......states was, I think, a bit fed up with being moderated frequently.....like Mrs. States said, I doubt he'll be back.  I see his posts on FB though.....so he's only gone from here.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »

States was basiclly Libertas but Grandfathered in.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »

I think Phil is probably gone for good.

That would be a great riddance indeed, sir.

Speak for yourself, Kal!! I still consider him a friend, even though he thinks of me as a fake poster.
when you say a friend, i keep thinking that you say that to everyone.

I do use that term liberally, and unashamedly so.

Isn't using that word punishable with death in Oklahoma?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 11:45:54 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2011, 11:51:56 AM by Jake the Snake Roberts »

I wouldn't exactly say so.
You see while they did agree on say the South "not being so bad" (which is kind of true but not really true if you catch my drift.  I will agree with what others have said here that a lot of the soldiers that fought for the Confederacy were poor white farmers who were fighting Union troops to a perceived notion of their territory being invaded, then again one could say the same about German army officers who fought "for Germany" and not for the Nazi program of extermination so what have you.  Doesn't change the fact that they fought on the same side as a government that supported not so good ideals) but Libertas was a libertarian and States seemed to be the standard fare right wing okay with bombing brown people conservative.  While Libertas was anti-Israel to the point of making most of us wonder if he holds anti-semitic views States bought the overused line of "if we don't help them they will all die!" hard line used by fans of interventionism.  Also, States was somewhat suspicious of countries like Iran and liked to question those who criticized the Bush foreign policy.  Actually now that I think about it the only thing they seemed to agree on was that Lincoln was the an out and out fascist who hated freedom.
So yeah, he's not really that close to Libertas.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 12:02:29 PM »

Unless he blows me off, and I don't have any reason to believe he will, we're gonna down a few when I go to St. Petersburg in September.  Looking forward to it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »

Unless he blows me off, and I don't have any reason to believe he will, we're gonna down a few when I go to St. Petersburg in September.  Looking forward to it.

You both better invite me, if I go.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2011, 01:32:03 PM by Gramps »

Unless he blows me off, and I don't have any reason to believe he will, we're gonna down a few when I go to St. Petersburg in September.  Looking forward to it.

You both better invite me, if I go.

You're in as far as I'm concerned.  You're the cheapest friggin' date imaginable Tongue 
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.17

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 06:01:55 PM »

If I recall, I'm supposed to cook dinner one night<G>  I'm thinking either ribs or lasagna....your choice<G>
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 07:01:03 PM »

That's ridiculous and untrue.

I for one hope he does return.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 07:46:00 AM »

Unless he blows me off, and I don't have any reason to believe he will, we're gonna down a few when I go to St. Petersburg in September.  Looking forward to it.

If I recall, I'm supposed to cook dinner one night<G>  I'm thinking either ribs or lasagna....your choice<G>

Oh Mrs. States......that was my dream early on after reading about what you cook, but given the uber-crappy schedule they have me on, I fear we'll have to do something out near the venue.  I'll get a hold of Jeff long before.....just don't tell me about what you cooked that week Wink
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 09:25:39 AM »

If I recall, I'm supposed to cook dinner one night<G>  I'm thinking either ribs or lasagna....your choice<G>

Oh Mrs. States......that was my dream early on after reading about what you cook, but given the uber-crappy schedule they have me on, I fear we'll have to do something out near the venue.  I'll get a hold of Jeff long before.....just don't tell me about what you cooked that week Wink

Okay, I won't tell!  Just let us know when and where! 
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 03:56:30 AM »

He liked a very racist statusline of one of his FB friends... now I'm not so sure what to think of him Squinting
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 07:37:33 AM »

He liked a very racist statusline of one of his FB friends... now I'm not so sure what to think of him Squinting

This wasn't an opinion poll and I doubt he cares
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »

So, you mean to tell me you don't have any friends who say things that no one else could take offense to?  Or that you yourself have never said anything that would or could possibly offend anyone? Or is this one of those, it's alright for me and mine to do it, but not for anyone else to? I'm not trying to start a flame war,or call anyone out here, but seriously---can you honestly say that you've never agreed with a statement made by one of your friends that could offend another? ( And before the idea gets put out there--I'd have the same response if it were another poster that this was aimed at.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 09:32:30 AM »

Teddy is much better viewed on Ignore, Mrs. States........but I just had to hit the peek button to see what the genius had to say.  I wasn't disappointed  Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 10:23:36 AM »

Liking something that is "very racist" (I'll tenatively take Teddy's word for it here) and doing so for "anything that would or could possibly offend anyone" are two very different matters. Judging from SR's posting history, I stand unsurprised.

He's a Neo-Confederate with all the baggage that entails. Nuff said.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 10:59:25 AM »

So, you mean to tell me you don't have any friends who say things that no one else could take offense to?  Or that you yourself have never said anything that would or could possibly offend anyone? Or is this one of those, it's alright for me and mine to do it, but not for anyone else to? I'm not trying to start a flame war,or call anyone out here, but seriously---can you honestly say that you've never agreed with a statement made by one of your friends that could offend another? ( And before the idea gets put out there--I'd have the same response if it were another poster that this was aimed at.)

It also depends on what was sad that he liked. There are different levels of offense. It depends on how racist it really was. If it was merely, "red heads suck'" then it would be different from lets say, "all mexicans need to be shot". I am not saying he would say something like that. I am merely trying to give you an extreme example so you can see the difference.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »

It also depends on what was sad that he liked. There are different levels of offense. It depends on how racist it really was. If it was merely, "red heads suck'" then it would be different from lets say, "all mexicans need to be shot". I am not saying he would say something like that. I am merely trying to give you an extreme example so you can see the difference.

All true, Any. And I readily admit I'm taking Teddy's desciption of the liked statusline as "very rasict" at face value rather than first hand knowledge, and ergo could be entirely wrong in this instance.

However, I've read enough of SR's posts to readily believe it. So even disregarding this one case entirely, I stand by my summary above.

Though in fairness (and having eaten lunch since my previous post), I can see how he has a likable side. Funny too. Even with deep political differences I recall he tried educating co-workers during the 08 election that Obama was in fact born in America, all despite a deep opposition to Obama. That's stands out as both sane and honorable.

<Sigh> I guess that's the sad thing about these forum polls. By the nature of this being a political junkie site we tend to overlook people's true traits as opposed to their politics. That said I don't consider bigotry to be a "political issue", though even there I don't think SR belongs at all in the same category as folks like Stark and Libertas.

Important lesson to remember.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »

All true, Any. And I readily admit I'm taking Teddy's desciption of the liked statusline as "very rasict" at face value rather than first hand knowledge, and ergo could be entirely wrong in this instance.

However, I've read enough of SR's posts to readily believe it. So even disregarding this one case entirely, I stand by my summary above.

Though in fairness (and having eaten lunch since my previous post), I can see how he has a likable side. Funny too. Even with deep political differences I recall he tried educating co-workers during the 08 election that Obama was in fact born in America, all despite a deep opposition to Obama. That's stands out as both sane and honorable.

<Sigh> I guess that's the sad thing about these forum polls. By the nature of this being a political junkie site we tend to overlook people's true traits as opposed to their politics. That said I don't consider bigotry to be a "political issue", though even there I don't think SR belongs at all in the same category as folks like Stark and Libertas.

Important lesson to remember.
by no means does he belong with stark and libertas. I am merely saying that we don't know what was said so teddy cant use something so subjective as a way to like him or not because a) it was not on the forum and b) it is merely based on how sensitive you are. It should be more factual considering it all. However, everyone says something jerky at one point or another. So to bring something on facebook on atlas and make it your case is not a good way to make a judgement. But that is merely how I see it. He isn't even here to defend himself so it is also rather rude to discuss this any further. So i will leave it at that. But if you do judge someone keep it based on the site that you are discussing it on. But that also leads to why is teddy facebook friends with him if it bothers him so much? But I am done now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »

No offense Teddy, but you've said and posted some pretty odd stuff on your Facebook too.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies