If only Atlas existed...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If only Atlas existed...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: If only Atlas existed...  (Read 34456 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »

1860:

Jfern: Abraham Lincoln is just another moderate hero

HTMLDon: Go Bell! He's the only geniue moderate!

Libertas: Lincoln is a neocon. Breckinridge is right in opposing big government.

Lief: So, you're cool with slavery?

Libertas: Um, stop trolling.

1936:

Poll about Alf Landon (by Winfield)

Which sentence describes Alf Landon best?

1. Alf Landon is great
2. Alf Landon acheived greatness
3. Alf Landon have greatness trusted upon him
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:24:49 PM »

1952 Polls by wormyguy :

Robert Taft vs Adolf Hitler
Robert Taft vs Benito Mussolini
Robert Taft vs Josef Stalin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »

Atlasian Senators during Vietnam: If we pass this war powers act thingy, we might not be able to kill so many people!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »

1972:

Me: I'm running for President as a Libertarian.

1976:

[...]

2004:

Wormyguy: my god...SHUT UP
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »

Great idea!! Grin

1980:

Me: Go Reagan, the true conservative!

Tongue
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2011, 04:50:36 PM by Mechaesthetics »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Are you bloody serious?  James Garfield?  I mean granted we are on a message board when the internet supposedly doesn't exist and therefore there is no Wikipedia but still somehow we all know who this James Garfield chap is.  Anyway, where the hell do you get this insane notion that a nobody like Garfield can somehow make it to the National Convention Ballot?  Especially when the likes of Sherman, Grant, and Blaine are all likely to be the top contenders?  Men with infinitely more name recognition than this randomass Ohio Representative?  I mean if anything he is probably just going to be a yes man for Sherman anyhow?
I mean why the hell would the Convention nominate a nobody like Garfield against someone with name recognition like Hancock, Hendricks, Bayard, or even Tilden.  Considering that Tilden kicked the GOP's asses in the popular vote and only lost by one electoral vote imagine what kind of damage he would do if a nobody like Garfield is nominated?
Astronomical says I.[/quote]
Who the hell is James Garfield again?  He isn't that creepy pedophiliac looking dude with the beard is he?[/quote] You do realize that you just described like 3/4ths of the possible candidates for President, right?[/quote]
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »

1918:

Mechaman:
[preceding post has been deleted and poster is under arrest for using extremely barbaric language and manners as well as questioning the Constitutionality of President Wilson's actions]
Inks: God, this job is so boring........
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Are you bloody serious?  James Garfield?  I mean granted we are on a message board when the internet supposedly doesn't exist and therefore there is no Wikipedia but still somehow we all know who this James Garfield chap is.  Anyway, where the hell do you get this insane notion that a nobody like Garfield can somehow make it to the National Convention Ballot?  Especially when the likes of Sherman, Grant, and Blaine are all likely to be the top contenders?  Men with infinitely more name recognition than this randomass Ohio Representative?  I mean if anything he is probably just going to be a yes man for Sherman anyhow?
I mean why the hell would the Convention nominate a nobody like Garfield against someone with name recognition like Hancock, Hendricks, Bayard, or even Tilden.  Considering that Tilden kicked the GOP's asses in the popular vote and only lost by one electoral vote imagine what kind of damage he would do if a nobody like Garfield is nominated?
Astronomical says I.
Who the hell is James Garfield again?  He isn't that creepy pedophiliac looking dude with the beard is he?[/quote] You do realize that you just described like 3/4ths of the possible candidates for President, right?[/quote]
[/quote]

I remember this!
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2011, 06:55:07 PM by Ron Paul the Death Eater »

JCL would think Chester Arthur was born in Canada.

Libby and wormyguy get caught by the Alien and Sedation acts. Thomas Jefferson lets them off though.

opebo and A Certain Bakersfield Resident join the Confederates.

BushOklahoma is scammed by Grant, Harding, and Nixon's corrupt policies.

HoffmanJohn would make threads about Robert Taft and why he hates him.

GusChiggens would be exicuted for being an obscene town cryer.

Mechaman buys some land in the mountians and goes nuts.

jmfcst is a major figure in all four Great Awakenings.

Gramps is a Loyalist who wants to go back to boning hot British women.

cutie_15 can't post until 1920.

BRTD builds a strip club in order to get more people to move out in the frontier. Now with added Emo music. He also attemps to assisnate Joseph Smith.

Me? My username is "Warren Hard-On".
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »

1967:Cathcon: What's with this rave about the Doors? Really, Morrisons's just some freak going around in leather pants. He claim Frank Sinatra's one of his inspirations, but Frank Sinatra is a classis and this guy's just a freak

Sadly, I think that's how I might have ended up if I were born early enough to be in the age of good music.

The sequel to Mechaman's 1918 post...
1918: Cathcon: God! Really! You know how sick I get when you people start talking about Roosevelt and Wilson as warmongers? You known how sick I get of that "imperialist" bullsh**t? God! This is you: "Oh my God! We're actually sending our boys to war? Imperialist!" Seriously, you don't have the stomach to bear the idea of use of military force.

As for other people:
Mechaman would be one of the big opponents of prohibition. He make a million timelines based on the adventures of the Kennedys, Al Smith, David Walsh, James Farley, etc.

Winfield would in 1962 talk about hwo Nelson Rockefeller's going to win the nomination in 1964 and be the greatest President ever. In 1968 he invests heavily in the Romney for President campaign.

tb75 would go nuts for Wendell Willkie for no reason

Wormyguy's a big Coolidge supporter.

20RP12 talks about how nuts for Robert Taft he is and is name 20RT12. His hopes, of course, will be let down.

Bushoklahoma is named Nixonoklahoma and despite admittedly voting for McGovern talks about how he supported Nixon.

Angus: Relax. I myself grew up in a huge pro-Bryan household. However, my beliefs came into their own and now I'm a Republican, though I did vote Roosevelt in 1932 and 1936.

One of Benconstine's usernames is "Henry Jackson 76". However, he turns away from his moderate-heroness and gets rid of his Jackson obsession.

While these aren't funny, they're the best I can think of. And if anybody takes offense, they're all done in an attempt at humor and be forgiving.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 07:02:31 PM »

1924:

Me: CALVIN COOLIDGE FOR PRESIDENT!!! YEAH!!!! HE'S SOOOO AWESOMEEEE!!1!!!one!!1
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »

nclib: Women should be given the right to vote.
jmfcst: Bible verse x says women should not have input on who runs a man's country.
libertarian conservatives: nclib, you're such a feminist. If some states decide they don't want women to vote, you and your elitist feminists should accept that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 07:06:21 PM »

nclib: Women should be given the right to vote.
jmfcst: Bible verse x says women should not have input on who runs a man's country.
libertarian conservatives: nclib, you're such a feminist. If some states decide they don't want women to vote, you and your elitist feminists should accept that.

I don't want this thread to turn into a debate thread, but: "...Because voting rights and abortion rights are exactly the same thing!" is what I would sarcastically say to this.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »

9/11/01:

Opebo: LOLZ, I guess this Thailand thing worked out pretty GODDAMN good!

Oooooooooh I can just SMELL the death points Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 07:14:31 PM »

Opebo (1900): I just saw very amusing public beheading near my workplace
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 07:16:54 PM »

Opebo: How can you not root for Adolf Hitler? HIs flair, his charisma, his mode of dress, his speeches! It's those Western Imperialists that want to shut the man down. Luckily, he's staying strong despite all this bad talk about him.

Jmfcst: I'm not saying I'm rooting for Hitler, I'm just saying that I'm afraid of what a post-Hitler Germany might yield. Heck, we could have the USSR reaching their hand into Germany!

Libertas: (regarding supporters of the war) Looks like Imperialist Democrats and Imperialist Republicans think alike. Even Vandenburg, as so-called "Conservative" has sold out to the fascist Roosevelt. America has no business going into Germany and in all likelihood will just promote more attacks on American soil.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2011, 07:53:31 PM by angus »

52BC

opebo:  Vercingetorix is such a prude.  I'm glad Julius Caesar is going to execute him.  And, once the Romans take over, they'll tax the services of prostitutes, using the revenue to provide housing for all those fat, ignorant, ungrateful Celts.  They should get on their knees and thank their new masters. 

angus:  WTF?  Can you believe the new Roman schools are having them study trigonometry?  What a waste of tax dollars.  When I was in school we studied important stuff, like fermentation of grain and fruits.  I'm going to talk to the new Roman senator about this.

Leif:  Well, I'm a Roman and I understand your fear of being conquered by us.  I'm so ashamed to be a Roman.  But the greeks understood the importance of trigonometry.  They were so enlightened.  I spent a semester in Athens, you know.  I wish we were more like them.

jmfcst:  when is this Mesiah thing going to happen?  Those money changers in the temples down in Jerusalem are starting to seriously get on my nerves.

Al:  O, God, not the Romans.  Seriously?  Of all the evil empires to conquer us, why the Romans?

JohnDibble:  Smoking Celtic hemp is healthier than Roman fascism.

BRTD:  Romans?  Hell, yeah!  Have you ever body surfed at a Roman concert?!  It's awesome!

Gramps:  Can someone please pass the amphora?  I'm getting a little parched over here.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 07:42:48 PM »

1911 on the Atlas Forum
Off Topic
*poll* Are you excited for the Gentleman's Festival this year?
BRTD: I already have my train pass.  I only hope there are plenty of indecent peep shows in the area.
Gully Foyle: Yes, actually, I rather enjoy Joplin.
BRTD: LOL Scott Joplin is not real ragtime.
Gully Foyle: I am pretty sure he is.

Forum Community
*poll* Is Scott Joplin ragtime?
BRTD: No, of course not. *changes his display name to "Bowery Buck"*

US General Discussion
I told you so
CARL: Irishman found guilty of murder/url].

1912 U.S. Presidential Election
*new poll* Is Roosevelt a RL troll?
Mr. Morden: He's trolling hard.
pbrower: It is my analysis that even if he were to run President Taft would still win.  All past Presidents who were fat and Republican have won re-election.
Feeblepizza: I say he runs.
wormyguy: He's not running and would lose to Eugene Debs anyway.
px75: Debs? lololol

Religion and Philosophy
summary of the sermon from yesterday, still no video, though.  

---

The Greatest Comfort of All

Jesus told His disciples that the "Comforter" would come after His departure. "The Holy Ghost" would come.  In John 14 He makes so many references to this unique gift that it causes theologians some despair.  He says things like:  "the Father will send you another Comforter..."
"I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you..."
"we (the Father and I) will come to you, and make our abode with you..."
So much for those who like to explain the godhead with their superior knowledge.  The lines between Christ, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are blurred.  It is Christ's way of putting us at ease. No matter how many "theologies" we ministers and our churches can come up with, there is still only one God, and if you have Christ in you, you must also have the Father and the Spirit. Or if you have the Spirit, you must also have the Father and Christ.  Rest easy and stop worrying about whether you have Christ or the Holy Spirit. You can't have one or the other, exclusive of the other.
But Jesus wasn't trying to give debaters and theologians something to argue about.  Quite the contrary, He sandwiched all of His statements about the coming Comforter, the presence of the Spirit of God which dwells in us, with the same phrase. In verses 1 and 27 He says, "Let not your heart be troubled."
"Let not your heart be troubled!"  Then the promise of a coming Comforter, a 24-hour a day presence of God, Christ in you, your hope.  Then, "Let not your heart be troubled."
Do you see that the Holy Spirit is supposed to take away all your stress and anxiety?
Christ knew we would be troubled on every hand.  Life is full of troubling news.  Sicknesses threaten us.  We worry about our country, our economy.  We worry about marriages.  Will they last?  We fret over our children. Are we preparing them for independence?  Are we doing our best to save them?  We worry about retirement years. Will we have enough income to survive?  Will we make it?  Wars and rumors of wars.  Debt. Taxes.  Death.  Jobs.  Losses. Failures.  We worry about so many things.
And then Christ says, "Don't let your heart be troubled."
How can we help it?
"I'm sending you a Comforter."
The Holy Spirit has been hijacked by religious fanatics.  It was never meant to be something we had to go seeking for, never supposed to be a weapon like a sword or a lightning rod.  It was our comforter, our assurance, our ever-present help in any time of trouble.
He began His discourse so simply: "You believe in God. Believe also in me."
Are you troubled?  Can you believe in Jesus?  Will you?  If you'll trust Him, He'll send you a Comforter.  His Spirit will take away your anxiety, help you through your stress, relieve you of your fears.
Believe in Him. Accept His gift. Let not your heart be troubled.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 07:45:43 PM »

Middle Ages

I told you so (by CARLHAYDEN)

"Woman found guilty of being a witch"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »

1904:

Pbrower: Here, look at my graphic. Theodore Roosevelt will lose to Alton B. Parker because, in our history, every President that succeeded his deceased predecessor wasn't even nominated by his own party. Now, the age wave in...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »

Opebo throughout the ages...

33: (not willing to get into all that math about when He died): how can you not root for the Romans?
1789: How can you not root for Louis XVI?
1918: How can you not root for the Khaiser Willhelm?
1962: How can you not root for Castro?
1974: How can you not root for Nixon?
1990: How can you not root for Saddam?
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2012, 12:42:22 PM by Hank Schrader »

1968 would be epic.

U.S. Presidential Election 1968 board - "LBJ NOT running"

Mr Morden - He just announced in a live address from the Oval Office.

opebo - Damn. He is the greatest ever U.S. President. Now we will elect that far-right winger Eugene McCarthy.

dead0man - I like how the Left defends a warmonger like LBJ.

Libertas - (In response to opebo) Uh, no. He is one of the worst people ever to live.

pbrower2a - *Posts a map showing how RFK and McCarthy would do against Nixon.*

April 4th 1968:

U.S. General Discussion board - "Martin Luther King Jr. shot dead"

Everyone pays their sincere condolences, until....

Robert Stark - good riddanss to tat nwo sccum!!!!1111!!!!

This then triggers a 'debate' between him and about 50 other posters that lasts for about 80 pages.

June 6th 1968:

U.S. Presidential Election 1968 board - "Robert F. Kennedy is dead"

Libertas - He may have been against the Vietnam War but he was still a Zionist shill.

Einzige - (In response to Libertas) You're always selling out to Social Communism.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 08:11:26 PM »

1968 would be epic.

U.S. Presidential Election 1968 board - "LBJ NOT running"

Mr Morden - He just announced in a live address from the Oval Office.

opebo - Damn. He is the greatest ever U.S. President. Now we will elect that far-right winger Eugene McCarthy.

dead0man - I like how th Left defends a warmonger like LBj.

Libertas - (In response to opebo) Uh, no. He is one of the worst people ever to live.

pbrower2a - *Posts a map showing how RFK and McCarthy would do against Nixon.*

April 4th 1968:

U.S. General Discussion board - "Martin Luther King Jr. shot dead"

Everyone pays their sincere condolences, until....

Robert Stark - good riddanss to tat nwo sccum!!!!1111!!!!

This then triggers a 'debate' between him and about 50 other posters that lasts for about 80 pages.

June 6th 1968:

U.S. Presidential Election 1968 board - "Robert F. Kennedy is dead"

Libertas - He may have been against the Vietnam War but he was still a Zionist shill.

Einzige - (In response to Libertas) You're always selling out to Social Communism.

Points for accuracy. You also have to mention how RFK was Catholic, and for Libertas that'd be one of the good points, but IMO not good enough cause, well, he was a Zionist (apparently).
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »

Hmmn, I'm liking this idea.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 08:21:28 PM »

me to. it would be better for my health. aka I would have a life unlike everyone else here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies