Did Obama deliberately time his birth certificate release with killing Osama?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:07:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Did Obama deliberately time his birth certificate release with killing Osama?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did Obama deliberately time his birth certificate release with killing Osama?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Did Obama deliberately time his birth certificate release with killing Osama?  (Read 891 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:04:44 AM »

He released it the day before he signed the executive order authorizing the raid. He first made the Birthers look like (even more of) idiots, and then became a hero.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:14:31 AM »

That's an interesting hypothesis. Yes, it seems possible that he released his birth certificate just shortly before Osama bin Laden was killed in order to highlight that he's a real American and a tough leader.
On the other hand, there was no guarantee that the secret mission to execute Osama would turn out successfully. If the mission had failed, releasing his birth certificate wouldn't have had any positive impact at all.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:36:56 AM »

No.  I think we had an opportunity to take action in Pakistan, so he took it.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 08:31:28 AM »

I seriously doubt it. A smart move if he did, but it's a little too neat.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »

Agreed.  Heck I think he should have waited til further along in the pub campaign and let more birthers stick their foot in their mouth more and more.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »

Agreed.  Heck I think he should have waited til further along in the pub campaign and let more birthers stick their foot in their mouth more and more.

No.  If it somehow would have gotten out that we had such a great chance to get Bin Laden and didn't, Obama would be in the tank.  I'm supportive of his decision to do what he did when he did it.  It resulted in success and showed he's willing and able to address such issues.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »

My thought was that he released it not because he wanted to time it for political gain but because he was fed up with the issue when he had more important things to deal with, so the speak.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 03:15:52 PM »

No.  But, if he did, we really should reelect him.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »

I think that Obama wanted to put off the birther issue for as long as possible, maybe even until the general election season, to make the other side look bad.  However, his plans were foiled by the Great Ratings Whore (aka Donald Trump) who, in a great hunger, needed to generate further ratings by bringing forth the birther issue.  With the GRW bringing the issue back to the limelight, by being an annoying attention whore with the issue (but then again if the GRW can do anything well it is whoring itself out to the media) that Obama was annoyed and bitched like a pimp by his hookers into releasing his birth certificate.
The fact that Waldo was found the very next day was a pure coincidence, since no matter what happened Obama would've come across as an "OMG AMERICAN HERO PRESIDENTS!!!!!" after announcing the death of Bin Lady's Man.
JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »

Usually I'd say anything could be true but in this case No.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »

That's an interesting hypothesis. Yes, it seems possible that he released his birth certificate just shortly before Osama bin Laden was killed in order to highlight that he's a real American and a tough leader.
On the other hand, there was no guarantee that the secret mission to execute Osama would turn out successfully. If the mission had failed, releasing his birth certificate wouldn't have had any positive impact at all.

If the mission had become another Operation Eagle Claw, there was a good chance that no matter what Obama did, he would have been guaranteed being a one term President.  The timing of the birth certificate release was certainly fortuitous, but since Donald Troupee was succeeding in dominating the news cycle with the birther nonsense, its release was certainly justifiable on those grounds as well.  Still, it does make a good conspiracy theory.  If you want to make it even better, have the Trumpster start becoming a birther mouthpiece precisely so Obama could release the birth certificate precisely when he did.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies