The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:03:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95579 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: August 25, 2014, 12:21:11 AM »

Yess! Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #551 on: August 25, 2014, 12:21:31 AM »

The People are back. This is a wonderful day for Atlasia. Congrats, my friend.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #552 on: August 25, 2014, 01:01:07 AM »

Boston Harbor Hotel, Boston MA

Thank you, thank you very much.

I am deeply honoured and humbled by the trust placed in me by the people of Atlasia. This process is a testament to the concept that democracy is your right, your prerogative. I take this opportunity to pledge myself anew to the service of our country and its people, whether you voted for me or not.

There is much to do and I seek to work with my new colleagues to solve our problems and continue to build a prosperous and more united country.

You know that I believe in the positive role of Government in our lives, it is a creation of us, therefore we need to use it to serve us better. That includes our national legislature. I ask all of my future colleagues to put aside your prejudices and ideologies, to focus on facts and evidence. The Government that governs best is not the one that governs least or most, it is the one that governs effectively and in the interests of all.

I want to thank my campaign team, without you, this would never have happened. I also want to thank those who ran in this race with me, both successful and unsuccessful, this was an excellent and spirited campaign.

Now, it's time for a rest and then we get down to work. So for now, enjoy the party.

Thank you again.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #553 on: August 25, 2014, 01:07:28 AM »

It has been an honor to be in a room with you, Mr. President, sir. Good luck.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #554 on: August 25, 2014, 01:13:22 AM »

And thank you for your service and the campaign you ran.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2014, 01:19:56 AM »

And thank you for your service and the campaign you ran.

Thank you, Mr. President. The box is always open if you need a place to sleep.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2014, 01:42:16 AM »

Congrats, Mr. President Senator-elect Polnut.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2014, 01:50:12 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2014, 02:49:09 AM »

Congratulations, Senator Polnut.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »

Well done Smiley
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #560 on: August 25, 2014, 09:18:20 AM »

Congratulations Polnut!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2014, 10:23:08 AM »

Congratulations
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #562 on: August 25, 2014, 03:03:24 PM »

A historic victory, not just for our Party but for you personally. Congratulations, Polnut.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »

You can a very active campaign and it showed at election time. Congrats on your victory.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

A historic victory, not just for our Party but for you personally. Congratulations, Polnut.

Indeed. The People's Banner has finally returned to the Senate just in the nick of time. It is clear this country needs The People's guidance, and without it, chaos takes over.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2014, 11:42:11 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Senator-elect Polnut will be taking a few days off, however he will be traveling to Kentucky, Texas and California. This is in order to hold a number of roundtables with experts and locals on a number of issues, including drug reform, the living wage, defence capacity and energy issues.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »

STATEMENT

Senator-elect Polnut issued a statement earlier tonight.

I am well aware of the responsibility placed in me by the Atlasian people last weekend. I ran to serve the interests of all Atlasians, and I intend to follow that promise through.

I want to make a few things very clear going forward.

I will judge each Bill before me on its merits, I will seek input from my constituents as well as the views of trusted advisers. While the final decision on any vote will be mine, it will be driven by evidence above all else.

I want to assist the President in getting our Federal Government working again. That does not mean I will instantly agree with him or his proposals. I was hopeful at his election that he would walk a more consultative and inclusive path. My hope for the remainder of this term is that he makes more of an effort to consult with the Senate and show more independence. I'm not asking him to do it for the sake of it, if the President believes strongly in something, then of course it is important he advocate for it. But recently I don't believe we have been seeing him or his views presented. If only from my own experience, a president does not have the luxury of just being another party member.

I will not 'caucus' with any bloc during this term. I have a long history on the progressive side of politics, because that's what I am. I may not satisfy some of the recent false litmus tests being presented - but my record speaks for itself.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #567 on: September 04, 2014, 05:59:07 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Senator-elect Polnut released this statement earlier tonight.

I have just left Fresno, California after spending today with people managing with the consequences of addiction to methamphetamines. In many ways it links to the people I met in Kentucky. Good and decent people, but afflicted by addiction and treated like common criminals. In many ways, it is based on decreased economic opportunities and sense of helplessness and even uselessness. 

This trip has reinforced that tired, hackneyed messages, broken records of ideology will not do. I've heard a lot of grand language, but no solutions. The problems we have in this country will not be solved by applying ideology to them, but fact, evidence and reason.

I am pledging myself to work in the Senate to do the work that we need. Anything beyond that, is a bonus. I am tired of hearing something needs to be done because  it 'should', not because it must.

We will hear a lot in this Senate about how things 'should' be ... and it's a fair point, all of us come to that place with an idea about how things 'should' be. But if it ignores how things are, then we will have a difficult time going forward. I will not deal with people who deal purely in theory and ignore the real. The World is not how we want it to be, but that does not mean we can ignore it until it is.

My hope is for an Atlasia, more united, more open and respectful and one that recognises its place in the world. Not one that throws its hands up in the air. The Government is made of us, and it can be organ of good. I intend to serve as a Senator focused on delivering for Atlasia and at times, for the world. It's easy to ignore, to dismiss and resort to hyperbole and dramatics. But in the last resort, this is our country, this is our Senate and you deserve a legislature that puts you first.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #568 on: September 07, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »

Senate Office

Welcome to my Senate Office.

I urge all Atlasians to use this thread to ask questions and to provide input to proposed legislation.

I want to make my position on the management of the Senate clear to all.

I want the Senate to be working, we cannot afford to wait until the next Presidential election to get it working again. I urge the Supreme Court to act as quickly as possible to determine the outcome of the PPT election, hopefully leading to a fresh election to clear the air.

I also hope we can move to an immediate confirmation process for the President's choice for Vice President.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #569 on: September 07, 2014, 07:55:04 PM »

I'm glad to see that you've set up so nicely. Wink

I don't think the court case really centers around the election for PPT.  As Justice Oakvale stated, the Dean can easily take over in the absence of both the VP and PPT. 

Regardless, I'm glad to see that you support finally confirming a Vice President.  Senseless obstructionism has no place in a properly functioning senate.

If the choice is between TNF and Lumine, for whom will you vote?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #570 on: September 07, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2014, 09:05:51 PM by Senator Polnut »

I don't think the court case really centers around the election for PPT.  As Justice Oakvale stated, the Dean can easily take over in the absence of both the VP and PPT. 

Regardless, I'm glad to see that you support finally confirming a Vice President.  Senseless obstructionism has no place in a properly functioning senate.

The case doesn't centre on it, so much as the consequence will be to have that settled.

On the candidates, I am legitimately concerned with what I have seen with the way TNF has handled the peripheral elements of the position, but handled some elements well. I haven't really made a final decision yet. I'd want to talk to both candidates.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #571 on: September 08, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »

The case doesn't centre on it, so much as the consequence will be to have that settled.

On the candidates, I am legitimately concerned with what I have seen with the way TNF has handled the peripheral elements of the position, but handled some elements well. I haven't really made a final decision yet. I'd want to talk to both candidates.

A perfectly reasonable position.  Thanks for the answer. Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2014, 07:44:14 PM »

This has been an interesting first full week of Senate activity. Despite the very close divide in the numbers, there has been good-natured progress toward getting some difficult Bills through.

I was very pleased to see my first two Bills before the Senate - The Support for Carers Bill 2014 and the Energy for the Future Bill 2014. I continue to work with my Senate colleagues to try to do what we are actually sent there to do, work for you.

I'm just going to say this in closing - I am tired of hearing hackneyed ideological talking points, whether it's about capitalism or the power of the almighty market. I'm not wasting my time in the Senate arguing with the wind, let's get real, let's base ourselves in fact and evidence.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: September 18, 2014, 02:11:19 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

I wish to confirm that I will be voting to confirm Senator Tryion to serve as Vice President for the remainder of this term.

This is not a vote of confidence in the Labor Party nor in the Administration, but one in Senator Tryion who I believe will do a good job in the role and consider the fundamental importance of his role in the care and concern of the Atlasian people.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2014, 12:06:39 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2014, 12:08:15 AM by Senator Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

Mideast Discrimination Bill

I today watched in utter horror at the disgusting and deliberately regressive legislation passed by the Mideast Assembly.

Atlasia has a proud history of equality in our society and passed on through law.

This Bill is not pro-marriage. It is a deliberate move by social regressives to promote discrimination and hatred. It wants to brain-wash children that there is something wrong in being gay, being in a loving and committed relationship with another person and wanting that relationship recognised with full equality with heterosexual couples.

There are many children in the Mideast, who are raised by caring and supportive parents of the same gender, some, may even be married. We have gone a long way in showing children that recognising difference is a good thing and valuing it, is a virtue. This Bill seeks to undo all of this.

To use Government funds, funding provided by all taxpayers, to promote one single idea of what marriage is and most dangerously of all, what it 'should' be, is reckless, irresponsible and plain wrong.

I urge my friend, Governor TJ to not sign this Bill.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies