The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:34:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95317 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »

Wichita State University
Wichita, Kansas

Hello Wichita!!

This campaign is coming towards its finish line, and while I am tired and my voice is starting to give out, I am so determined to win this election and continue the program for pragmatic progressive reform that I began in June last year.

Being elected by you as President has been the great honour of my life. So last November, instead of giving you an inactive and ineffective president, I chose to not seek your endorsement for another term. It was a difficult choice, but I believe the right one.

But I believe the time is right to get our agenda going again.

I wanted to take this opportunity, before my voice goes completely, to talk about healthcare.

During the debate, we were asked how to address the issue of healthcare in Atlasia for the future. I believe our position shows both our commitment to public healthcare along with our commitment to ensure that it remains solvent and effective for decades to come.

We must ensure that every man, woman and child in Atlasia has access to healthcare that is not just adequate, but world class. Like in education, some, even some in my own party want to privatise our health system. While I understand their concerns and their issues, in fact, I share them, but we can protect our health system for the future without having to give up on it.

However, we also need to be realistic, we are about to head into a period where the population over 60 will sky-rocket, with an increasingly aging population, the result will be tremendous pressure on our public system. Like in many things, we do not believe the answer to this is to continue to increase the payroll tax. This is inefficient and doesn't address the core problem. For those who are very financially comfortable, we may need look at what they are able to cover themselves. The exact how of those reforms will need to worked out with the Senate should we be elected. However, I will never give up on the Atlasian public health system.

During the debate Earl made an excellent point that I was remiss for not bringing up myself. We treat our health system as a method to handle our bodies when something goes wrong. We don't spend anywhere near enough time using our health system to promote health. A little money at the front-end to promote a healthier society, will save us an absolute fortune down the track. As they say, prevention is better than cure.

This election is only days away, and every vote and preference will matter. I want to thank you all for coming out and I hope we've been able to convince you that we are ready to provide stable leadership for Atlasia during this time of flux and change, and guiding it towards a brighter future.

Thank you all!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #276 on: February 15, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »

POLNUT!!!!!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2012, 06:55:34 AM »

Hudson Theatre
New York City, New York

I have decided to make this one extra visit in order to speak with you all at this very important time.

This election is a test of this new electoral system, the Atlasian people are fortunate to have such a tremendous choice. However, we believe there are clear choices.

This ticket crosses the political spectrum. This is a ticket devoted to uniting this country in order to make sure the advances so far are maintained and strengthened for the future.

We have clear policies that provide for cutting wasteful spending, strengthening our vital social services and reducing the burden of our debt. We are the only ticket to outline such a clear plan. This is a plan that carries on the tax reforms I put in place during my term as president.

This ticket provided clear options for climate change, for a healthcare system that is effective and vital into the future, a plan to continue a positive foreign policy, as well as a policy that creates a public broadcaster.

I will also ensure that the Game Reform Panel I created during my term will be re-instated and will be fully backed by the White House.

I want you all to ask yourself who is ready to get working from day one? Who has the experience to provide stable leadership during this time of flux and who is ready to work every day to make sure that Atlasia is strong into the future!

I know some have already voted, but I hope you will come to the conclusion that this ticket is not able willing but the most able ticket to address the real issues Atlasia faces... thank you all!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »

Well, the election is fully underway! I urge you all to vote Polnut/Tmth for an active and stable future. Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »

I want to thank those who have already voted for us, and also those who have given us a high preference.

This election will be close, there is no doubt of that, every single vote matters. We need votes from the left, from the centre and from the pragmatic right.

We are about results and we are about activity.

So if you haven't voted and want active and engaged leadership, backed by the experience of getting things done and making the hard decisions, I urge you to consider Polnut/Tmth.

Thanks everyone!!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »

Just a quick note to thank everyone for their votes and preferences so far.

This election still has time to run and despite how it may appear at the moment, we are not complacent. There are a lot of outstanding voters, so this election won't be decided until the polls close on Sunday night.

We are in this election to win it, and we will keep working until the end.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »

I want to echo ZuWo's call for everyone to make sure they come out and vote.

This election will go down to the wire and everyone needs to let their voice be heard, regardless of how you vote.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2012, 04:03:18 PM »

This election is a testament to how Atlasia is changing.

Let's all try to make sure all possible voices are heard, the public makes their decision and whatever it is, that it is respected and celebrated as a part of our renewed robust democracy.

I won't be making any further public statements until after the polls close, it's in the hands of the people now Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20:52 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President-elect. Grin
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2012, 12:22:18 AM »

Woooooo! Grin

Fireworks!

On behalf of the entire Liberal Party, congratulations, Mr. President-elect! Grin

It was a long, hard fight, but we did it in the end!

Best of luck for your new term. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2012, 12:24:25 AM »

Congratulations, Polnut. I had very little doubt you would win. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:46 AM »

The best thing about this is not just your wonderful, hard-fought and much-deserved victory, but the fact that those of us in the party can now rest and stop PMing people incessantly. Tongue

*collapses on table*
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »

Thank you to everyone who voted for us, and worked to get us to this point. Smiley It is extremely appreciated.

Not sure when President-elect Polnut's speech will come, but I'll be making some remarks sometime tomorrow.

Once again, thanks to you all!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2012, 12:33:40 AM »

Congratulations Polnut and Tmth!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2012, 12:35:09 AM »

I wanted to take this opportunity to make a very brief statement.

I want first note my fellow candidates running, this was a very close race and this was still a positive race. There were no bad choices, just markedly different ones.

I want to thank my running-mate for his work during the campaign.

This was a tough-slog, but it's worth the effort.

This was also a big night for the Liberal Party, with a new Northeast Senator, Governor and a good whack in the Assembly!

I can promise I will try to be less annoying this time, but I see the president as having a bigger role besides assembling a cabinet and signing Bills.

I will speak a bit more later on, but all I can say to those who voted for us or gave us a high-preference, thank you so much. For those who didn't vote for us, I will do all I can to earn your trust.

The work begins tomorrow, thank you and Dave bless.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #290 on: February 20, 2012, 04:48:18 AM »

Congratulations for your win. Smiley You were a great President and I'm sure your second term will be as good as your first one. Wink
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2012, 11:27:44 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President and Mr. Vice President Smiley I'm happy to say I supported this ticket and I'm happy to say that both candidates mentored me as a politician Smiley Onward!
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2012, 11:56:23 AM »

And *hughughug* from the Midwest. Smiley
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »

Congratulations on your election, Senator Mr. President.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »

Announcements on Cabinet recommendations will be made over the weekend.

Anyone interested in serving, please contact me by Friday.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »

I would also like to take a moment to thank certain people.

First and foremost, I would like to thank Polnut for selecting me as his Vice President. It's been an honor to campaign with him, and it'll be an honor to serve with him.

I'd also like to give special thanks to our opponents in the race - this was a very competitive race, and I think the biggest winner in this election is Atlasia - we had a competitive Presidential election and we're getting an active and committed administration. Everyone was a great sport.

Most importantly, I'd like to thank our supporters - without you, I wouldn't be typing this right now. Thank you for your confidence in us. For those who didn't vote for us, I hope that we can soon earn your confidence.

The next four months will be a critical time for our nation, and I look forward to working with President Polnut, our administration, and the people in making it as enjoyable and excellent as possible. This is just the beginning!

Thank you!

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: February 23, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »

The Office of the President-elect

Boston, Massachusetts

I have asked Homelycooking to continue to serve as both Registrar-General and Secretary of Federal Elections.

He has performed in an exemplary fashion since taking on these two tough jobs, and I'm confident he will continue to do so.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #297 on: February 23, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »

Though you were not my first choice, congrats on your victory. I hope we can get stuff done over the next 4 months.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »

Congratulations!  Grin
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »

Though you were not my first choice, congrats on your victory. I hope we can get stuff done over the next 4 months.

People should be more bitter in political defeat.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies