The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:50:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95677 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: September 30, 2014, 07:22:08 PM »

Well,
I don't say that a lot. But, you're a really great senator Polnut. I hope you will run for reelection.

But I don't understand why there are 2 leftwing parties because you, Cranberry, TNF and Cynic basically almost stand together.

So Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy? Sad

But really, you're really a good senator, your ecology bill is really good!

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #601 on: September 30, 2014, 08:22:39 PM »

Thank you Windjammer, that's very kind of you.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #602 on: October 01, 2014, 01:05:33 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Secretary of External Affairs

I was as perplexed as most Atlasians to see the President's decision to nominate Speaker Hifly to serve as Secretary of External Affairs.

Now, I will stress that as someone who has served as President and as Secretary of External Affairs, that the task of filling a Cabinet is tough and the job of serving as Secretary of External Affairs is one of the most thankless in Atlasia. However, I believe strongly that the person who serves in that role be someone who reflects the best of us as we deal with some unpleasant actors.

The Speaker's position on a number of issues, do not rule him out completely, they to undermine his ability to speak to a number of issues and our ability to show global leadership. I also believe it undermines this president's ability to project, what I believe was his agenda, of a positive and progressive foreign policy.

I believe we need to have a real conversation about the Speaker's suitability for this high-profile and delicate role. It is not helpful to have further accusations of conspiracy or deliberate destabilisation. I believe in the importance of the SoEA and ensuring that the best person for the job, considering the challenges of it, is in place. It is not unreasonable to harbor doubts and significant concerns.

While I urge the President to re-consider the nomination, I respect the President's prerogative to nominate and he will be given a hearing in the Senate unless the President decides otherwise.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #603 on: October 02, 2014, 08:26:35 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Terror Attacks

Like all Atlasians, I have watched with horror and disgust at the events in Germany and here in Nyman, at the White House itself.

Firstly, we need to find out how someone was able to get that close to the White House. It is fundamentally inexcusable and requires an investigation of the highest order.

This is a stark reminder of the ferocity and tenacity of the evil of Islamic State.

I believe that what they want is to be treated as an equal in terms if military capability and using that to propagandise and recruit for some grand battle against us and the West as a whole. The measures before the Senate to starve IS and supporting local forces in the territorial dispute is the right course of action.

I think the cause of the world should now be to work together, to make IS impotent. There are legitimate military measures that can be considered, but in the end, what IS is most afraid of, is being ignored or forgotten, not being beaten on the field of battle.

It is also a reminder that we in Atlasia have felt the luxury of complacency for too long. We have heard lectures about imperialism and pacifism at all costs. But this is real and while I don't believe the answer is war, we cannot reside our ivory towers while the land around us burns.

I send my thoughts and best wishes to all that have been affected by these events.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #604 on: October 02, 2014, 10:45:31 PM »

STATEMENT

The President

I will make this brief.

I am disgusted by the decision made by the President tonight in dismissing the GM. We have a system of controls and drivers in this country. While the GM is appointed off the President's nomination, they are also based on an idea that the President will be hands off.

It's the way I and my predecessors and successors as President have approached that relationship and their constitutionally-based responsibilities.

This is a vulgar abuse of our system of Government. The GM's role is to make things interesting, and yes, to make this occasionally difficult for the President. I believe the President and flagrantly over-stepped his authority. I hope the usual suspects do not descend and defend the President at all costs and regard this as some vast conspiracy. Because this is all of the President's making.

The Senate needs to consider what steps it now takes.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #605 on: October 05, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2014, 10:57:33 PM by Senator Polnut »

STATEMENT

Chaos

I want to take this opportunity to urge my fellow Atlasians to not buy into the plans of those who only wish to disrupt or even destroy the system of government we know and value.

If you're not happy, get involved and fix it.

I will do everything I can to guard against this attention-seeking behaviour.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #606 on: October 10, 2014, 08:28:52 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Visiting areas of discontent

The instability we have seen over recent days has alarmed me. It has only served to re-enforce the idea that we in government need to work so much harder to make sure people know that their Senate and their Federal Government does care about them and their concerns.

Over the next few days I will be visiting areas across my home region of the Northeast to make sure my message is heard, loud and clear.

You matter, your concerns are heard and we are here.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #607 on: October 10, 2014, 10:17:36 AM »

The Free Republic of Ganonsyoni humbly recommends that Sen. Polnut try Dinosaur Barbecue if he is ever in our fine capital city.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #608 on: October 10, 2014, 09:16:23 PM »

The Free Republic of Ganonsyoni humbly recommends that Sen. Polnut try Dinosaur Barbecue if he is ever in our fine capital city.

The "Free Republic of Ganonsyoni" does not exist, but I second this.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #609 on: October 10, 2014, 09:29:33 PM »

The Supreme Court of the Free Republic of Ganonsyoni is headquartered at the local Dinosaur Barbecue, so Mr. Simfan will have to concede our existence if he is to ever enjoy it here.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #610 on: October 10, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »

The Supreme Court of the Free Republic of Ganonsyoni is headquartered at the local Dinosaur Barbecue, so Mr. Simfan will have to concede our existence if he is to ever enjoy it here.

There's more than one? Sad
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: October 10, 2014, 09:51:20 PM »

Take it elsewhere ...
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #612 on: October 10, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »

There's more than one? Sad

According to their website they have locations all over upstate New York as well as NYC and Chicago.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: October 14, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Islamic State Economic Support Bill

A few weeks ago, I presented a Bill to the Senate that had one purpose and one purpose alone. To ensure that those who financially support, directly or indirectly, the activities of Islamic State or its satellites in this country are stopped from doing so.

However, additions have been made to the Bill that speak to our broader presence in the Middle East and sadly has turned into a opportunity for certain Senators with axes to grind to grandstand. The current amendment calls for a phased withdrawal out of Saudi Arabia, starting no later than the middle of next year.

There have been, frankly, deeply concerning allegations that this amendment, based on my personal experience as both President and Secretary of External Affairs is some kind of cover to aid on Presidential candidate over another. Let me make this clear for all concerned.

This amendment reflects reality, it provides a clear path and timetable for our military presence in Saudi Arabia to end. But it also reflects the need to do so responsibly and in accordance with agreements we have made with those countries. Despite protestations about how this must be done without any conditions, this is not the way these things work and there is a reason why it is done this way.

This is not a back-door to enable reversal, it is an amendment based in reality and the protocols of international relations. Something we cannot abandon because it doesn't serve our broader 'cause'.

If this amendment fails or stalls, I will move that this element be removed to enable this Bill to be discussed on its original intent - to financially weaken Islamic State. The issue of broader Middle East engagement should be debated separately if it continues to knee-cap this important Bill.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: October 19, 2014, 08:06:55 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Upcoming Priorities

The new few weeks will see a flurry of activity, particularly noting that we have elections at all levels across the country this coming weekend.

However, the work of the Senate will continue. I am thrilled to see that the Bills I introduced to deal with addressing our future energy challenges as well as weakening the horrors of Islamic State have, despite a lot of occasionally contentious debate, been supported.

Sadly, the Bill addressing the continuing urgent needs of carers has been shelved yet again, awaiting the input of our GM to give us a proper idea of its costs. Undertaking work without this input would have been irresponsible in the extreme.

Going forward, I will be personally focused on a number of issues that are of a fundamental importance to our nation and the world. However, these are issues often side-stepped in our Senate in favour of something more incendiary or 'exciting'. I do hope my colleagues will engage seriously and fully on these matters going forward.

In the next few days, in the light of recent reports showing that half of the world's animal population has been lost in only 40 years and that we are facing a real-time count-down to the extinction of species, such as the Northern White Rhino, I will present Bills dealing with...
* Increasing support for biodiversity practices at the regional and local level, and
* Using our weight to move to cripple the illegal animals/animal product trade.

This is an area where there is true scope for the Senate and the Atlasian Government to do something both here and abroad. Not for a cold reason of reward, but because it is the right thing to do.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: October 26, 2014, 06:25:18 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Future plans

Senator Polnut will be announcing his intentions in relation to the December at-large election by Friday 7 November.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #616 on: October 26, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »

So what are your plans for your second term? Tongue Wink

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #617 on: October 27, 2014, 11:01:34 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Election Results

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all those who won their races over the weekend.

As Chair of the TPP, I would like to thank all those members of the People who worked so hard and achieved such pleasing results.

I send my best wishes to President-elect Lumine and remind him that while I voted for him, I am a progressive and will find myself in opposition to him. But what I promise him and my colleagues in the Senate is that I will be holding his feet to the fire and I remain committed to working for all Atlasians to get the best policies in place.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #618 on: October 28, 2014, 06:51:44 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

What's been achieved

As I weigh up my plans for the future, I wanted to let people out there who might not always pay attention to the Senate debates the progress of the issues and Bills that I have sponsored.

The Energy for the Future Bill created some tensions across political lines. This Bill is designed to address the issues raised during the dramatic debate over energy in the last Senate term. But it addresses them without the need for such unnecessary and unsupported actions.

The Bill focused of a number of fronts - making sure energy companies are playing their role in developing the technology of the future. It commits a specific portion of the national carbon tax to create the National Energy Fund which will support and manage increases in low-income energy support as well as incentives for households to undertake their energy-efficiency practices.

Ending Financial Havens for Islamist Terrorism did not end up exactly as was planned. My intention was a clean Bill that made sure that those within Atlasia who support or benefit financially from the actions of Islamic State would no longer receive that support. However, it became a much larger debate about  our role in the region, up to an including a very passionate debate over our withdrawal from Saudi Arabia. This Bill's passage is still a very positive move that hopes to stem the tide of funding from groups like IS.

Now we come to the disappointment. The Support for Carers Bill was yet again side-lined due to the lack of a GM to give us the solid numbers on this important step to support those who do such a tremendous job caring for our most vulnerable. I am committed to see this Bill or something like it passed while I am in the Senate.

My current sponsored Bill before the Senate is the Protecting Biodiversity for the Future Bill. This Bill is designed to support existing and develop new measures to enable regional government to improve the biodiversity of the regions. I outlined the impacts that we know about, both ecologically and economically of poor land management and invasive species. It also outlaws the shipment and supply of products derrived from endangered species. This Bill doesn't promote much excitement or ideological fire, but it's a sensible step to protect our biodiversity and assist in reducing the existing economic footprint.

This is not a massive list of Bills, but that's never been what I was in the Senate to do. My goal is not to shower the Senate with Bills, like a wishlist, that have no chance of passage. These are Bills designed to address specific problems and using the strength and scope of the Federal Government to move to solve them, or at least, move things in the right direction.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #619 on: November 06, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Future plans

Senator Polnut will be announcing his intentions in relation to the December at-large election later this evening.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: November 06, 2014, 08:56:23 PM »

STATEMENT

Future plans

Ladies and gentlemen of Atlasia,

I am nearing the end of my first full elected term as an At-Large Senator. So, my mind has turned to what I've have done and what I believe I can still do for the Atlasian people.

I am proud of my achievements in producing evidence-based, solution-focused legislation.

I have weighed the options and discussed the matter over the past few weeks. So I can say confidently, that I believe that I have much more left to do and will be seeking the endorsement of the Atlasian people for another term as one of their Senators.

I will also announce my intentions to not seek another term as Chair of the TPP. I believe that my first and total responsibility should be to the Senate and serving their interests.

I will have more to say, naturally, in the coming weeks.

The Official Campaign Launch will take place on Sunday 16 November 2014
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #621 on: November 06, 2014, 08:59:30 PM »

Obviously endorsed for your next term, I've been extremely happy with the bills you've introduced so far, especially the Protecting Biodiversity bill, and I hope you win re-election.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #622 on: November 06, 2014, 10:35:10 PM »

Endorsed, naturally.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #623 on: November 07, 2014, 12:03:53 AM »

It's my patriotic duty to endorse Polnut.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #624 on: November 16, 2014, 06:42:56 PM »

The campaign launch has been delayed until the At-Large Special has been resolved.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies