The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:03:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95771 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »

Statement from Vice Presidential Candidate Mechaman:

Watching the returns so far it has become apparent that short of a miracle or John Cena (wrestling fans will get the joke) like turn around that Teddy and I have most likely lost the election in a landslide.  I have to say that I am greatly humbled by how well we did in this race, admittedly I have never been one who many would expect to garner more than 10% of the vote, much less get over 30%.  I feel, though, even if Teddy and I have been more perservant in this election in campaigning we still would've lost.  Frankly I'm surprised we got over 30% with how lazy both of us were over the past month.
With all of that pondering out of the way I must congratulate Polnut and BaconKing on their success.  I would like to say that if we lost handily to anybody at least we lost it to the right ticket.  I have all the respect in the world for Polnut for proven stance on reform, and although it is not as radical as I would hope for it is a step in the right direction.  BaconKing is also somebody I have a lot of respect for and I know he will do his job right (much to the chagrin of people who have brought up his past inactivity).
I could go on and on and keep using big words here but you get the picture.  Atlasia has bright days ahead of it, I know.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 10:07:17 PM »

Mister President, you have chosen very well.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »

Very good choice, Mr President. Smiley Good luck, Kal. Wink
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:37:06 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 07:40:09 AM by MechaRepublican »

I'm sorry what!?

Just out of confusion I can't endorse this ticket, knowing that the Presidential Candidate is probably going to declare he's going to run for Prime Minister of the Draka Cabinet two days from now.

On a positive note, welcome back Vepres!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »

I'm sorry what!?

Just out of confusion I can't endorse this ticket, knowing that the Presidential Candidate is probably going to declare he's going to run for Prime Minister of the Draka Cabinet two days from now.

Wait... there's an opening?

It's all in good fun Smiley

Seriously though, this election is shaping up to be a good one, candidate wise.  If Jbrase wasn't running with ZuWo I would probably endorse this ticket.  Kind of like if my really good friend Mechaman wasn't running with Teddy that one time I would've voted for Polnut/Bacon King.

.......oh wait.......I am Mechaman......whoops.

[/waking up]
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »

Kind of like if my really good friend Mechaman wasn't running with Teddy that one time I would've voted for Polnut/Bacon King.
LOL you should have. TBH if I didn't like you so much, I wouldn't have even voted for myself - I did awful in that election.

Teds, I think it's official:

We were the Fred Tuttle of Atlasian tickets.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 12:09:46 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Tuttle
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 05:09:37 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2014, 05:13:27 AM by Mechaman »

PRESS RELEASE

Mideast Discrimination Bill

I today watched in utter horror at the disgusting and deliberately regressive legislation passed by the Mideast Assembly.

Atlasia has a proud history of equality in our society and passed on through law.

This Bill is not pro-marriage. It is a deliberate move by social regressives to promote discrimination and hatred. It wants to brain-wash children that there is something wrong in being gay, being in a loving and committed relationship with another person and wanting that relationship recognised with full equality with heterosexual couples.

There are many children in the Mideast, who are raised by caring and supportive parents of the same gender, some, may even be married. We have gone a long way in showing children that recognising difference is a good thing and valuing it, is a virtue. This Bill seeks to undo all of this.

To use Government funds, funding provided by all taxpayers, to promote one single idea of what marriage is and most dangerously of all, what it 'should' be, is reckless, irresponsible and plain wrong.

I urge my friend, Governor TJ to not sign this Bill.

^^^^^

Despite my future colleague's reiterations that there is "nothing hateful" about this bill I do not see what is the point or purpose of it.  It is not the business of the school system to teach kids family values. . . . . .that's what families are supposed to do.

I repeat Polnut's concerns to the dear Governor and will iterate that if this is signed I will do everything in my power, including possibly filing a suit for violation of the Atlasian Constitution, to stop this.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »

Any suit against the bill will fail, because the law does not violate equal protection or rights clauses. Gay couples are still getting married in Atlasia.

You are missing the point.  This bill is instructing our public schools to preach that non-traditional family structures are inherently inferior to your ideal family structure.  That is in effect a government endorsement of cultural supremacy, something I'm sure we can find a passage against.

Now if this was a private institution preaching such values. . . . . . . then there would be no case.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies