If only Atlas existed...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:28:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If only Atlas existed...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: If only Atlas existed...  (Read 34494 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 02:29:53 AM »

1585:

Lief:
You, my good sir, are simply wrong on the manner and decorum one should recognize while walking to the store in frilly shirts!
Mechaman: Well I bite my thumb at thee, good sir!
Mikado: Mecha, informed gentlemen of the political fora like yourself with 49 stones to your record would be most wise to keep your offensive thoughts silent.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 02:49:44 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2011, 02:56:03 AM by The Mikado »

30 CE:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Sanhedrin does, of course, have final say in these matters.  While I could tolerate what he was doing in the country (anyone that gives those obnoxious Pharisees a black eye is good in my book), I can not and will not accept someone disrupting Temple services.  Apparently Caiaphas got one of Yeshua's followers, one "Yehudah" (codenamed "Judas Iscariot" by the Romans) to betray Yeshua ben Yosef (I hear rumors that that should be "Yeshua ben Panteras," if you follow my drift) to the authorities.  About time that cult fractured.  I hear Simon the Rockhead, who has been following that kook around for years, denied him three times!  LOL, imagine that.  As if anyone was going to believe that.  

Yeshua really should have focused on his itinerant preacher career and not messed with the Temple authorities: the Priests are where the real power in Judea lies.  Speaking of real power, I hear tale that Pilatus might extradite him over to Herod Antipas.  I don't think Antipas will take it, too much of a hot potato.  Pilatus can't get rid of this one that easily.[/quote]
Mikado, get your Sadducee hooked-nose out of Caiaphas' ass and see what's going on.  The people are taxed enough already by the charlatans of the Temple.  We're "Rendering unto God" everything we have, and it's making the priests fatter than ever.  At this rate, the Sons of Levi will weigh more than the rest of the Jewish people combined.  At least the Romans do something with our tax money.  We can follow the Laws perfectly well, and achieve their true ritual meaning, without Temple authorities watching over us.  That obnoxious Yeshua is wrong about a lot of things, but he's right that the vaunted priestly authority shall not last.  Pharisaical faith needs no Priests, just the Law.[/quote]

At least Mikado is consistent: consistently wrong!  He only wants to "struggle" with Rome in order to spill the blood of the Jewish people for the benefit of the Priests!  Everyone knows the Roman Empire has done great things for us.  The "oppression" you complain about?  That's what happens when you act up!  If you ask me, the real problem are those damned Samaritans, not to mention the Idumaeans and Ishmaelites sneaking in from Nabataea and stealing our jobs.[/quote]
My friend Matthias (goes by "Matthew" around the Romans) was in the crowd today: they convicted Yeshua, let Barabbas go, and Pilatus washed his hands of the matter, literally.  Matthew says that the crowd shouted, "His blood be on us and on our children."  And so an innocent man goes to the grave.[/quote]
Innocent?  Yeshua blasphemed against the God of Abraham, claiming to be his equal.  In fact, he even supposedly claimed to be older than Abraham himself.  God won't let insults to His dignity be taken so lightly.  Even if you ignore the terrible blasphemy of this man, he disrupted legitimate commerce in the Temple Precincts with his rabble-rousing.  So much for the "free market," eh?  This Yeshua is a dangerous revolutionary rebel that needs to be put down.  Also, you keep talking about this friend Matthew of yours.  How do you know he was there?  I heard it was so crowded there, I bet your friend was in the very back.  How could he have heard a word Pilatus said?  I'm tired of your "eyewitnesses."[/quote]

If I have to hear your damn hippie crap one more time...[/quote]
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 03:10:20 AM »

This is my favorite thread in a long, long time.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 03:44:36 AM »

5000 BC (or theresoabouts)

Lewis - I hear that they invented agriculture, you can now control where things grow!

Libertas - This is a conspiracy, the only way you can get food is by picking it off trees/bushes or fishing!

Polnut - I know people who have seen it, it is true!

Libertas - That is a bunch of lies, you are all a bunch of liars.

Inks - Libertas, you cant go around being annoying to people.

Libertas - THE MODS ARE EVIL

Dave - I drew a map on the wall of this cave

Libertas - You better let us do whatever you want in this cave!

Joe Republic - The cave is dave's.

Bushie - I accidentally stabbed myself with an arrow, because someone told me that you can fire them backwards.

Duke - LOL bushie!

Bushie - My friend was there, his name is...

Inks - Bushie, you need to stop with this personal information about others

Lief - The mods are out of control!

Teddy - I propose we kick dave out of this cave!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 05:50:28 AM »

1941 :

Opebo : All this is just imperialism. Mussolini and Hitler are great leaders who are leading Europe toward a new era of prosperity. Who are we to impose our American values to Europeans ?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 06:07:31 AM »

This is my favorite thread in a long, long time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 06:29:04 AM »

Intrade would have been interesting back in the pre-primary days.

Heck, it would have been interesting during major world events like WW2.

e.g., Hitler to depart as Chancellor of Germany by Dec. 31, 1944: 28.8
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 06:36:29 AM »

Al: Concentrates solely on Labour winning Liverpool Scotland
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 06:49:46 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2011, 07:32:20 AM by Mr. Morden »

nkpatel1279:

1916 US Presidential Election. Cont.
Hughes-R path to 266ev.
Hughes-R needs to win most of the Taft 1908 States, but can afford to lose IN,MD,MO,DE,MT.  OH is most likely a Tossup State.
Hughes-R needs to win OH, or if Wilson-D wins OH, then Hughes needs to offset with win in IN.
DE,MT become tossup states in that scenario, but they don't affect the national outcome.
If Hughes-R wins all Taft 1908 States except MD,MO, and OH for example, then Hughes wins.  272ev.
If Hughes-R wins all Taft 1908 States except MD,MO,OH,DE, and MT, then Hughes still wins.  266ev.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 07:30:18 AM »

1856:

Thread about "Will the American Party become the party of White Anglo Saxon Protestants?"
CJK:
My main point is that Anglo Saxon Americans might start to heavily favor the American Party in response to Catholic minorities subverting government through the Democratic Party to kill freedom.   And neither will the Anglo Saxon favor the radical Republican agenda of freeing the slaves whom will surely exist as pure leeches on the public dole.
Mechaman: And my main point is that YOU ARE A DAMN RETARD ANGLO SUPREMACIST NATIVIST BASTARD!  Catholic minorities are taking over the government?  Since the hell when?  Last time I checked the a vast majority of Congress is represented by Anglo Saxon Protestants, especially up here in the North.  Seriously, how many "Anglo Saxons need not apply" signs have you see?  Even the supposedly "paddy supremacist" Democratic Party is represented by a massive majority of boring WASP party leaders you pathetic blue blooded practitioner of incest!

I WISH THE CURSE OF CROMWELL UPON YOU YOU DAMN NATIVIST BASTARD SON OF A BITCH!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »

Summer of 1929

Beet:  I fear the worst.  Unchecked, unregulated speculation.  Brokers are routinely lending nearly 70% of the face value of the stocks to small investors, without even checking credit references!  It's going to be horrible when the selloff happens.

Gustaf:  Actually, we're doing very well.  Remember, we supplied steel and machined parts to the Germans during the Great War, but stayed officially neutral.  Everyone I know is rich right now.  I think you're confused about the fundamentals, Beet.

Beet:  No, I tell you it's madness.  The Dow has risen from 300 to 400 in just three months, mostly on unsecured assets.  How can we expect to sustain such growth?

opebo:  I can't believe you're still in the bad place, prude.  Here in Paris alcohol is still legal, and no one cares about the color of your skin, so long as you have money.  I just walked into a jazz club with five topless black women, and no one even gave it a second glance.  I don't really like the music, mind you, but they have rooms above the club that rent by the hour.  I hope your empire does crumble.  The greedy, fat, lazy prudes in the bad place deserve it.  But don't shed a tear over the owner class.  They'll still control the country, even if there is a massive selloff.  That's one thing Paris and New York and all cities have in common.

CARLHAYDEN:  Most of those black jazz musicians are in Paris illegally.  They're only tolerated because they're making money for the club owners.  Thankfully congress just passed a great law which restricts immigration into the United States to 150,000 a year.  That's still about 150,000 too many, but it's a step in the right direction.  I'm starting to warm up to Hoover.

Cathcon:  Well, they still allow priests to have sacramental wine.  They have to.  It's in the constitution.

jmfcst:  Oh, where in the constitution does it say that the pope has any authority here? 

Gramps:  I never had any trouble finding vodka and rum here in Pennsylvania.  You just need to know where to look.  Wink
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »

1776:

Opebo: OOOH HOW I JUST LOVE KING GEORGE!
Kalwejt: As do I.
Libertas: Hacks.

*next day*

Wormyguy:

George Washington vs. King George
Benjamin Franklin vs. King George
Opebo vs. King George
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »

1797:

"AVATARS THAT YOU NEVER SEE"

Democrat-Republican - Quebec
Federalist - Tennessee
Monarchist - Massachusetts

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »

That's quite an epic thread, yeah. Smiley
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 12:14:38 PM »

1781:

Teddy: We need a new Constitution! The Articles of Confederation sucks Sad I CALL ON THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS TO DRAFT A NEW ONE!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 12:19:59 PM »

1775:

Opebo: Why are you, prudes, fighting against British crown? London is a very cool place, unlike this bad place. That's why I preferred to move to London, instead of staying on my tobacco plantation, but I still have income. Anyway, King George is a very elegant, well-dressed, handsome man, unlike all those prudes in Philadelphia. Did you see their dressing style? Horrible! I bet Philadelphia doesn't have as wonderful prostitutes as London.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 12:24:15 PM »

Jake: HEHEHEHE, I WET MY COURT HOSE! XD
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 12:25:18 PM »

1924:

An entire forum: Who, the f**k, is John W. Davis?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »

JJ: Which ever party wins this election is going to be in for a generation of trouble.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2011, 12:40:27 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2011, 06:02:37 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

1974/1975:

Bullmoose: HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1995, 2000, 2003:

Me: LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bullmoose: Eh sheesh...
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »

1996:

What will you be doing on Election Day?:
Majority of forum:
Oh wait a minute, that's NEXT WEEK?  Sorry, I was too busy playing Super Mario 64 and watching Independence Day with Will Smith to notice.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 03:10:22 PM »

jmfcts: Why did I receive 10 infraction points for asking if afleitch lives in the British Somaliland?!
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »

1972:

Off Topic Thread:

Me: I am going to go vote for Nixon today, but I need to go buy the new Sabbath Album and  pre order the new Stooges album.

BRTD: Who in the Hell are The Stooges?

Me: They are too awesome to describe, you must buy their album to understand them

-Two Hours Later-

BRTD: The Stooges suck! I wasted money on that album and all I hear is random screaming, you lied to me!

Me: Oh well, go back to listening to your hippie music, that is what all the McGovern voters are anyway.

On the Election Results forum:

Me: What network are you all watching? I'm going for either ABC or NBC. Cronkite is awful at election coverage. Plus NBC has new computers too, they are like really small.

Wormyguy: What are you talking about, Cronkite is number one for a reason, do your math.

BushOK: Ok, what kind of math? I like Choctaw the best

Me: Good Grief you are an idiot.

Gporter: I like ABC.... They are mostly pulling for Nixon, except for that fool Reasoner.... He is stuck on Humphrey ...

Me: NBC declared Nixon the winner! Let the revolution begin.

Two years later, Watergate thread.

Me: The revolution has ended, why in the heck did I even say that?

That's all of my randomness for now anyway
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »

Opebo in the 17th centuries and 18th centuries:

"One can buy a beautiful, thin Native and a hearty delicious Iroquois meal for only a handful of colorful beads. Stowing away on that ship and leaving The Bad Place to come to North America was the best thing I ever did!"

Dave, in the late 1800s:

"Today I've decided to make some changes to our moderation system. From this point forward, receiving 50 infraction points will no longer result in having one's tongue cut out and one's hands cut off. Similarly, 100 infraction points will no longer result in execution."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2011, 04:17:24 PM »

Dave, in the late 1800s:

"Today I've decided to make some changes to our moderation system. From this point forward, receiving 50 infraction points will no longer result in having one's tongue cut out and one's hands cut off. Similarly, 100 infraction points will no longer result in execution."

Dave, little earlier:

Hi. I decided, after consulting with the moderators and revieving his posting history, to break Libertas on the wheel.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies