The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:08:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95331 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »

In the interest bringing about lasting stability as well as vital reforms I have gone beyond conventional party lines in selecting a running-mate.

My chief concerns are to be active, to want to do a good job as Vice President and to serve the people - regardless of political stripe, while still holding to the values of any administration.

I have asked former President Tmth to run with me.

I understand many may question or even be unhappy by this choice, but my Vice President will be working hard on behalf of my administration.

This race is about bringing the stability so that meaningful reform can happen and survive.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2012, 11:54:25 PM »

I'd have loved to see a Polnut/Fuzzy administration (who wouldn't?) but I see the benefit of having two experienced executives at a time where Atlasia's future is so uncertain. Endorsed and good luck.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:13 PM »

I'd have loved to see a Polnut/Fuzzy administration (who wouldn't?) but I see the benefit of having two experienced executives at a time where Atlasia's future is so uncertain. Endorsed and good luck.

^ This, exactly.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »

Shocked I'm shocked.

First, I thank Polnut for selecting me to be his Vice President. I will not let him, or Atlasia, down.

Right now is a pivotal time in Atlasia - with the dissolution, this game could either quickly spike up, back to where we were in 2009, or the game could completely collapse. It is imperative that we have strong, assertive leadership so that this game may survive and flourish. Polnut and I certainly have our political difference, but both of us deeply care about this game, and want to see it succeed.

I look forward to the upcoming campaign. I know some may be hesitant, even unwilling, but I aim to prove in the coming days and weeks that I am the right man for this job. Thank you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2012, 12:04:40 AM »

A new Atlasia requires new leadership, not two retreads from the past.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2012, 12:15:34 AM »

^ This, exactly.

Although I would have loved to be on the ticket, I wish Polnut and Tmth the best of luck in the upcoming election!  Smiley 
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »

Endorsed!

Thanks for stepping up to the plate, guys!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »

I will be making a formal announcement statement tomorrow.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2012, 03:10:12 AM »

Polnut, not even two weeks ago you said you would not run for any publich office for a while, then you suddenly decided to run in the special Senate election before you decided to run for President ... is this a foretaste of the stability you want to bring to Atlasia? Wink
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2012, 03:16:45 AM »

Your ticket has my support.

Polnut, not even two weeks ago you said you would not run for any publich office for a while, then you suddenly decided to run in the special Senate election before you decided to run for President ... is this a foretaste of the stability you want to bring to Atlasia? Wink

"A week is a long time in politics." Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2012, 03:33:11 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 03:35:29 AM by Senator Polnut »

No, my very successful and productive first term is the foretaste Smiley
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2012, 03:40:15 AM »

Officially endorsed, btw.  Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2012, 06:59:50 AM »

Polnut- I am curious what your position is on the anti-conscription bill

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »

Polnut- I am curious what your position is on the anti-conscription bill

I don't support a blanket ban on conscription in the Constitution. I support making it next to impossible for conscription to be brought about, and only to be available in the most extreme of circumstances and with strict conditions on the role of conscripted soldiers.

I completely understand the strong objections of my fellow Senators to current amended version, but I'm not approaching this issue from the same perspective as them, that's all.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2012, 07:34:59 AM »

Independence Hall, Philadelphia

The Polnut/Tmth campaign song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOOsBc0RkyU&feature=related

Ladies and gentlemen of Atlasia

Some four weeks ago, I had determined that my time in Atlasian electoral politics was at an end. However, as they say, a week is a long-time in politics… and four weeks is an eternity. However, in both the case of the Senate race and now the presidency, I was asked by my fellow Atlasians to return to service.  I have too much respect for the people of Atlasia and the work we have done together to turn down that call and leave our country to chance.

I can tell you, if you want any indication of my commitment to the people of this country, it’s my two terms as Mideast Governor, at a time when no one else wanted to rescue the basket-case of the country, my two-terms in the Northeast Assembly, including one as the first progressive Speaker. Most importantly look to my term as President, during which I put in place tax-cuts for low-income families and small businesses, I worked with the Senate to fulfill my first-day promise to get us out of Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan with honour and done responsibly, together we created a national-wide incentive and loan program to creative a greater capacity for renewable energy and put created a national anti-bullying program.

These reforms were done in a spirit of pragmatism, but always I tried to serve all of you. That often led to anger from my own party, but over time, that eased when we all realized the common goals we had.

And when  I looked at my circumstances toward the end of my term, I realized I could not be the active president I believe you deserved, I chose to step aside.

I welcome Assemblyman ZuWo and Jbrase to the race, I would urge them to not discount their chances. I don’t take a single vote for granted. I look forward to a positive campaign of ideas, we all want to make Atlasia strong but we do have different avenues down which to get there.

I want to thank former President Tmth for joining me on this journey. At a time when Atlasia is in this state of flux, what  is needed most is a stable and steady hand. Experience does matter and both Tmth and myself bring that to these offices. Tmth believes in reform, and if elected I will put him in charge of the Administration's reform efforts.

There are tremendous reform options out there, and in order to bring about the reforms still to come, we need stability. If there’s one thing I can promise a Polnut/Tmth administration will be, will be stable government focused on delivering high quality services and true reforms for the Atlasian people.

I still want to do something serious about regional taxation, continue with the reform agenda of the Game Reform Panel I created at the beginning of my first term, I will act on them if the Senate will not, I want to continue sensible measures to creative incentives for investment, to bring our Budget into surplus and pay down our debt.

I want to continue to do more for our children, to make sure that a strong education is a right not a privilege and I will never abandon the public education system. We will do more to create energy independence, to create a low-carbon economy and ensure that our health system is solvent and effective for the future.

I will not adopt wedge politics designed to divide us, I believe in the role of faith and what it brings to people’s lives, however, I will never stop in defending our secular liberal democratic institutions.

So I ask all Atlasians, of all political stripes, if you believe in what this campaign, and what I want this future administration to be, for your support. If you want a strong and open Atlasia, where all are valued for their promise then I ask for your support.

Thank you everyone.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2012, 07:37:06 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 07:40:09 AM by MechaRepublican »

I'm sorry what!?

Just out of confusion I can't endorse this ticket, knowing that the Presidential Candidate is probably going to declare he's going to run for Prime Minister of the Draka Cabinet two days from now.

On a positive note, welcome back Vepres!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2012, 07:40:22 AM »

I'm sorry what!?

Just out of confusion I can't endorse this ticket, knowing that the Presidential Candidate is probably going to declare he's going to run for Prime Minister of the Draka Cabinet two days from now.

Wait... there's an opening?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »

I'm sorry what!?

Wait... there's an opening?

It's all in good fun Smiley

Seriously though, this election is shaping up to be a good one, candidate wise.  If Jbrase wasn't running with ZuWo I would probably endorse this ticket.  Kind of like if my really good friend Mechaman wasn't running with Teddy that one time I would've voted for Polnut/Bacon King.

.......oh wait.......I am Mechaman......whoops.

[/waking up]
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2012, 07:49:26 AM »

I know, hence my sarcastic response Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2012, 09:37:34 AM »

Fully and enthusiastically endorsed!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #245 on: February 02, 2012, 09:55:50 AM »

Endorsed. You guys are my #3 and #4 fav posters in Atlasia.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »

Kind of like if my really good friend Mechaman wasn't running with Teddy that one time I would've voted for Polnut/Bacon King.
LOL you should have. TBH if I didn't like you so much, I wouldn't have even voted for myself - I did awful in that election.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »

Kind of like if my really good friend Mechaman wasn't running with Teddy that one time I would've voted for Polnut/Bacon King.
LOL you should have. TBH if I didn't like you so much, I wouldn't have even voted for myself - I did awful in that election.

Teds, I think it's official:

We were the Fred Tuttle of Atlasian tickets.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »

Who?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica