The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:53:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95572 times)
Hifly
hifly15

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2014, 03:46:25 AM »

This bill has nothing to do with homosexuality or promoting discrimination thereof. Under no section of the bill will Mideast schools be forced to teach children that there's something wrong about being gay. It's not the job of the state to promote sexualities to children.
As a consequence of this bill we're not going to see more "gay suicides" as the MW Governor suggests, more anti-gay discrimination, or gay couples being forced to abandon their relationships.
This bill is about marriage. It's about consolidating the long standing, recognised and celebrated union of a man and a woman. In my opinion, a child should be entitled to both a father and a mother, because each can share a unique relationship with the child that the other cannot. Single parenting is a reality, but everyone acknowledges that it's not ideal. No child should be bereft of a mother or a father. Divorce breaks families apart. A stable marriage is the ideal foundation for the establishment of family life.

I encourage the Governor to sign the bill.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2014, 03:59:35 AM »

It decides which marriage is to be 'promoted' - when the other is legal under Atlasian law.

You can parse this however you like, doesn't change what it says and what it does.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2014, 05:09:37 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2014, 05:13:27 AM by Mechaman »

PRESS RELEASE

Mideast Discrimination Bill

I today watched in utter horror at the disgusting and deliberately regressive legislation passed by the Mideast Assembly.

Atlasia has a proud history of equality in our society and passed on through law.

This Bill is not pro-marriage. It is a deliberate move by social regressives to promote discrimination and hatred. It wants to brain-wash children that there is something wrong in being gay, being in a loving and committed relationship with another person and wanting that relationship recognised with full equality with heterosexual couples.

There are many children in the Mideast, who are raised by caring and supportive parents of the same gender, some, may even be married. We have gone a long way in showing children that recognising difference is a good thing and valuing it, is a virtue. This Bill seeks to undo all of this.

To use Government funds, funding provided by all taxpayers, to promote one single idea of what marriage is and most dangerously of all, what it 'should' be, is reckless, irresponsible and plain wrong.

I urge my friend, Governor TJ to not sign this Bill.

^^^^^

Despite my future colleague's reiterations that there is "nothing hateful" about this bill I do not see what is the point or purpose of it.  It is not the business of the school system to teach kids family values. . . . . .that's what families are supposed to do.

I repeat Polnut's concerns to the dear Governor and will iterate that if this is signed I will do everything in my power, including possibly filing a suit for violation of the Atlasian Constitution, to stop this.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »

Any suit against the bill will fail, because the law does not violate equal protection or rights clauses. Gay couples are still getting married in Atlasia.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »

Any suit against the bill will fail, because the law does not violate equal protection or rights clauses. Gay couples are still getting married in Atlasia.

You are missing the point.  This bill is instructing our public schools to preach that non-traditional family structures are inherently inferior to your ideal family structure.  That is in effect a government endorsement of cultural supremacy, something I'm sure we can find a passage against.

Now if this was a private institution preaching such values. . . . . . . then there would be no case.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2014, 06:45:18 PM »

As someone who was once on the Court, I think Mechaman is correct; there's a pretty solid argument that it is unconstitutional.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2014, 09:57:43 PM »

As someone who was once on the Court, I think Mechaman is correct; there's a pretty solid argument that it is unconstitutional.

As someone who has not been... I think the argument for unconstitutionality is very strong.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »

You are missing the point.  This bill is instructing our public schools to preach that non-traditional family structures are inherently inferior to your ideal family structure.  That is in effect a government endorsement of cultural supremacy, something I'm sure we can find a passage against.

Now if this was a private institution preaching such values. . . . . . . then there would be no case.

No, the bill is not instructing schools to preach that other unions are inferior, its instructing schools to outline that marriage, as it is defined in the bill, is a solid foundation for family life. Same sex marriage may also be a solid foundation, but that's not in the bill. School teachers would be misinterpreting the statute if they then preached that same sex marriage is inferior.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »

You were clearly a bad judge. Please show me how the instruction in school violates an article in the constitution.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2014, 10:26:28 PM »

You were clearly a bad judge. Please show me how the instruction in school violates an article in the constitution.

It's literally teaching kids while they're in the middle of puberty that the only  "normal" union consists of one man and one woman. The hell is wrong with you?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2014, 10:57:32 PM »

No, the bill is not instructing schools to preach that other unions are inferior, its instructing schools to outline that marriage, as it is defined in the bill, is a solid foundation for family life. Same sex marriage may also be a solid foundation, but that's not in the bill. School teachers would be misinterpreting the statute if they then preached that same sex marriage is inferior.

...and that is the point.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2014, 11:06:23 PM »

Do you not comprehend the words coming out of your own mouth (or rather your own fingers)? Teaching kids that gay marriages are not "real marriages" is teaching them that gay marriages and, by extension, gay people, are inherently inferior.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #587 on: September 25, 2014, 06:50:03 AM »

"We're not saying that gay marriages are inferior, we're just saying that straight marriages are superior."
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #588 on: September 25, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »

That still does not affect provision of rights in the same way that me standing up and shouting; "don't buy from Jews" also doesn't affect provision of rights so anyone who bring on litigation is dumbfounded.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #589 on: September 25, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »

Do you not comprehend the words coming out of your own mouth (or rather your own fingers)? Teaching kids that gay marriages are not "real marriages" is teaching them that gay marriages and, by extension, gay people, are inherently inferior.

Umm, again, we're not teaching that gay marriages are not real marriages. Read the bill properly and quit your attitude.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #590 on: September 25, 2014, 07:29:22 AM »

That still does not affect provision of rights in the same way that me standing up and shouting; "don't buy from Jews" also doesn't affect provision of rights so anyone who bring on litigation is dumbfounded.

You are free to say "don't buy from Jews". You are not free to use state funds to enforce a mandatory program that prohibits the promotion of businesses owned by Jews while promoting to students businesses owned by Christians. There are obvious differences between stating your opinion and using the state to enforce that view.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #591 on: September 25, 2014, 07:56:06 AM »

This is a test for the Governor. He cannot sit on his hands and resign his authority by just letting this happen.

Governor, make a decision.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #592 on: September 25, 2014, 08:00:04 AM »

I feel like it may be necessary for federal legislation to be implemented that would ban such hateful regional nonsense.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2014, 08:07:56 AM »

I feel like it may be necessary for federal legislation to be implemented that would ban such hateful regional nonsense.

How about this?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #594 on: September 25, 2014, 08:15:22 AM »

I definitely see the value in federal legislation that would mandate that mentions of marriage in K-12 education be presented in a gender-neutral fashion.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #595 on: September 25, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »

How about this?

Looks like a good starting point. I would even be in favor of being a bit more proactive and installing more protections to our LGBT brothers and sisters.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #596 on: September 25, 2014, 12:11:45 PM »

Umm, again, we're not teaching that gay marriages are not real marriages. Read the bill properly and quit your attitude.

I'm not sure how teaching about "Marriage as The Union of One Man and One Woman, recognised by Law and entered into for Life" doesn't exclude gay marriages.

If you don't like gay people, you can just come out and say it. It's better than hiding behind a wall of bullsh**t.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #597 on: September 25, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Action Against the Mideast Hate Bill

I continue to urge Governor TJ to show leadership in the Mideast, by vetoing this Bill. I believe by sitting on his hands and allowing it pass without any input from him, would be a significant negative mark against his good record and will in Atlasia. As a former Governor of that region, it pains me to see such a backward step.

I am asking all Atlasians, who are concerned by the implications and intimations of this Bill, to join me in a protest against this regressive garbage that has no place in Atlasia.

The Speaker argues that it is not discrimination to argue for one specific form of marriage, and using taxpayer funds to do it. When by explicitly outlining that there is one encouraged and 'endorsed' marriage in the Mideast, when the other is legal and recognised, is inherently discriminatory.

It doesn't take the Regional or Supreme Court to figure that out, but if it comes to that, it will.

This weekend, let's have our voices heard loud and clear and ensure that if the Governor hasn't made a decision, perhaps we can convince him to do the correct thing.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #598 on: September 25, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »

Mr. Fmr. Pres./Sen., sir, would you hypothetically support the use of the guillotine in this instance?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: September 25, 2014, 09:44:37 PM »

Mr. Fmr. Pres./Sen., sir, would you hypothetically support the use of the guillotine in this instance?

I don't support the use of guillotine in any circumstances...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies