The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:52:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95776 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: February 02, 2012, 12:04:40 AM »

A new Atlasia requires new leadership, not two retreads from the past.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »

Simple solution.

Resign from cabinet, then take all the political stands you like.

Until then, you have no business taking sides in the election.

There are many Atlasians who could do an outstanding job as Secretary of External Affairs.

Keep your pledge.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »

If that's how you view the truth, so be it.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 07:13:21 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The Future

Senator Polnut tonight made the following statement.

Atlasia is now in one of its darkest times. We have lost some of our most active members. Whether you agree with them or consider their influence positive or not, they were active and fundamental parts of what made Atlasia what it is.

I have made clear, I was elected by the Atlasian people to serve them in the Senate, I will fulfill that promise and I do not see any circumstances that would mean I would not complete my term.

Governing continues, the work of our institutions must go on, despite the difficulties. While my time in Atlasian politics is drawing to its close, those who wish to keep going, need to engage in serious and thoughtful debate about the future. Half-measures won't work, just talking and getting excited about maps won't work. It's time to face difficult realities and ask really difficult questions. I urge all my fellow elected officials to consider the importance of our oaths, we were elected to serve, to lead and govern on behalf of our fellow citizens. If you hold any office, and intend to remain there, your views need to be put to one side, we all still have a job to do, to serve, lead and govern. If you can't or won't do this, then do the people and yourself a favour a consider your position.

Hear hear!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 12:04:13 PM »

It's absolutely time to walk away, permanently. Instead of just not voting, I think it appropriate to make this choice and do it on my terms.

I have enjoyed my time here, and deeply appreciative of the support shown to me by my election to numerous offices.

I wish you all well, but this place doesn't have a prayer if it's relying on old war-horses to keep it alive.

I am very satisfied and comfortable with this decision.

Good night, and good luck.

All the best to you in your future endeavors.

However, please define the term you use, "old war-horses."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies