AP tests
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:54:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  AP tests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: AP tests  (Read 11133 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »

I took US History today. I think I did well with the first 50 questions of the 80, but about half of the last 30 I wasn't so sure about. On the essays, people claimed I was "going ham", but I didn't have the time or the hand strength to do so. I had to cut the last essay by like three or more paragraphs and summarize it into about a three sentence paragraph. If I were typing and had more time, I could'a done great.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2012, 05:32:22 PM »

So I just finished my AP US History test. It was actually quite easy, and I think I killed the DBQ.
I heard the question wasn't tood ifficult this year.

Cathcon - if it makes you feel better, in reference to essays, my DBQ was rushed and on my last essay, I didn't even have a closing paragraph and was mid-sentence when time was called. I still pulled out a 4, though it's disappointing, as I know that cost me a 5.

I have my AP Government and Politics test Tuesday. Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »

I had no idea what to write for #2, & in #3 my build-up to the answer was about 3/4 while my answer was less than a page.

BTW... We swore we'd keep las preguntas a secret, but do we have to?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »

@Tmthforu94, yeah, I finished with 5 minutes to spare and was the last one to finish.

Really, my biggest issue is my hand-writing. Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »

I took questions #3 and #5 for the short essays (I'm not saying here what they were out of paranoia, though Yel and Cath know, I assume). Both were easy.

But the multiple-choice was much easier than I thought. My AP History teacher is notorious for tough test questions which were probably harder than the AP exam (fun fact: he's also a lukewarm Ron Paul supporter, though quite pragmatic; he actually likes parts of the New Deal, for instance). Only problem is that we didn't learn much about women, and I was disappointed by the lack of battle-related questions.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »

I did questions 3 & 5 as well. Wink My best was probably the first one given my hand was in the best shape and I had the data right there to inspire me.

My teacher is a liberal who apparently had lived in suburbs near Bloomfield Hills and caddied for Governor Romney, lived on a farm, and also lived in the Deep South. His favorite presidents are the traditional objects of Southern Democrat love (Jefferson, Jackson, Polk even, FDR, and Truman) as well as Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2012, 06:47:46 PM »

Part of me really wishes I had time to properly spell out everything I wanted to say in #5. Instead, my hand kept cramping up and I had only gotten through my three page introduction when I was told I had ten minutes. Tongue My writing style dictates I provide a historical summary for the essay in question, and I'll usually insert the political history of what's going on as I move through the argument (which usually itself functions in chronological order). Instead, the sixties were summarized in half a sentence and I had almost no time to show what was happening in the world besides some of the various treaties we had and whatnot. It really was pathetic, looking back on it.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »

3 pages for a short essay? Tongue
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 06:57:40 PM »

Mine we're all that long...slightly shorter on the FRQs.

I did Q 2 and 5...though I was debating between 2 and 3 and decided I could just bring up more historical facts by doing question 2.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2012, 07:03:17 PM by Blackwater NiK »

You guys did #3? I couldn't be bothered to write anything on [insert subject here] ever again. I did #5 as well, which was ridiculously [insert difficulty level here].

The DBQ was not hard -- at all. Some of my best work, I think, given the time limit. I'm not that proud of my second essay, but it will probably suffice. I nailed the third one, though.

Yeah, I agree. I was expecting the multiple choice to be at least challenging. I walked out knowing I got a 5. Well, that is unless I accidentally skipped a question.

We learned TONS about women. TONS. We spent about two weeks dedicated to it, and spent a day going over the Civil War.

I was surprised. There was [insert adverb here] anything that pertained to the New Deal. And [insert noun here] on the Marshall Court (Gibbons vs. Ogden, Marbury vs Madison, Dartmouth College vs Woodward, et cetera).

So, yeah, I'm pretty confident. I wrote five pages for the DBQ, two-and-a-half for Question 2, and three-and-a-half for Question 5. With four minutes to spare.

Probably got a 4 on AP Psychology, though. It seemed pretty borderline to me, and I couldn't remember what Agoraphobia was.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »

I did Q 2 and 5...though I was debating between 2 and 3 and decided I could just bring up more historical facts by doing question 2.

We talkin' 'bout the same test? (not sure what grade you're in, but I think you're above me, and that implies they issue the same test every year) Although I did have the same issue between 2 and 3, but I chose 3.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 07:06:47 PM »

Damn. I had 3 pages for the DBQ and a page and a half each for the short essays. But hey, length isn't the most important thing.

I'm in sophomore year, but we got the same test.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »

We talkin' 'bout the same test? (not sure what grade you're in, but I think you're above me, and that implies they issue the same test every year) Although I did have the same issue between 2 and 3, but I chose 3.

The test is the same for every high schooler no matter the grade.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »

Damn. I had 3 pages for the DBQ and a page and a half each for the short essays. But hey, length isn't the most important thing.

I'm sure that's fine. Most people probably wrote about that length. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

What I'm curious is about is how you guys took APUSH in Sophomore year. We don't allow anyone under Junior year to take it (though again, my school sucks).
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »

I'm sure that's fine. Most people probably wrote about that length. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

What I'm curious is about is how you guys took APUSH in Sophomore year. We don't allow anyone under Junior year to take it (though again, my school sucks).

Half the schools in my area do that actually and make WH a junior class. A committed freshman could take the class and do well in it I think. History isn't the same as advancing through math and science or even english (though I supposed freshman essays wouldn't be that great on the test).
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »

Half the schools in my area do that actually and make WH a junior class. A committed freshman could take the class and do well in it I think. History isn't the same as advancing through math and science or even english (though I supposed freshman essays wouldn't be that great on the test).

That's pretty interesting. We didn't even have APWH until last year. We had Honors World, but it was incredibly easy with barely any homework.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »

aren't you guys breaking the law by discussing the contents of the exam?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2012, 08:49:53 PM »

My school offers comparatively  few AP History courses; junior year is either normal history class or a special college (but not AP) course from a local community college on Western Civilization (Renaissance to WWII/Cold War, I think). Senior year only offers, again, normal history or APUSG.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »

We haven't really talked about the contents in depth, though yeah, I suppose so. It isn't enforced, though -- at least it wasn't where I took it today.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »

I actually don't think we are because we aren't disclosing what the actual prompt or questions were.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »

So I just finished my AP US History test. It was actually quite easy, and I think I killed the DBQ.

I spent way too much time this year on the DBQ, although, if I get any less than a 6 on it, I'm going to flip a b****. I'm pretty sure I got a 4 or a 5 though. Strangely, I found it harder than the Calc AB test, though I'm pretty sure I got a lower score on the Calc one.

AP Physics is on Monday, and I'm aiming for a 3 mainly because that's probably the upper limit of my ability at this point. My class wasn't particularly good this year and barely anyone is going on expecting to pass anyways. Tongue

I expect to kill Lang though.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »

You're never going to know what you got on the DBQ, so it makes no difference.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »

You're never going to know what you got on the DBQ, so it makes no difference.

Well the actual score should be a rather good indication. Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »

Hmm, you guys wrote way more than me.  I was just under two pages on the DBQ and just over a page on the two FRQs.  Maybe my handwriting is just smaller though.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »

document based questions.  man I wish it were 2006.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies