The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:29:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95409 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: March 06, 2015, 08:28:39 AM »

The goal of our work is not saying "Polnut is a bad Senator". Our goal is to inform the people on:

- how many votes were missed by a Senator;
- how a Senator is close to another Senator;
- how a Senator is conservative or progressive.

Nothing more. It is not our fault if a Senator missed 0% or 4% or 40% or 80% of the votes.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #701 on: March 06, 2015, 08:45:22 AM »

Guys - my peace on this issue has been said. I want to move onto the work the Atlasian people expect ALL of us to be doing.

I'd appreciate if further talk of this went elsewhere.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #702 on: March 07, 2015, 09:50:51 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

The coming weeks

Senator Polnut wishes to pass on his best wishes to his friend and colleague, Vice President Bacon King.

I want to thank him for his service over many years. He knew when his time was up, and it takes a lot to know when to walk away with your head held high.

The next few weeks will be busy, with a number of detailed Bills being put before the Senate, as well as an election to fill the at-large seat of Senator Bacon King, and the general campaign for at-large Senate in April.

Senator Polnut is looking forward to the campaign beginning in earnest, as a chance for those running to show what they, as individuals, bring or have brought to the table. It is expected that the official campaign launch will take place in Chicago around 20 March.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #703 on: March 10, 2015, 04:56:21 AM »

Recommendations

1. The Federal Government to put more resources into supporting existing communities affected by large-scale incarceration.

2. The Federal Government to put more resources into the public legal system, up to and including direct subsidies for private legal bodies to participate in public defense processes.

3. The Federal Government to make legislation to remove prisoners placed into incarceration under Federal laws, to be removed from for-profit-prisons - also that for-profit-prisons to be banned under the Federal legal system within 2 years.

4. Support to be given to the regions to enable them to transition back to systems controlled and run completely by the regional government. This will end the private prison system, within a reasonable time-frame.

5. The Federal Government should undertake a full stock-take of crimes, and identify crimes that should be treated under rehabilitation and other practices that do not include incarceration.

6. The Federal Government should put in place legislation to ensure that minors are not placed in adult detention, under any circumstances, and that those who commit crimes under the age of 18 are not automatically placed into adult detention without a complete assessment (with the exception of extreme crimes against the person).
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #704 on: March 14, 2015, 01:54:00 AM »

This will be my only public comment during this election. As whomever will be elected will be serving with me in the Senate we need people who will be constructive. People who will contribute to debate and build a working knowledge quickly.

My votes for Foucaulf and Adam Griffin, in that order, are my endorsements. Now, I don't always agree with what both of this guys advocate for, but I believe these would be the candidates who would bring the most to this Senate.

Despite some of Foucaulf's positions, I believe strongly that if we want to retain a progressive and productive Senate, then I urge you to support Foucaulf and preference Adam Griffin.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #705 on: March 14, 2015, 09:39:33 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Attack on DoFE

Senator Polnut has condemned the attack on the Department of Federal Elections.

I am horrified by the cowardly and brutal assault on our Department of Federal Elections. This monstrosity will not go unpunished. I send my sympathies and best wishes to the loved ones of those public servants killed.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: March 16, 2015, 02:11:41 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Election Results

Senator Polnut tonight congratulates Adam Griffin on his victory in the special at-large election. He looks forward to working with him to further positive and constructive measures to help all Atlasians.

He also sends best wishes to Mr Foucaulf and hopes he remains active and engaged in Atlasian politics.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #707 on: March 17, 2015, 11:43:50 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Campaign launch

Senator Polnut will officially launch his re-election campaign Wednesday evening in the Grand Ballroom of Navy Pier in Chicago.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #708 on: March 18, 2015, 06:55:49 PM »

Grand Ballroom, Navy Pier - Chicago, IL

My fellow Atlasians,

I am so pleased to be here in Chicago, my former home town. In my two recent campaigns for At-Large Senate, I have launched them in Boston. But this campaign is different, because, win or lose, this will be my last campaign. I have been honoured to have been elected by the people as a Governor, a representative, as president twice and now, this will be my final campaign for at-large Senate. I feel it is appropriate my final election campaign kicks off where my first campaign did, here in the Mideast.

I am asking the Atlasian people for their endorsement for one final term to serve them in the Senate. I have been driven by delivering real and concrete results for all Atlasians, from my first campaign many years ago, this final campaign and term will be no different. I will put my record of legislative achievement to be judged by history.

There is still so much we have left to do. We need to make prison reforms a reality. We need to direct more resources to help those who are escaping domestic violence. We need to be realistic about our place in the world. I am pledging to work to get real and tangible products in place. I am pledging to spend one final term to get the work done.  These areas will be my priorities going forward. I won’t waste time on existential crises, but I will be driving real policy reforms.

I have advocated for increasing our support for carers of the disabled, to support those who wish to boost our biodiversity and protect our environment. I have worked with my colleagues to turn unworkable Bills into realistic and practical legislation to boost the lives of the Atlasian people. What I am most proud of this term, is that we have taken real steps to ensure that Atlasians do not have to take on commercial debt to go to college. Every person who has the academic qualifications should have access without being weighed down by debt or being chased by debt collectors when they graduate. This is an investment in the future of our nation and I am proud to have introduced the amendments to make this a reality. But the work is not yet done, we need to make sure that those currently weighed down with existing personal debt are given relief and a better path for the future.

This final term will be about what my political life has always been about, improving the lives of the Atlasian people. I will engage on game reform debates, if they are a means to an end, not an end in themselves. They are not an excuse to avoid taking stands on policy. I believe that you who send us to the Senate expect us to do the right thing and put you first. We are too driven by ideological purity and often, in order to avoid conflicts and the original Atlasian sin ‘being a moderate hero’, people hide in debates about game reform.  I have been in opposition to my side of politics more often than they or I would like to remember. This wasn’t driven by being a contrarian, I have always believed that policy should be based on what the evidence says, not based on a theory that we’ve just read in a textbook or a pamphlet. If it was a good idea or candidate they were supported, otherwise, no.

I believe we should all demand our political representatives and those behind them, be driven by the impacts they wish to have on the lives of all Atlasians. If you’re a regional senator, then you should care about all those you represent, even those who didn’t vote for you. That’s especially the case for an at-large Senator. We represent all of you and all of your concerns. So much more should be expected of us, and you should demand it from us. Being an active Senator is more than just putting your hand up and voting, it’s about sticking your neck and your values out there and making clear what you really believe and what you’re going to do about it.

I actually want to note my colleague Senator TNF here. We fundamentally agree about the need to ensure that the workers of Atlasia are respected, we just come from different places. But love him or loathe him, Senator TNF takes the risks to make his views known. I know I talked a lot about being focused on evidence, but your passions and your views matter just as much. I’m not a fire-brand like TNF, but I believe you’ve seen where my passions lie, environmental sustainability, support for the disabled, increasing opportunity for education for all and using our power and authority in a positive way around the world.  I don’t believe in revolutionary change but I do believe in sensible and practical reforms. It’s not as exciting or sexy, but guess what? It gets the job done.

You know me, and you know where I stand. It is a bit concerning to me, that I have colleagues about whom I know next to nothing about their actual views on policy. Voting aye or nay on something isn’t a policy decision, it’s typing three letters. Arguing about the structure and format of an amendment isn’t a debate on substance, it’s a debate on style. I hope this election will enable my colleagues and those others running to bring to the surface what they actually believe in and what they will use this incredible honour to do. What are your values? What do you care about? The voters deserve no less.

I look forward to meeting so many of you over the next month, I am asking all Atlasians to get involved in a conversation about the future and I am asking for your support.

Thank you and Dave bless.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #709 on: March 18, 2015, 11:42:18 PM »

The last time you "retired", the place went to hell in a hand basket. Tongue

You know me, and you know where I stand. It is a bit concerning to me, that I have colleagues about whom I know next to nothing about their actual views on policy.

The people deserve an open and honest campaign stating where you are even every election, regarding of opposition or not. Even in spite of immense limitations, I always campaigned on the issues I viewed as priorities even whilst unopposed precisely so that new people could get a sense of what I was about and those older folks knew I wasn't losing track of what I was elected to do in the first place. Whenever we get away from that it harms the game in my opinion since we are an elections game and campaigns are a critical aspect of that.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #710 on: March 20, 2015, 12:05:01 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 02:14:32 AM by Senator Polnut »

Campaign Schedule

Tuesday 24 March
- Austin TX, Denver CO, Santa Fe NM

Thursday 26 March
- Orlando FL , Norfolk VA, Raleigh NC

Wednesday 1 April
- New York City NY, New Haven CT

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #711 on: March 24, 2015, 08:55:59 PM »

Folsom Field - University of Colorado, Boulder CO

Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm very happy to be with you all this evening here in Boulder.

I was thinking what I would say here tonight. There are so many issues that we need to have a national conversation about. But I thought, I would speak from my heart about a very controversial Bill before the Senate right now that I feel, I need to speak out about.

The Policing the Police Bill, submitted by my colleague, and your regional senator TNF, has elicited quite spirited debate. But from the outset, I've been deeply troubled by the not the only the content of this Bill, but the spirit in which it was offered. Senator TNF has even used the term 'pigs' in Senate debate, something I believe to be highly inappropriate. This Bill is not designed to reform the Police to enable them to do their difficult jobs properly nor to improve the professionalism, it is a Bill designed to punish the police forces of this nation. This is one fundamental reason why I oppose this Bill. It is not interested in delivering constructive reforms, it is an hysterical and hyperbolic response to issues that need our attention, but at the same time, weakening the capacity for true reforms. Especially since the Federal Government has next to nothing to do with local policing, nor should we.

The second fundamental concern is that by supporting this Bill, I would be turning my back on something that I believe strongly. The administration of law and justice should not be subject to the whims of public opinion. From my earliest days, I have opposed the popular election of judicial and law-enforcement positions. We need the administration of our most basic freedoms and rights to be done by those best qualified, nothing less and nothing more. I understand that some out there feel that democractising the appointment of these positions increases accountability and transparency. But studies have shown that while there is generally good and reasonable administration, it cannot escape the realities of modern politics. Money, favours and popularity. We know that popularly elected Judges hand down harsher and higher-profile sentences in lead up to elections. Judicial authority should be based on who the best jurist available is, not the person who can claim to have the most people to prison for longer.

I find it so strange, that the same people advocating for this Bill, which only strengthens the roles of this elected judicial and law-enforcement officers, the same people who arrest and imprison more people for popularity are the same people who believe in reducing the prison population and reducing the number of people involved in the judicial process. I feel so strongly about this point that if re-elected, I will be moving an amendment to our constitution that will ban the election of judicial and law-enforcement officials. Those appointments should be based on merit and their qualifications, not their ability to generate fundraising and votes.

The body of this Bill is equally problematic. As someone with hard-working and dedicated police officers in my family, this attack on the integrity of all officers is deeply offensive. Is anyone suggesting that we don't have issues in our law-enforcement agencies? Of course not. Is anyone suggesting that police officers are all angels? No. The law enforcement community is no different to any other body that has gained authority, money or both. Whether it is the Church, the Military, the union movement or the law-enforcement community, these circumstances breed unpleasant situations, where corruption and derelictions of responsibility occur. If you're interested in dealing with those issues, I'm there right behind you to address it. It helps the police to do their jobs. But don't present me with an unworkable, unrealistic and unfair Bill that only seeks to punish all police officers for the sins of a few. Most of these officers come from working class backgrounds, many from the communities in which they were born and raised. We need to support them to do the job we ask of them, not attack and undermine.

As you know, this will be my last campaign for elected office. I want to make sure that this campaign speaks to what I am passionate about and so will my final term in elected office. I want to get things done that work, that based on evidence and reality. But it can't happen without you all, thank you good night!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #712 on: March 26, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2015, 07:06:37 PM by Senator Polnut »

Reynolds Colosseum, North Carolina State University - Raleigh NC

Hello North Carolina!

Thanks for taking time on your very valuable Thursday night to come out and talk about what we can do together in the Senate.

Before I get into what I want to talk about tonight – I just want to start with this point. There’s a lot of scuttlebutt going on around the Police Bill I spoke about on Tuesday night in Boulder. Let me make this very clear and very plain. There is a lot of defensive rhetoric flying around but none of it defends the Bill or its content. It only seeks to attack those of us who dare to try to make something workable out this thing. I won’t play a game of moving goalposts, because the reality is, its smoke and mirrors. This a bad Bill and it should be pulled on that basis alone. You want to address issues in the police force, I’m there, and there are issues to address. But I won’t support a Bill whose intention is to cripple the ability of our first defenders to act in times of crisis. There are many of my colleagues who have tried valiantly to make something good out of this, but how has it been received? With name-calling. This Bill should be pulled because it’s a bad Bill and those of us who want to work towards something decent should take the reins. Let there be no mistake, if this Bill is pulled, it won’t be our fault.

But let’s move onto something positive we’ve actually done together. One thing I have been personally passionate about is ensuring all Atlasians have access to high-quality education. I am so proud that this year we will put in place a system to enable students who qualify academically to enter a public university will no longer have to take out private loans. That means that students will not be placed in the terrible position of being hounded by debt collectors from the moment they graduate. Students will be able to borrow funds for their tuition from the Government and repay that money once they graduate through a levy on your income taxes and most importantly of all, this will not be commercial debt. There will be no need for parental guarantees, there will be no credit checks and there will be no impact on your financial future because you have decided to invest in your education.

The amendments I introduced also placed caps on how much Universities can charge you for your courses. This means that all students in public universities will know in advance how much they will be charged and it creates a price signal in the market to make a college education available to more people.

But the job is not yet done. We still have students, I’m sure many here today… in fact, hands up if you’ve got private debt? Yeah. While we are transitioning existing public loans to this new program, we need to help those out there with private debt to escape the trap. If re-elected, I will be submitting legislation to put in place a realistic timetable to get your futures back in your hands and out of the whims of the private finance industry.

We need those in universities to be the best and the brightest, not the best funded. We need those who want to make a difference, our future teachers, doctors and scientists to come from all walks of life. We need to make sure that those students are not discouraged from entering, nor forced out of the system because of financial demands.

This isn't driven by zeal or fire, they're driven by doing what's right through thoughtful and sensible reforms. This is what we need in the Senate, more people who are driven by their passions, but committed to doing what we know will actually work. Guess what, no matter how much you believe in a policy or a program, if it doesn't exist two years later, it's bad policy. We need things that last the distance.

The work is beginning and the direction is positive, but this is only a first step and there’s much left to do. I am passionate about this and the future of this country, as I have been from my first campaign. In my last campaign, that resolve is strong but I need your help and your support. Thanks so much and good night!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #713 on: March 30, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 02:15:39 AM by Senator Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

Illness

Unfortunately due to an illness, Senator Polnut has been placed on limited duties over the coming days.

He apologies for the schedule changes, but will be back on the campaign trail shortly.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #714 on: March 30, 2015, 05:54:27 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that.
Take care of yourself.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #715 on: April 01, 2015, 07:44:27 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 07:47:56 PM by Senator Polnut »

Washington Square Park - New York City NY

Hello everyone!

I'm very happy that you're here with me today. Firstly, I want to apologise for not being here last weekend, unfortunately we're all human and my doctor told me to rest. But I'm here, well and ready to carry on the fight for this election.

Some of you may know that the Senate undertook work to determine what the future of our prison system should be. We did a lot of work and came out with some alarming, but important findings and recommendations. The most alarming, although, sadly, least surprising finding is that our prison system is fundamentally broken.

We send far too many people to prison for petty and victimless crimes. We send people to prisons who have the capacity for rehabilitation. We have been more interested in punishing people, sometimes disproportionate to their crimes, rather than take the time and effort to get the penalty right.  A big reason for this is the increased privatisation of the operation of prisons. It is a growth industry, despite the fact, that the crime rate is dropping. Does that make sense to anyone?

We also have clear and overt discrimination when it comes to treatment under the law of people of colour and those from lower socio-economic backgrounds. This isn't hand-wringing or pearl-clutching. If you have a system in which the people being punished for committing crimes are not reflective of those who are committing crimes, then we have a huge problem.

This isn't a case of the Feds doing all the work here, much of this comes down to regional and local government. Like the questions I am asking about the Police Bill before the Senate, I am not going to create Federal overreach that risks being overturned. I believe in respecting the roles and responsibilities of all levels of government. Therefore what we do next will and must be a partnership.

If re-elected, I will be proposing a series of reforms for the consideration of my colleagues. These measures including, removing custodial penalties from a number of Federal victimless crimes, increasing the funding available to public defenders and increasing the benefits for private law bodies to become involved in public defence projects. I will be proposing that any Federal prison that is operated by a private body, will be returned to the full control of the Federal Government. Finally, we will work with the regions to get them back at the helm of their prison systems and making sure that putting people in prison is not a profitable enterprise. But a serious responsibility about the safety of the state and our people, therefore it should be run by those accountable to the people.

None of this happens without you and your support. Make no mistakes, this election will be very close and no vote and no preferences can be taken for granted. If you have any questions, I urge you to get in touch.

Thank you and good night!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #716 on: April 05, 2015, 11:15:23 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2015, 09:13:24 AM by Senator Polnut »

Campaign Schedule

Tuesday 7 April
- Los Angeles, San Francisco CA - Vancouver BC

Wednesday 8 April
- St Louis MO, Milwaukee, Madison WI

Sunday 12 April
- Toronto ON, Detriot MI, Cincinnati OH

Monday 13 April
- Louisville KY, Nashville TN, Charleston SC

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: April 08, 2015, 08:03:01 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Police Bill

Senator Polnut will be producing significant amendments to the Bill before the Senate on police matters. He has always been concerned about the fundamental constitutionality of this Bill and is pleased that fellow Senators are considering this important element.

The amendments will not only remove elements that are superfluous and disrespectful of the vast majority of police officers who dedicate their lives to the public, but will be based on ensuring that they are not bound to be thrown out in an inevitable court challenge. Senator Polnut wants this Bill to deliver positive benefits to the whole community and providing a balance between transparency and accountability and ensuring the ability of the police to do their job as we need them to, is not undermined.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #718 on: April 09, 2015, 01:24:43 AM »
« Edited: April 09, 2015, 01:26:14 AM by Senator Polnut »

Westin Grand Hotel - Vancouver BC

Hello Vancouver

I'm so happy to here tonight in my first campaign visit to British Columbia. Before our union, one thing that was very envious here on the Canadian side of the border was the public investment in arts and culture. Looking at the developments at Coal Harbour, you can see where you end up, when as a society, we don't treat the arts as a luxury or an exclusive bastion of the wealthy. Our arts and culture reflect all of us, good and bad and we should do much more to support and encourage a greater connection.

During my presidency, I advocated for the creation of a publicly funded Atlasian National Broadcaster, with a clear mission. To highlight Atlasian creativity through high-quality local productions that aren't driven by advertising need and massive ratings. I am proud that we saw fresh life in the associated industries by this reform. In the past I have supported increasing the exposure of our young people to art and culture. Now, this should just mean locking kids up in a bus and shuttling them to a gallery or a play. But about understanding and embracing their local cultures and encouraging curiosity in the wider world.

If re-elected, I will be pursuing a new set of reforms for art and culture in this country. Every political movement, good and bad, every social change we have seen over the years, has had some of its most passionate messages delivered through the arts. Again, this is not about subsidising people like me to go to another opening night. It's about making sure that the arts is not an after-thought, that it is reflective of all of us in our society. It's about making sure that we leave as potent and indelible a mark on this country as previous generations have.

Before I go, I want to touch on a few issues that have emerged over the past few days. Firstly, I condemn the commit myself to just punishment for those who attacked our embassy and killed a good representative of the Atlasian people. We have done a tremendous job in our fight against rampant and mindless terror, but the threats against the South East Legislature mean that we cannot take one set of good news and then for granted.

This election is soon to come upon us. Don't listen to polls, this will be close and every single vote and every single preference will matter. I have never taken the voters of Atlasia for granted and I'm not starting today. This is my last campaign in Atlasia, I have been honoured by the support shown here and at every event I have been to in the last few years. But I end tonight by saying this. Nothing I have done, has happened without you. I need your support, your help and your vote.

If you want a clear agenda focused on the future of this country, then I ask all Atlasians, whatever their party, ideology ... join with me to make those changes we need.

Thank you all, Dave Bless!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: April 09, 2015, 10:44:20 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Police Bill amendments

Senator Polnut tonight released proposed amendments to the Police Bill currently before the Senate. He is committed to ensuring that any measure presented to the people on this matter is not only constitutionally sound, but addresses clear issues and presents clear solutions. This Bill should be about improving the performance of our law-enforcement, not overreach and overreactions that will cripple their ability to their jobs.

This Bill will provide additional funding to the regions, with clear conditions attached. These include quarantining funding for the provision of training, ensuring that funding is directed at non-lethal equipment and the provision of camera-badge technology.

It also ensures that regions have independent bodies that investigate allegations of misconduct and that regions have enshrined in legislation the differentiation between reasonable engagement for law-enforcement purposes and entrapment.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #720 on: April 10, 2015, 09:24:01 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Final week of the Campaign

The final few days of Senator Polnut's final campaign will be dedicated to those issues he is most passionate about. From Thursday he will travel by bus and train from Richmond VA to Boston MA. He will outline clear plans to address issues that are his driving forces- the environment and helping the most vulnerable.

There will be announcements on priorities to address domestic violence prevention and management, further support for the disabled and real tangible plans to improve our environment - both an extension of his passed Bill on biodiversity but new measures to deal with industrial reform and renewal. It is Senator Polnut's view that a greener economy is based on encouraging innovation and creativity.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #721 on: April 11, 2015, 12:17:56 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Unscheduled stop

Senator Polnut, this evening, attended a fundraising BBQ outside Atlanta GA for a local disablilty respite centre. His remarks and a policy announcement will  be released over the coming hours.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #722 on: April 11, 2015, 02:02:04 AM »

Remarks

Thanks so much for inviting me along this evening.

This centre is so important for many families in this area. And it's just one of many in this area, this region and nation-wide.

All of you here sacrifice so much to care that those that mean the world to you. This isn't done because you're asking for thanks or for Government hand outs. You're doing it out of love. I know from my own experience how hard you all work and how much more help you need from us in Government.

I know I'm here on a campaign trip and I don't want you to think I'm here for your vote. But you know my commitment to give you as much help as we can. I can't begin to tell you how terrible I felt that I couldn't deliver the special support I wanted to make sure you had access to. We have delivered some support increases. But I want to assure you, it's not enough and I know that. Again, I know you don't do this for the support, but because I've seen how hard you all work and your dedication, while I can't make promises about what specifically we can do, if re-elected, I won't leave the Senate without doing more for you.

I've seen some of those others running keep using the word 'radical' like its a means to an end. I mean, the reforms I've led while in the Senate, like the complete overhaul of University funding are hardly small-target initiatives. If radical reforms are needed, I'll advocate and back them, if they're not, I'm not going to waste time if a more sensible path can be found.

I'm going to leave you to enjoy your dinner, but thank you again.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #723 on: April 11, 2015, 06:04:29 AM »

Remarks

Thanks so much for inviting me along this evening.

This centre is so important for many families in this area. And it's just one of many in this area, this region and nation-wide.

All of you here sacrifice so much to care that those that mean the world to you. This isn't done because you're asking for thanks or for Government hand outs. You're doing it out of love. I know from my own experience how hard you all work and how much more help you need from us in Government.

I know I'm here on a campaign trip and I don't want you to think I'm here for your vote. But you know my commitment to give you as much help as we can. I can't begin to tell you how terrible I felt that I couldn't deliver the special support I wanted to make sure you had access to. We have delivered some support increases. But I want to assure you, it's not enough and I know that. Again, I know you don't do this for the support, but because I've seen how hard you all work and your dedication, while I can't make promises about what specifically we can do, if re-elected, I won't leave the Senate without doing more for you.

I've seen some of those others running keep using the word 'radical' like its a means to an end. I mean, the reforms I've led while in the Senate, like the complete overhaul of University funding are hardly small-target initiatives. If radical reforms are needed, I'll advocate and back them, if they're not, I'm not going to waste time if a more sensible path can be found.

I'm going to leave you to enjoy your dinner, but thank you again.

You noticed I like the word radical Tongue

. You may look at this and think it's a radical agenda.... 'Friends, I've always said that I want to be radical in my approach to politics...We've manage to achieve a great deal with our energy policies in the past but I believe that we can be even more radical...What I hereby propose, is a radical post-war strategy...

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #724 on: April 11, 2015, 06:07:36 AM »

Indeed I have Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32  
« previous next »
Jump to: