The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:37:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95770 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: May 17, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »

You're mistaking what my concerns are - I don't want the Senate to rush things, but I do think as the only federal legislative body it should be more active when circumstances require.

For example, we now have the second major terror attack this year, but I don't see action coming from the Senate, as I would expect. Also I don't see major economic action being taken, but that is also a shortcoming from the executive branch.

Indeed. The Senate OSPR contains several mechanisms to ensure the rapid passage of emergency legislation. While I agree that the Senate should in general be proactive rather than reactive, in times of crisis the Legislative branch can and must make an expedited response in the event of a national crisis.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »

Just a notice- I'll only be posting from my phone for the next couple of days. I'll still be here, of course, but typing anything longer than a paragraph gets pretty difficult Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 11:15:44 AM »

Okay, I have computer access again so expect more substantive posts in the near future.

I have a question for Bacon King...

Will you command the Bacon Army to destroy everyone who votes against you and Polnut?

The Bacon Army does not exist. Officially.

Grin
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »

Polnut and I stand eye to eye on economic and fiscal issues; I agree entirely with the Governor's remarks.

In order to ensure Atlasia's economic strength any sensible administration should use every tool at its disposal; every possible option should be considered in order to help our nation recover from this continuing economic crisis. Large conglomerates should definitely stop receiving government subsidies they don't need. Also, our military could stand to trim some fat as well- the Cold War has been over for twenty years. We don't need to fund the military like we're still in the middle of an arms race. These savings can instead be used to fund projects that actually benefit Atlasians.

A pragmatic and efficient government simply works better for everyone. That's what Polnut and I believe in, and that's why I hope we'll have your support in June. Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »

I'd be down for a VP debate if there's any interest in that.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »

In addition to the Governor's remarks, I'd like to reiterate that our administration will be one that works for all Atlasians. If, like Polnut and I, you believe that comprehensive, pragmatic, and level-headed solutions to the problems our nation faces, then please consider giving the Polnut/BaconKing ticket your vote. Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »

Our campaign has a time machine? Wink
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »

Clearly not Tongue

---

I want to stress that it is my wish that Bacon King serve as my Vice President in the event that you support me for President - this is an unfortunate situation, but I hope that everyone who supports me, will also make sure Bacon King is able to serve in the position that he will do an outstanding job in.

Polnut/Bacon King

Thanks everyone...

I should still be placed on the ballot correctly, so I don't think there's anything to worry about Smiley

See this post in the candidacy declaration thread.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

Should you go inactive, like you did as a Senator multiple times, and are unable to perform your duties as Vice President well, can you promise the Atlasian people that'll you'll step down from office?

I do not forsee anything like that happening at all, but yes, if I did become inactive I would resign.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:58:45 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

Should you go inactive, like you did as a Senator multiple times, and are unable to perform your duties as Vice President well, can you promise the Atlasian people that'll you'll step down from office?

I do not forsee anything like that happening at all, but yes, if I did become inactive I would resign.

As a followup...

Why did you decide not to resign from the Senate several months ago after going inactive for long periods of time on two separate occasions?

Because both times I thought, "look, this isn't going to happen again, I just want to go back to doing what I was elected to do," and was facing too much emotional turmoil to be able to come to terms with the fact that I should've resigned.

While all of those difficulties are entirely in the past, even if something were to happen that led me to be inactive, I wouldn't make the same mistake again.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 09:04:20 PM »

Personally, I'd like to see something substantive from the GM about what's been going on for the past seven years in Iraq and Afghanistan before we make any specific plans. The international situation in the Atlasia-verse could easily be very different from RL.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 03:12:56 AM »

I'm on vacation this weekend, so internet access is limited, but I just wanted to encourage all our supporters to go and vote!

If you're concerned about our nation and want a capable, pragmatic, dedicated President to guide Atlasia then Polnut is your man.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 03:16:45 AM »

Your ticket has my support.

Polnut, not even two weeks ago you said you would not run for any publich office for a while, then you suddenly decided to run in the special Senate election before you decided to run for President ... is this a foretaste of the stability you want to bring to Atlasia? Wink

"A week is a long time in politics." Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies