The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:24:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95421 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: December 15, 2014, 03:28:07 AM »

I'm very pleased that you won re-election! Your bills to protect the environment and biodiversity are a real plus in my book, and it's great to see that a person such as yourself can serve another term!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #651 on: December 15, 2014, 05:04:35 AM »

Congratulations!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #652 on: December 15, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »

Congratulations on your re-election.
I look forward to working with you. I hope that we will make great things for Atlasia.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #653 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »

Considering the closeness of the results - I am still awaiting confirmation of the results from the SoFE.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #654 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »

Congratulations!!!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #655 on: December 15, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »

I will be making a statement shortly
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #656 on: December 16, 2014, 12:46:37 AM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I am humbled to have been given the honour of representing the Atlasian people in the Senate for another term. It was a very, very close race. When I said every vote matters, I honestly meant it. Obviously, I would have preferred to have been elected with a quota, but clearly, I will need to work harder to show many people that they can trust me.

I want to thank all of those who supported me and those in my party, especially the new Chair of the TPP, Justice Oakvale.  I want to pass my congratulations to those who were successful, Lief, SWE, Cris and my colleague and friend, Senator BaconKing. Also, I note the departure from the Senate of Deus and JCL.

Now, we look to the future. I have outlined a set of challenges I believe we need to face head on going forward. But we can start that discussion. It has been a long stretch since this campaign was launched and we can allow ourselves a day of rest, but then we get back to work.

Thank you all and Dave bless.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #657 on: December 16, 2014, 12:23:59 PM »

Congrats on making it back in. I was worried there for a second
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #658 on: December 16, 2014, 02:33:34 PM »

Congratulations! It is the greatest pleasure working with you, and I am extremely looking forward to see you continue your great work!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #659 on: December 20, 2014, 02:04:32 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2014, 02:28:32 AM by Senator Polnut »

STATEMENT

Getting the work done

I was recently re-elected to the Senate to do a job. To represent all Atlasians, whether they voted for me or not. This is a responsibility I have taken seriously, and I will continue to do so.

There are a number of significant Bills and processes before the Senate right now.

One is our Federal Budget. As president, I was the first in a long time to present a comprehensive Budget to the Senate. The Senate speaks to our priorities as a nation. I will work with my fellow Senators and the White House to generate a package that respects our responsibilities, builds for the future and is fiscally responsible.

We have seen proposals for radical reforms of our tax code. Shifting the entirety of the taxation burden to those earning over $125,000 per year. I understand the desire to make sure the wealthy pay their fair share. But the proposal in the Senate is not only unfair, is it a recipe for fiscal disaster. Where will the revenue for all these programs come from when the wealthy move their assets offshore and people start to deliberately under-earn? This is not, let me say this loud and clear, it is not a defense of the very wealthy, it is defending the programs the help our most vulnerable, help educate our kids, provide healthcare for all and assist in promoting global stability. I have said during the campaign, that I am open to a serious discussion about tax reform. But I will not entertain any proposals that put the programs I believe in and advocate for in jeopardy. The broken-record call for increasing taxes on the rich to fix an economic problem is attractive, but will not work. We need to focus on prioritising our spending and finding ways to efficiently increasing our revenues.

Another is the Bill before the Senate on support for our carers. I have proposed a very modest supplement. While we work through the exact funding mechanism, I want to make clear that I am determined to follow through on my promise to deliver increased support to those who make such a sacrifice. I want to work with my fellow Senators to get this done and to convince the president that this was needed yesterday. But I hope my fellow Senators will see through the dramatics to see the real need that these people are experiencing and not use it as an excuse to grand-stand.

Finally, the President is yet to sign the Universal Education Bill. This Bill guarantees access to all Atlasian students, who qualify academically to attend a public university, without having to pay upfront fees and to be able to graduate without the fear of debt collectors. I urge the President to sign this Bill. The education of our future engineers, doctors, teachers and lawyers, matters much more than a defence spending increase.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #660 on: December 21, 2014, 05:18:16 PM »

STATEMENT

The Budget

The President, a few days ago, issued an official state of emergency, due to a Federal Budget not being passed.

While I understand the desire of President to pass this quickly, this is something that White House should have proposed weeks ago. I shouldn't need to remind the White House that during my Presidency, while it was late in the piece, the Budget I submitted was not passed until my successor was in office.

This is not a quick and dirty process. This is the opportunity for everyone with an agenda and an axe to grind to to pop up to the surface and demand their pound of flesh.

There is one fundamental element here, the White House has not provided to us any indication of any proposed changes or if there is the intention of changing any revenue structure. Unless the White House is a part of this conversation, it is impossible for us as the national legislature to pass anything. Let alone to do so in a week.

I urge the President to furnish the Senate will a full proposal of Budget measures within 24 hours, most of my Senate colleagues wish to get this passed and we will work with the President to do so.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #661 on: January 01, 2015, 03:42:52 AM »

STATEMENT

Current issues

I have submitted for the Senate's attention, a Bill that will create a Senate committee to investigate options for the reforms of our prison system. I believe this is a vital step to address many of the issues that are related directly or indirectly to short-comings in that system.

It should also be noted that work towards passing a Federal Budget is continuing. I believe we are very close to a compromise and I hope the President and my fellow Senators will recognise the importance of getting this done. Our economy is recovering, but the data tells us, this is likely a blip responding to holiday activity. While, again, this needed to have been in place weeks ago, we cannot send a message to the market that we cannot get our act together. My Budget proposal will deliver a small reduction in  taxes for small businesses, and will deliver a tax cut to the lowest wage earners. It follows through what I believe in, tax relief needs to be directed at those who need it the most. It also creates a more fair and progressive set of tax-rates.

I have asked the President provide a continuing resolution to enable the Federal Government to continue to function. I am confident such as a resolution would pass. While it is not a great situation, it is manageable and can be managed without any further instability.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #662 on: January 12, 2015, 09:03:02 PM »

STATEMENT

The Budget

I wanted to quickly discuss the primary issue we are dealing with in the Senate. The Budget.

This process has been drawn-out, but this should always have been expected. I thank the President for presenting an emergency resolution to the Senate to enable the functions of Government to continue as we work towards a solution.

I am determined to get a Budget passed and signed by the end of this month. There are clear divides and a not-inconsiderable challenge in addressing them. The Administration doesn't want to see a deficit and is focused more on spending cuts and trying to introduce tax reform. Frankly, while my proposal does have some tinkering when it comes to taxes, and some small operational cuts in spending, considering the impact of not having this in place, I don't believe now is the time for the 'big discussion'. I'm still at a loss as to why it took the White House up until the week before Christmas to introduce this Budget proposal, all it did was create unnecessary pressure on the economy. If they wanted to introduce tax reform into the Budget process, then this needed to happen a lot earlier than it did.

I am happy, and indeed eager to discuss the possibility of significant tax reform, but it has been left too late and the focus now, needs to be having a functioning Budget for the Federal Government. I am not a deficit hawk, but I would prefer we have a surplus, naturally - but the processes to get a surplus in place, should not risk worse outcomes than a small deficit.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #663 on: January 12, 2015, 11:07:38 PM »

STATEMENT

The Budget

I wanted to quickly discuss the primary issue we are dealing with in the Senate. The Budget.

This process has been drawn-out, but this should always have been expected. I thank the President for presenting an emergency resolution to the Senate to enable the functions of Government to continue as we work towards a solution.

I am determined to get a Budget passed and signed by the end of this month. There are clear divides and a not-inconsiderable challenge in addressing them. The Administration doesn't want to see a deficit and is focused more on spending cuts and trying to introduce tax reform. Frankly, while my proposal does have some tinkering when it comes to taxes, and some small operational cuts in spending, considering the impact of not having this in place, I don't believe now is the time for the 'big discussion'. I'm still at a loss as to why it took the White House up until the week before Christmas to introduce this Budget proposal, all it did was create unnecessary pressure on the economy. If they wanted to introduce tax reform into the Budget process, then this needed to happen a lot earlier than it did.

I am happy, and indeed eager to discuss the possibility of significant tax reform, but it has been left too late and the focus now, needs to be having a functioning Budget for the Federal Government. I am not a deficit hawk, but I would prefer we have a surplus, naturally - but the processes to get a surplus in place, should not risk worse outcomes than a small deficit.

Keep up the good work, Senator. If we had ten of you, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #664 on: January 13, 2015, 03:35:27 AM »

Considering the present situation would a surplus be more of a positive or negative, thinking strictly of the present economic situation not aspirationally?

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #665 on: January 13, 2015, 08:25:52 AM »

Considering the present situation would a surplus be more of a positive or negative, thinking strictly of the present economic situation not aspirationally?

My view is a surplus for the sake of a surplus is usually a mistake. The goal should be structural soundness above all else. At the moment we aren't in the position to expect significant increases in taxation revenues, so the only way to get one on paper in the short term would be spending cuts.

So you need to make damn sure, the structural changes you're putting in place to deliver a surplus don't cause drags on the economy - probably greater drags than a small deficit. For example, at this time - the worst outcome would be to cut spending, create an on-paper surplus, then direct that surplus to deliver, for example tax cuts. Because that is structural deficits are created - and those are difficult and painful (logistically and politically) to undo.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #666 on: January 13, 2015, 11:00:19 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2015, 11:02:35 PM by Senator Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

Endorsements

Questions have been asked to when Senator Polnut will be making an endorsement for the Presidency and for the Northeast Senate race - as well as other races where the Senator may not have a personal vote involved.

Senator Polnut will be on vacation from 23-27 January - it is anticipated that an endorsements for all of those races will be made at some point before Friday 30 January 2015.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #667 on: January 29, 2015, 06:24:15 PM »

STATEMENT

Senate matters and Endorsements

I want to start on the positive. After many iterations and much debate, I am thrilled to see the Bill I presented to increase support for carers passed and signed by the President. I am also pleased to see universal support for the Bill to institute a Senate committee to undertake a full investigation of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Atlasian prison system.

The next is that the Budget remains unresolved. I understand the pressures on the GM to get this done, but the fundamental issue is that this must be passed. The resolution to allow the Government to operate is not an excuse to avoid doing this in a timely manner. This needs to be done and we also cannot be engaged in negotiations about broader tax reform. I understand the President's desire on this, but I believe the current version not only goes as far I think we can go, it also wastes valuable time.

So to make clear, I believe there are sufficient numbers to pass the Budget Bill as it stands, I believe we should pass it, I believe the President should sign it. If he wants to introduce tax reform in the next month, I invite him to, but I ask him not to attach that as a requirement to get his signature on this current Bill.

Finally, I want to touch on the issues that emerged over the past few days. I believe that Napoleon has played the entire country for idiots. If there is anyone who has knowingly aided his continued presence, then they need to seriously consider their position. But that's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Onto election matters. I have been asked privately about who I will be supporting in a number of races across the country. The one I will be commenting on this evening will be the Presidency. I will be supporting my friend and my colleague Senator Bore. I believe he has the right ideas, the right skills and I believe the right temperament to be President. I also have no doubts whatsoever about his commitment to Atlasia or his activity levels. I believe he will be an active and thoughtful President.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #668 on: January 30, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »

Thank you, Senator!

Your endorsement is much appreciated Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #669 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:29 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

TPP Ballot

Senator Polnut released a statement this evening.

I have noted, with some concern, the movement to draft me as the nominee of my party for the upcoming Presidential election.

I want to say that some of the issues behind this movement have some validity. Some are concerned as to how much Labor has changed over the past few months, but, I have complete faith in Senator Bore to be a constructive and pragmatic leader of our nation, this is the same person I have worked with in the Senate. He is someone who I know shares many of the same values as most members of the TPP.

So, to make clear, I am honoured that so many of my fellow party members want to inflict my verbosity on the Atlasian people for the third time, but, I am a strong supporter of the Bore/BaconKing ticket and I am urging my fellow TPP members to get behind strong, pragmatic and progressive leadership.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #670 on: February 13, 2015, 04:19:27 PM »

Thank you senator Smiley

We are extremely thankful for your continued support.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: February 19, 2015, 05:51:52 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Attack in Nyman

Senator Polnut released a statement this evening.

I want to take this opportunity to condemn the largely thwarted attempt to attack the Census Bureau, here in Nyman.

If you have a problem with what the Government is doing, there are positive and constructive ways to deliver your discontent. This was a mindless and paranoid attack on innocent public servants who are only doing their job. The Census Bureau does good and important work.

I send my best wishes to the security officer injured and to the family.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #672 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35:05 AM »

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate all those elected during this weekend's elections. In particular to my friend Senator Bore at his elevation to our nation's highest office.

I'd also like to note the exit of my friend Senator Yankee from the Senate (for now), very few love the Senate as much as he does and I wish him nothing but the best.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #673 on: February 26, 2015, 07:04:57 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2015, 07:07:19 AM by Senator Polnut »

STATEMENT

Terror Attacks

I am naturally horrified by the attacks inflicted on our nation. I stand with our Government and President to bring those responsible to justice.

But let me make this fundamentally clear, we are not a nation under siege. We remain a strong and vibrant country. We are united by principles and values. We will work to make sure those who committed those vile acts, and threatened public officials are not permitted to get away with it.

We must not resort to draconian laws or other responses. These are crimes, pure and simple. They cannot and must not be granted with anything more. This is not a valid cause, this is not a political protest, it is an act of total and utter cowardice.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #674 on: February 27, 2015, 01:16:55 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Future plans

Senator Polnut will be making a statement on his future plans on 1 March.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies