The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:17:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95310 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »

Oh Tmth, you just had to go & do this. Sad
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »

This is shaping up to be the first time since 1852 where I like all major-party candidates Wink.  Sorry I can't endorse you though.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2012, 03:19:31 AM »

The University of Texas, Austin

*Senator Polnut is introduced by the student government president*

Firstly, I want to say how thrilled I am to be here in Austin.

Well, what a difference a couple of days make. We now have at least four tickets running in this election, and while there is a tremendous range of choice, I also believe the choices are clear.

What I am here to say to you today, is that this election will in many ways dictate the future of this country. Not only what kind of country we want, but whether or not Atlasia as we know will survive.

There is a tremendous opportunity that this period of flux and change has brought about. And we need to be ready to grab it and utilise it for the good of all.

Former Governor Winfield, in endorsing an opposition ticket said "a new Atlasia needs new leadership". And I don't disagree with him. However, this new Atlasia has not yet been born, we are very much in the transitory phase. Like a butterfly newly emerged from the cocoon, it is fragile and vulnerable.

Tmth and I want to ensure that Atlasia is strong enough to make sure these and future reforms change this country for the better.

I am asking for your vote and I am asking for your support for these future reforms, and to support the future stability of this country. This ticket brings experience and a history of getting the job done for the benefit of all the people.

While any future Polnut administration will be, like the last one, about a pragmatic progressive agenda, we will work with whoever we need to get our country stronger and moving forward. We cannot afford to be beholden to ideological purity. However, I have strong convictions, and I will never betray them. If you want a foretaste of what my second term will be, look to my first.

I think one thing I can say with safety is that there will be no clear winner in this election, and preferences will be vital. For my fellow progressives and those with sympathy for what we want to do for this country, I urge you not to make the mistakes of February 2011, when we divided for petty reasons and had fatal results for us. And while that election saw the elevation of my running-mate, this election showed us how damaging a split progressive vote can be. I want all of us, in fact all of us running for your vote, to go into this will the positive spirit that I know we can bring about.

So in closing, I want you all to ask several questions, who is ready to bring stability to Atlasia, who has the experience of getting the job done, who has the experience of bringing parties together to work toward common goals and who has shown a commitment to working for all Atlasians? I hope you will come to the conclusion that this ticket will be what this country needs, even if you don't that we are worth a high-preference. I take nothing for granted, each vote matters and I need your help and support.

Thank you all, thanks very much.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2012, 10:04:26 PM »

POLICY RELEASE

Public Broadcasting

A Public broadcaster has been a key element of many western countries.

Very often, these broadcasters are able to rise above the traditional revenue-driven entertainment formats. If look to the BBC in the UK, it has been a source of entertainment as well as news for consumption around the world for 85 years.

I welcome the Labor Party putting this on the agenda, I have tried over the past little while to determine the best way to finance such as broadcaster.

It will be the policy of any Polnut Administration to have the groundwork for a public broadcaster both for television and radio in place before the end of the first term. Eventually the Atlasian National Broadcaster (ANB) could well be the source for funding to promote the Atlasian film industry. This is an opportunity to tell our stories and to bring those stories to the world.

The ANB Board will be independent from government.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 01:49:12 AM by Senator Polnut »

POLNUT/TMTH FOR ATLASIA

Press Release

Senator Polnut congratulates GM Shua on his tremendous effort compiling the Bugdet update.

"This presents us with a clear picture. We are on the cusp of determining our economic future. We can make sure there is targeted tax relief, as well as provide not only the same public services, but improve them.

This election will determine our economic future. We need to focus on ensuring the solvency of our programs, while at the same time reducing wasteful spending, and focusing on reducing the burden of our debt "
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2012, 12:04:27 AM »

Press Release

Tmthforu94 will be delivering an important statement in the next few minutes where he will address several issues/concerns about his past. Please stay tuned.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »

Statement from Vice Presidential Candidate Tmthforu94

Good evening.

Tonight, I am here to address several issues that are bound to arise in this campaign. I will make it a point to be as open and honest as possible throughout this campaign, and I'll start with it tonight.

First off, to those who may be unfamiliar with me, I'd like to run through my history in the game, both the good and the bad.

I joined Atlasia in early 2009, and began getting involved that Spring. The first campaign I ever ran for was in an At-Large Special Election - at the time, many within my party were suspicious that I was either Xahar or a plant, so I was not kept much in the loop. Thankfully, I avoided embarrassment and dropped out. Soon after, I was able to get into the Senate via appointment, and served there for almost three terms. The first piece of legislation I introduced as a member of the Mideast Assembly was "The Animal Protection Act". * Throughout my Atlasian career, I have been an advocate for animal rights, and I will continue to do so.

In May of 2010, after two successful elections to the Senate, I instead decided to run for Governor, and was overwhelmingly elected. I had a great relationship with the Mideast Assembly - I think in order for a government to be successful, the executive and legislative branches need to work together cohesively (Obama and Congress could take a lesson on what I did Wink). I spent 8 great months serving the Mideast.

In February 2011, I ran for President of Atlasia, and what a ride that was! Tongue That was probably one of the most dramatic and intense elections Atlasia has had, and to this day, I still have no idea how I made it through. Dallasfan and I ran a very strong, united ticket, and we were able to woo just enough swing voters to edge past a strong Oakvale/Snowguy ticket in the final round. Had the left not been as divided as they were, I'm not sure if we would have won.

Serving as President, as Polnut would also know, isn't as easy as some may think. You are dealt with a lot in this game, one of the biggest difficulties probably being finding active cabinet members. There was a lot of fluidity while I was President, and I updated the statue for quite a long time during my tenure. Our biggest accomplishment, certainly, was the Game Reform Act of 2011. While it's not perfect, I think it was a huge step in the right direction - it took pressure off the Game Moderator while also giving responsibilities to the SoIA and SoEA. Some may argue that the bill has not been successful, but I personally think the problem lies more in the people.

In late May, Dallasfan informed me that he did not wish to seek a 2nd term. I was left to decide if I wanted to run for reelection with a new running mate, and I chose to let someone else take over. That man was Polnut, and my, did he do a great job! Smiley

And now, I'm going to bring up the tainted part of my past, Invaligate. While I personally have some disagreements over the legality of the entire situation, I take full responsibility for my actions. The way I treated Jake was inappropriate, President or not. I was wrong in doing so. I have since apologized to Jake several times for it, and he graciously accepted it. We have a strong friendship to this day.

My biggest rival, however, since then has been Mr. Napoleon. While we still have some disagreements, we've both moved on from that long feud. It was inappropriate to stir so much drama in a political simulation like this.

That's pretty much my story. Enough of the past though, let's talk about the future.

Just a few days ago, Atlasia had a massive shakeup - the RPP and JCP both dissolved, as we all know, and it's been pretty crazy around here. Personally, I'm happy what I've seen thus far - just look at how many candidates we have running! In the coming months, I believe it is important that Atlasia has leaders that will be active and steer our nation in the right direction. As your Vice President, with Polnut in command, I want Atlasians 2 years from now to be able to look back on early 2012 and say "Yeah, that was a great time in Atlasia. Let's go back to that", similar to what we now say about the summer of 2009.

Polnut and I have our policy disagreements, and that's another issue I know some may have with this ticket - we're too different from each other. How will I handle that as his Vice President? If I have a disagreement with him, I'll certainly let him know - I'm not going to stand down on my beliefs. We'll probably get in some intense discussions at times. But at the end of the day, I will respect his final decision, and I'll stand with his decision. I believe it is important that a President and Vice President have a united front.

I look forward to the coming weeks of this campaign, especially the debate. I open the floor to anyone question y'all might have. Smiley

* - https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/A.R._3:_The_Animal_Protection_Act

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2012, 01:45:27 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 05:00:36 AM by Senator Polnut »

POLNUT/TMTH FOR ATLASIA

Press Release

Senator Polnut welcomes the latest additions to the race for the White House.

He believes this race will be won and lost on preferences and continues to hope for a positive contest of ideas. This will be a real race, and he is looking forward to a real contest.

He also looks forward to a full presidential debate once all candidates have been settled.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »

POLICY RELEASE

Foreign Policy

As with the first Polnut term, any second term will treat foreign policy as an equal partner.

Atlasia will continue the process of military withdrawal from Afghanistan, we will reduce our military footprint overseas and we will work to streamline the procurement processes. This will not only save money but show the world that Atlasia's military is strong, but also smart.

We will continue to engage with the rest of the world in positive economic and social development, this includes aid to reduce HIV infections in the developing world, protecting girl's rights to an equal education and famine support across the horn of Africa.

We will support those parties that are engaged in pro-democracy activities in the Arab-Spring, however, as was a hallmark of the first Polnut Administration, in order to protect the integrity of their efforts, the work must be done by the people living in those countries.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 04:26:23 PM by Senator Polnut »

POLICY RELEASE

Education

Education is a fundamental right. The quality of educational opportunities should not be based on family income or geography. While we accept that there will always be some kind of inequalities in the education, we should be committed to reducing those inequalities to ensure that every child has a chance to fulfil their potential.

The privatisation of education is unacceptable. Providing vouchers suggests we have given up on the public education system, and we will not give up on it.

Vocational and technical training should be an option for children beyond a certain point, to enable children with career aspirations along those lines to also have greater opportunities.

A national curriculum is a waste of time and money, there should be a basic framework that the Federal Government advocates and to ensure students, especially those with special needs have the resources they need, but the primary responsibility for curricula remains with regional governments.

One element of the framework will be comprehensive sex education, which will increase in specificity from the 4th grade. However, parents will have the right to remove their children from classes.

On tertiary education, the policy will continue the reforms that began under the first Polnut term and continued under President Snowguy, such as reforming student loan practices and reducing the debt burden students face. We will also work to place caps on tuition fees.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »

POLNUT/TMTH FOR ATLASIA

Press Release

Senator Polnut congratulates GM Shua on his tremendous effort compiling the Bugdet update.

"This presents us with a clear picture. We are on the cusp of determining our economic future. We can make sure there is targeted tax relief, as well as provide not only the same public services, but improve them.

This election will determine our economic future. We need to focus on ensuring the solvency of our programs, while at the same time reducing wasteful spending, and focusing on reducing the burden of our debt "
Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »

Sheraton Downtown
Denver, Colorado

Thanks everyone!

This race just gets more and more exciting.

With so many tickets spanning ideologies and parties and geography, I think the choices facing the Atlasian people in 10 days time are tremendous. Every single vote will matter, as will where you send your preferences.

In February 2011, the left was divided, as Chair of the UDL at the time I saw how fractured and broken the progressive movement was. Instead of being pragmatic and realising our common goals, we let votes exhaust and saw complacency from many. That was an election that we as progressives should have won.

Going into this election, we face the same issue. The progressive vote is split between three, if not four tickets. It's great that that with the creation of so many parties, there are tickets that will put our IRV and the SoFE to the test.

So what I'm saying is this. This election will be very tight, no one can be complacent. I understand if you are voting first preference elsewhere, but this election will likely be decided on second preferences. So while I am obviously hoping for your first preference, I am equally asking for consideration for your second preference.

As I've asked before, who has the experience to bring about stability for this new Atlasia to take shape? Who is committed to strong social services while cutting wasteful spending and taking the burden of debt off us? Who is serious about getting real reforms up and keeping them in place?

We have released our policies on public broadcasting, education and foreign policy. We will soon talk about healthcare and the economy.

This will be the political fight of our lives, I've run in a few elections, and I've won and I've lost. Losing sucks, but it still teaches you something valuable for the next fight. But I'm here to tell you, I have no intention of losing, this race can be won, I intend to win it, but I cannot do it without you.

This is a new era in Atlasia, the powers of old are going or gone, we need to grasp the opportunities these new reforms and those to come bring about. We are indeed on the verge of a new Atlasia, and this ticket is ready to govern.

Thank you all! Thanks so much!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2012, 07:47:16 PM by Senator Polnut »

POLICY RELEASE

Game Reform

Under the Polnut Administration, the first Game Reform Panel was established. This process concluded with a detailed report that was submitted to the Senate for their consideration for future action.

Unfortunately, the Senate refused to act on those recommendations.

If elected, a second Polnut term will resurrect the Game Reform Panel, and the Vice President will be placed in charge of furthering the game reform agenda. As President, Tmthforu94 brought about one of the most fundamental game reforms, and he is greatly suited to undertake that role.

One reform that will be advocated is the combination of the roles of the Secretary of Federal Elections and the Registrar General into a single role, and that a Constitutional amendment will be pursued to bring that about.

But game reform has always been a means to an end for Senator Polnut, not the point of Atlasia. Game reforms to help make Atlasia work better and be more representative are important. But it will not be a pre-occupation of the Administration.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »

Statement:
Elaborating on, game reform is something that has always been important to me. It's something that I focused on as President, and it's something I will heavily focus on as Vice President. I think this is one area where Polnut and I compliment each other nicely on - while he specializes in policy, I specialize in game reform. When inquiring for the VP spot, I specifically asked Polnut if I could lead the Game Reform Panel. It's something I want to do, not something I've been assigned.

I was not able to devote myself heavily to the last Game Reform Panel, mainly because I wasn't on it, but from what I gathered, there was a lot of talk and little action. My philosophy is that everything should be brought on the table, and from that points we'll discuss the merits of each idea. Some of the idea's I'll throw out to the committee may not be idea's I or Polnut originally support, but that doesn't mean we believe they shouldn't be discussed.

Once the Game Reform Panel is established, the first thing I will do is have the members compile a list of potential reforms, realistic or not. Then, we'll assign an order of importance, and start tackling each one. After we feel I feel debate has exhausted, we'll make a final decision, then either propose a bill/amendment to the Senate or table the item.

This will be a long process, but it doesn't have to be a complicated one if we have a plan going into it. I have a plan, and I'm ready to get started with it. Thank you.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2012, 06:43:09 AM »

POLNUT/TMTH FOR ATLASIA

Press Release

The campaign will tomorrow unveil its full economic plan, including specific proposals to reduce costs, as well as collect additional revenue to further its economic aims: to improve economic stability, strengthen the job market and start paying down our debt.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »

Purple heart

...that is all.

... Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #266 on: February 07, 2012, 03:53:58 PM »

I'm sorry. The Andrews already have a monopoly on the love vote. It's the centerpiece of our campaign!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »

I'm sorry. The Andrews already have a monopoly on the love vote. It's the centerpiece of our campaign!

Love is universal and cannot be placed under a monopoly... love you Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »

Love is universal and cannot be placed under a monopoly... love you Cheesy

Stop it. Love it only universal in my campaign! The only reason Andrew and Andrew are running is because we love Atlasia!

And we love you too!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2012, 12:29:35 AM »

SENATOR POLNUT CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE

Wednesday 8 February

Trenton, NJ
New Haven, CT
Providence, RI
Cambridge, MA

Thursday 9 February

Burlington, VT
Manchester, NH
Bangor, ME
New York City, NY

Friday 10 February

Trenton, NJ
Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Cincinnati, OH
Detroit, MI

Saturday 11 February

Madison, WI
Milwaukee, WI
Chicago, IL
Indianapolis, IN

Sunday 12 February

Louisville, KY
Memphis, TN
Atlanta, GA
Orlando, FL

Monday 13 February

Miami, FL
New Orleans, LA
Denver, CO

Tuesday 14 February

Las Vegas, NV
Phoenix, AZ
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA

Wednesday 15 February

Seattle, WA
Billings, MT
Lincoln, NE
Witchita, KS

Thursday 16 February
St Louis, MO
Sioux City, IA
Fairfax, VA
Boston, MA
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2012, 07:39:49 AM »

Burlington City Hall
Burlington, Vermont

Good morning everyone!

I know it's very early and it's incredibly cold out there and so I'm so thrilled to have so many out today.

This tells me that you are concerned about the future of your country and are here to listen to me garble on about why you should be voting for this ticket next week.

Yes, I garble, and I am really trying to talk less, so please bear with me.

This time in Atlasia has presented us with huge opportunities, but to say that this new Atlasia has completed its transition is incorrect. The reforms in place, which led to the dissolution of our bastions of left and right, has begun to transform the country, but it is not yet transformed. Atlasia needs strong, stable and consistent leadership for the future. In both Tmth and myself you have two records of achievement and activity.

We are in this race because we know that Atlasia needs stability and we will deliver. But this is not a campaign without a real concrete agenda. We will continue to ensure that our social services are solvent, effective and are of the highest quality.

We will cut wasteful spending, including reducing our military presence overseas, streamlining our homeland armed forces, we will also reduce the overall costs of the administration of government. But this measure will not cost a single job, we cannot work to reduce unemployment but creating it.

Through these and other measures, we will reduce the deficit by at least 18% in the first year, with room for further economies. One thing this ticket is unique in this race for, is the fact that we have a plan that doesn't recklessly cut taxes which is a recipe to ensure that debt will be with us for decades, nor do we believe the answer to economic problems is to tax people and stymie economic growth just as it's most needed.

A steady and moderate approach to this delicate issue is needed. I know some don't trust any measure which isn't radical or extreme. This method will cut spending without creating a drag on the economy, and this is what we need.

I should also say that it's also great that my fellow candidate ZuWo has said that his ticket is the ticket of reform, and what is his solution? To re-instate the Game Reform Panel I created as President, it's great to see that he agrees with our approach. I will not only restore the panel, but I will also place the Vice President personally in charge of the panel and wider reform agenda, and in Tmth we will have a Vice President with one of the strongest histories of successful reforms.

This is a huge time for this country, and this election is offering stark choices for the future of this country. My fellow candidates and their running-mates are good people, we just disagree about how we bring change about. This election will be so incredibly close and every single vote and every single preference will be important. We need to consider who is ready to lead this country in into this new time. I hope that you will decide this ticket will bring the stability, experience and greater opportunities for this nation to continue to evolve.

OK, sorry, that was a bit lengthy...

Anyway, again, thank you so much! I can't do this without you!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »

I am not trying to be critical but curious- what do you mean by streamlining our homeland armed forces
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »

I am not trying to be critical but curious- what do you mean by streamlining our homeland armed forces

Thanks for the question.

What I mean by streamlining is that in order to do the job Atlasia's military should be smarter not bigger. National security is deeply important, and the Atlasian men and women in uniform have nothing but my eternal respect and thanks for their service and dedication. In my Budget plan, we don't touch military support.

We need to stop thinking that in order to project our military prestige in the world, we need to be a massive and bloated behemoth. We can focus on maximising our technological advantages but we will not be firing members of our armed forces, if that is your concern. Warfare has changed so much since over the last 50 years, our ability to put fewer troops in harm's way and achieve the same goals means we have opportunities to really look at military engagement as a fight of brawn over brains, and if we have both, then I think we'll be in a better position.

We will work with the military leadership to make sure our genuine capacity is not undermined, while at the same time finding strategies that consolidate the military where possible. These are practical steps to reduce costs without undermining that all-important military capacity.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »

Polnut- thank you f or your answer. I am glad to hear you wouldnt be downsizing troop levels as Obama announced. I agree with your goals for technlogy and I think it is one every one should share... drones are the future of warfare and are far better then having our troops risking death by IED while serving as traffic cops for some intersection in Kabul

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2012, 06:09:29 PM by Senator Polnut »

Lake Eola Park
Orlando, Florida

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you so much for giving up your Sunday evening to come down here.

The election will be baring down on us in a matter of days, what we do know, is that it will be extremely close. This, however, is a good thing for Atlasia. I admit being a little unsure about the full consequences of dissolution, whether or not we would just end up conglomerating back into a two-tribe nation again. However, it looks like my initial concerns were unfounded. This election is testament to how, when challenged, Atlasia can renew itself.

This election is about stark choices, but choices presented by very good people. All those us running bring talents and our personal views of what the future of Atlasia should be.

One area where there is a strong difference between some candidates is the role of the family in Atlasia.

All of us belong to a family, however, most of us belong to more than one.

I have my biological family and I also have my social family, other have sporting families or whatever else joins people together and allows people to feel part of something beyond themselves.

The nuclear of family of a mother, a father, 2 kids and a dog, living in suburbia is something that some look to as some kind of gold standard in how things should be.  My view is, if that is what makes you happy, then it should be embraced and supported. But we shouldn't discriminate against those in healthy, happy families that might not necessarily conform to what some would see as 'ideal'.

I want to talk to you today about continued efforts to fight for gay and lesbian equality. We are, in Atlasia, one of the most progressive nations in the western world when it comes to this issue. However, we must always be vigilant that those rights and freedoms are not undermined by a minority who feel threatened, for whatever reason.

What matters to a child is that they are secure, cared for, loved and encouraged to be whatever and whoever they truly are.

One of the proudest moments I had after leaving office, was seeing my successor sign the Atlasian Anti-Bullying Act into law. This was a measure to work with the regional governments to get resources out into schools to prevent bullying overall. But also to especially target bullying of kids who may be gay, lesbian, bisexual or have gender issues.

However, what children are taught at home is translated to the school playground. Now, I know people have religious objections to homosexuality, let alone same-sex marriage or adoption, but I believe that personal objection should not be based on personal hatred toward another person.

I have always respected religion and the role it plays in the lives of people, and what it does in the community. But equally, I believe in the separation of Church and state. Our constitutional freedom of religion is a two-way street. You have the right, assuming you do not undermine the rights and freedoms of other, to believe whatever brings you comfort and solace. However, in a secular state, you also have the freedom to not believe, nor have the beliefs of others imposed upon you.

Yes, as a society of laws, our laws do have a connection with the Judeo-Christian ethos, but our laws have developed beyond those narrow confines to represent the community we have built today. A community where numerous faiths are respected. But also one where we do not claim to be a nation of any specific denomination nor any specific religion.

I will never stop defending the rights of gay and lesbian people who love each other and want to share their lives united together under the law, equally I will protect their rights to take in children who deserve the love and support of a family, because studies show that's what matters, love and support.

Thank you all, this election will be very important and I need you to help me make this happen!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies