The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:35:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95545 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2011, 11:40:53 PM »

I'm not sure if keeping the troops in Afghanistan until 2012 have any sense. Our involvement here won't bring any results anyway.

It's for logistical reasons, but as I said, I will act on military advice, but 2012 is the latest I will accept.

Personally, I'd like to see something substantive from the GM about what's been going on for the past seven years in Iraq and Afghanistan before we make any specific plans. The international situation in the Atlasia-verse could easily be very different from RL.

This would be helpful, to determine a more detailed policy on that front.
That's down the line.  I could really use a SoIA to help with the workload that this budget situation has turned out to be.  Who do you have in mind for SoIA (and any other cabinet positions you might like to share)?

While it would be silly to engage in too much active consideration before the election I do have some idea of who I would ask to serve in my Cabinet should I have the honour of being able to assemble one.

But while the ideas are pretty preliminary - it's best that I leave out disclosing any specifics at this point.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2011, 11:30:44 PM »

CAMPAIGN UPDATE

Governor Polnut will be making a public statement on his mental health policy, tomorrow evening in Los Angeles.

He also asks for any further specific questions that might be forthcoming.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2011, 10:11:38 PM »

The Pauley Pavilion
The University of California, Los Angeles

Good evening LA!!

We are ... almost a week away from this election, it's funny, I swear I'm having deja vu... could've sworn I said something identical a week ago...

Anyway, timing issues aside, the time for all of us to exercise our most important civic responsibility is almost here.

So far, in the long-running debate between myself and my opponent you have seen clear differences in our approaches. I am offering clear goals for this country, with specific policies to achieve them.

I am proposing; a policy to help secure and maintain our economy for the future, a set of policies to engage Atlasia with the rest of the world, meaningful reforms for the Cabinet, making the Vice-Presidency a job with real guts, a promise to create a panel to provide for more extensive game reforms, among others. These are real policies, driven by pragmatism, driven by the desire to make this country strong again.

One area I want to speak about is mental health.

The stigma attached to mental illness is, to be frank, utterly ridiculous. 20% of the population will at one time suffer from a genuine mental illness. The perception that they are dangerous or unstable or just risky is brutally unfair. We have gone a long way from the days where people with mental illnesses were considered possessed, and often suffered brutal punishments and even death.

But, we have not gone far enough.

When I was Mideast Governor, I created the first coordinated mental-health program in the country. This included:

* a public education program
* providing more support for medical professionals in their diagnosis and treatment of mental illness
* constructing additional dedicated treatment centres

But, I know these issues are costly, and now we need to make difficult financial choices. I will work with the SoIA, the GM and the Senate to put in place the most beneficial elements as quickly as possible.

We have a responsibility to our fellow Atlasians, many of whom are suffering in shame, in the shadows, when they don't need to. We need to do so much more, and I hope that in time, this series of steps will be able to make a change across the country.

But as I keep saying, this for me, is not a campaign about left or right, conservative or liberal... I want all Atlasians, regardless of their stripe to join in this campaign. Because, in the end, it should all be about you. What kind of country do we want to leave to those that follow us? What can we all do now together to make changes for the future?

None of this happens without your vote, so please, when the time comes, please consider which of the tickets is ready to govern with a strong and pragmatic, but future-focused platform from day one... thank you all so much!!!

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »

CAMPAIGN UPDATE

FINAL WEEK - Campaign Schedule

Monday 20 June
- San Francisco, CA - Houston, TX -

Tuesday  21 June
- Miami, FL 

Wednesday 22 June
- Richmond, VA - New York City, NY - Bangor ME

Thursday 23 June
- Boston, MA - Chicago, IL

Friday 24 June
- Portland OR - Seattle WA

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2011, 05:43:47 AM »

Rice University
Houston, Texas

Good evening Houston!!

We are really... finally in the last stretch of this campaign.

I've just come from San Francisco after flying in from Honolulu early this morning, so if my voice goes, you'll understand why.

This is a time where I believe the Atlasian people have a clear choice when it comes to who will be their next president. I have, from the start of this campaign, worked with a pragmatic program.

I am here because I believe I can be the president this country needs.

We need a plan to fix the economy, get more people into permanent jobs. We need a plan to engage more with the wider world. We need a plan to reform our country to help it work better for all of us, as well as bring those reforms about in a pragmatic way. We need a plan to address mental illness and we need a plan to encourage a more inclusive society where everyone can fulfill their own potential and live a happy life.

What it comes down to is we all need a plan. There is only one ticket that has concrete, workable and future-driven plans for this country.

So I want to humbly ask all Atlasians to consider which of these tickets will be able to bring about change? Who will have the vision and the discipline we need to address some massive issues we face?

So as we head toward the final stretch, I ask you all to ask yourself those important questions, and if you feel that the ticket of Polnut and Bacon King is ready to bring about positive change for this country, then I ask for your vote this weekend.

Thank you all so much!!!...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2011, 08:28:23 AM »

Boston Common
Boston, Massachusetts

Thank you... thanks everyone...

It's so great to be back in Beantown....

I'm here today, for a very simple reason... I'm here to ask for your vote.

The election booth will open very shortly and you will have 3 days in which to undertake your most important civic duty.

I have crossed, in-fact, cris-crossed the country for the last 7 weeks, talking with you about my hopes and dreams for this country and you have shared yours with me, and also most importantly what we can do together to bring about change in this country to solve the many problems we have to face.

Yes, we have tremendous difficulties to face, but throughout all of that, the capacity for hope and opportunities that have been presented to us must not be lost.

I have presented a clear series of plans to address what I see as our key problems, the economy, reforms within Government, engagement with the wider world and mental health reforms.

I want to take this moment to speak to those out there who are yet to make up their minds. This election is a crucial time for Atlasia, how this country proceeds in the next year will be determined, I believe by this election. I am asking for your support to make this country work well for everyone. Now, am I the type who gets his 'jollies' by advocating constant overhauls and radical reform for the sake of it? No. I am someone who is reasonable and evidence-driven. If I am presented with an option, I expect evidence to support its implementation. That is the way I work.

I also want to speak to those who would support others, I respect that there are often stark political disagreements, but I believe we need a government of national renewal. I am here, as the endorsed candidate of the JCP and the UDL and I am deeply appreciative of the support of  the Atlasian progressive movement. But this campaign is not just about the progressives of this country. If you want a country that is strong, a country that creates opportunities and a country that takes its place in the world, then I humbly ask for you support.

I promise, that if I'm elected your next president, I will always remember that the president governs for the advancement of all.

But none of this happens without your vote, so please, get out there, practice this great right and responsibility! We can change Atlasia together!!

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2011, 03:12:56 AM »

I'm on vacation this weekend, so internet access is limited, but I just wanted to encourage all our supporters to go and vote!

If you're concerned about our nation and want a capable, pragmatic, dedicated President to guide Atlasia then Polnut is your man.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »

I am deeply disturbed by allegations of vote fraud in Northeast Senate race, and I believe this should be fully investigated.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2011, 09:47:07 AM »

I am deeply disturbed by allegations of vote fraud in Northeast Senate race, and I believe this should be fully investigated.

Trust me, it will be.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »

Statement from Vice Presidential Candidate Mechaman:

Watching the returns so far it has become apparent that short of a miracle or John Cena (wrestling fans will get the joke) like turn around that Teddy and I have most likely lost the election in a landslide.  I have to say that I am greatly humbled by how well we did in this race, admittedly I have never been one who many would expect to garner more than 10% of the vote, much less get over 30%.  I feel, though, even if Teddy and I have been more perservant in this election in campaigning we still would've lost.  Frankly I'm surprised we got over 30% with how lazy both of us were over the past month.
With all of that pondering out of the way I must congratulate Polnut and BaconKing on their success.  I would like to say that if we lost handily to anybody at least we lost it to the right ticket.  I have all the respect in the world for Polnut for proven stance on reform, and although it is not as radical as I would hope for it is a step in the right direction.  BaconKing is also somebody I have a lot of respect for and I know he will do his job right (much to the chagrin of people who have brought up his past inactivity).
I could go on and on and keep using big words here but you get the picture.  Atlasia has bright days ahead of it, I know.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2011, 04:37:05 PM »

Thanks Mechaman, it's been a good race.

I will make a statement once the polls officially close, perhaps a few hours later.

Also, I'm deeply disappointed with what has now been acknowledged to have been voter intimidation and vote fraud in the Northeast. I understand those who want to make the game 'interesting', but this may well have changed the outcome of an election, and therefore serious action must be taken. Laws were deliberately and systematically broken, so there must be consequences.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2011, 02:00:26 AM »

The University of Washington
Seattle, Washington

My fellow Atlasians....

You have stood up and said in a loud, clear voice “we want a fresh voice”...

This is a record mandate to put in place practical and pragmatic change for the benefit of all Atlasians, and I thank you deeply for this vote of trust and I will not let you down.

I just made contact with Attorney-General Teddy and I thanked him for his efforts during a difficult time. I sent my best wishes to him and to his running-mate. These are both outstanding Atlasians and I hope they continue to wish to serve.

I want to thank my running-mate and your next Vice President, Bacon King. He will bring experience and knowledge to this office and will create a true positive relationship between the executive and the legislature.

I want to thank my advisors throughout this process, I believe in attaining the best advice I can, but also owning the decisions I make. So thank you.

This campaign began in early May; it seems like such a long time ago now, with a promise to be a leader who works for you. I invited Atlasians of all political stripes to join with me to renew this country’s sense of purpose, to rebuild our economy and create real positive change for all of us. I am honoured to have the support of many who would not normally be my supporters, and I assure you that I will never forget it.

As I will have only 4 days before taking office I will need to hit the ground running, I will meet with the President in the coming days. I will also endeavour to have a full set of Cabinet appointments made by Friday. Equally I also intend to announce the make-up of the Presidential Game Reform Panel. Anyone wishing to apply for a Cabinet position or this panel, I urge you to let me know as soon as possible.

This is a great night, but there is a lot of work to do, and it starts right now.

Thank you all so much.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2011, 02:02:52 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President-elect. I look forward to speaking with you in the coming days. I'm ready to help make this as smooth of a transition as possible. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2011, 04:08:52 AM »

Congratulations, my friend. I'm sure you will be an excellent President. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2011, 04:14:14 AM »

Congratulations indeed, Polnut.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2011, 04:36:51 AM »

Congratulations on your victory. I hope the next campaign, whomever runs, can be this clean.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2011, 06:16:00 AM »

Congratulations to Polnut and BK on their massive landslide victory. Smiley I look forward to working with the both you in the next four months.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2011, 07:03:57 AM »

I'm hardly suprised but congratulations are in order Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2011, 08:27:35 AM »

Congratulations, guys. Much deserved. Smiley
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:33 AM »

Congrats Cheesy
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2011, 04:32:54 PM »

I'm hardly suprised but congratulations are in order Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »

Thank God we won't have a cat murderer as President for much longer.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »

Congrats, guys!  Cheesy
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2011, 09:21:45 PM »

Many congrats to both of you!

After reviewing over some of your policy positions, I'm very interested in seeing them implemented! Wink
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2011, 05:09:00 AM »

The Office of the President-elect

The President-elect will be announcing some appointments later this morning.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies