The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:08:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95686 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: August 30, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »

I "reluctantly concur".

It is a difficult task, even more so in this present climate. But there is a need for some effort to be made and if private entreaties down't work to get people to appoint, one could post a thread to ask for applications. I have seen this done previously as well. Regardless, not even trying is certainly not going to solve the problem.

I mean, he could just say "hey guys, I have no clue who to appoint, any ideas/volunteers?" It's not like we're asking him to do anything hard, or anything that he didn't sign up for. And as his fellow Laborite, Senator Kalwejt, said: if he simply doesn't want to be President, he should step down.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #776 on: September 02, 2015, 05:07:53 PM »

Senate Caucus Room, the Capitol

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is a bittersweet time. On Friday I will be ending my long career in Atlasian politics. This is not a blip, this is not a re-direction, and this is the end. I leave with some sadness, but knowing that this needs to happen and that this is the right thing for me to do.

Atlasia has been part of my life for many years, I dare say longer than any other active personality here. This has left me with regrets, pride, failures and successes.

I am proud that I put in the place the nation’s first comprehensive mental health plan. I am proud that I led the charge to protect homeowners from illegal and unethical lending practices. I am proud to have signed into law the largest reform to our social security system. I am proud to have created a national broadcaster. I am proud to have led the process to ensure that our young people who want to go to University are no longer are at the mercy of private lenders. I am proud to have started the process to get our budget on a sustainable path, without cutting services.  While the work is not complete, I am proud to see the work to real and indeed radical reforms to our prison and justice system started, and they must be seen through to the end.

I am also proud that I never resorted to stunts or feigned outrage to get things done. I’ve been accused of being a moderate for the sake of it, but that’s where I differ with many of colleagues over the years. I’ve never assumed that I knew the answers, I have followed the evidence. I have fought to get real practical policy changes to help make the lives of Atlasians better. Building barriers and repairing bridges is better during a flood than shouting at the rain.

There is a big set of questions for those who remain in active politics. What kind of country do you want? If you want this to continue, you need to get real. The petty party nonsense, for a time, needs to stop. This is not a time for personal point-scoring and aggrandisement. Atlasia is damaged and it is weaker than I’ve ever seen it. But it takes effort, commitment and sacrifice to get it back on track. It is also not a time for bystanders. So, particularly those who are in elected offices, I repeat my call that if you cannot commit to the work required, do everyone a favour and walk away. I know my time is over, I no longer have the drive or passion for this place, and I am comfortable and happy with this call.

This has been a remarkable experience, and I hope I left the place in a better situation than when I arrived. Although, to paraphrase one of my favourite quotes, I think very often, the best most of us can say is that we did no harm. I give you all my best wishes for a positive future.

Thank you all. 

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #777 on: September 03, 2015, 10:49:03 PM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #778 on: September 03, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »

Cry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #779 on: September 04, 2015, 04:36:49 PM »

The Senate will deeply miss your contributions.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #780 on: September 06, 2015, 05:15:01 AM »

President Polnut released the following statement.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who have sent their best wishes on the retirement from the Senate as well as my retirement from public life.

In the future I will be focused on working towards the creation of the Polnut Presidential Library, as well as national and international advocacy on issues of personal importance to me. Those issues include; care for the disabled, environmental sustainability, and boosting educational opportunities.

I will be active in championing causes, but I will no longer be active in Atlasian political life.
JulesDudley
« Reply #781 on: October 12, 2015, 07:14:26 AM »

Thanks for your support, indeed for all the support that people have shown so far.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #782 on: December 01, 2015, 12:54:35 AM »

It's absolutely time to walk away, permanently. Instead of just not voting, I think it appropriate to make this choice and do it on my terms.

I have enjoyed my time here, and deeply appreciative of the support shown to me by my election to numerous offices.

I wish you all well, but this place doesn't have a prayer if it's relying on old war-horses to keep it alive.

I am very satisfied and comfortable with this decision.

Good night, and good luck.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #783 on: December 01, 2015, 12:04:13 PM »

It's absolutely time to walk away, permanently. Instead of just not voting, I think it appropriate to make this choice and do it on my terms.

I have enjoyed my time here, and deeply appreciative of the support shown to me by my election to numerous offices.

I wish you all well, but this place doesn't have a prayer if it's relying on old war-horses to keep it alive.

I am very satisfied and comfortable with this decision.

Good night, and good luck.

All the best to you in your future endeavors.

However, please define the term you use, "old war-horses."
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #784 on: December 01, 2015, 05:32:24 PM »

Aw, I've been there. Anyway, sorry to read this, polnut. All best, man, I know you gave the game a lot.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #785 on: December 02, 2015, 12:08:14 AM »

We have a lot of new faces that weren't even here last year, I am sure they will provide the leadership for the future. However, some support and guidance from the "old war horses", never hurts.

I am going to miss your presence in the game, it was always fun. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies