The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:11:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 96265 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 11, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »

Its been an enjoyable and challenging time to spar politically with you.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »

As someone who lost their grandma to Alzheimer's , if I am elected this is something I'll work with Polnut on.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 11:12:10 PM »

As someone who lost their grandma to Alzheimer's , if I am elected this is something I'll work with Polnut on.

My grandmother was terribly affected by dementia, so it's something I've personally seen the impacts of.

Yeah. As it worsened for mine she often confused me for my uncle. It hurt seeing the one who stepped up when my mom wasn't there for me.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 12:25:25 AM »

Polnut Plan for Improving Atlasia's Energy Sector

1. The Senate to create the National Energy Fund (NEF)

2.  All energy producers/fuel suppliers must provide a minimum of 20% of all pre-tax profits towards research and development, including renewable technology and innovations in energy-efficiency. This can be a verified in-house program or funding to a recognised and accredited third-party. Failure to do so, will permit the Federal Government to impose a tax penalty of 20% above their existing Federal corporate tax liabilities. Any funds collected through these tax measures will be put towards the NEF.

3. 30% of funds collected through the national carbon tax, to be placed directly into the NEF.

4. The NEF will fund
4a. Increases to the value and expansions of eligibility of low-income energy supplements.
4b. The provision of 'Household Energy Credits', to enable households to undertake energy-efficiency activities, including installation of solar panels, double-glazing or improved insulation.

5. A full independent inquiry into the energy sector be undertaken. With recommendations to form a longer-term plan for Atlasia's energy sector. The terms of reference are to include the option for partial or full nationalisation as well as options to expand nuclear, natural gas and renewable power.   

I'm not sure the companies will stand for giving up more of their profit to the government willfully or forced given the hefty some they already give. Don't they already give close to 50% in taxes and various regulatory fees to the government? I'm all for r&d to cut down on what needs to be cut down but I'm not confident using governmental force is the wise approach here. It will only serve to hurt consumers and I, like many Atlasians, have a concern about that.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 12:51:06 AM »

If they invest in those areas, then there will be no tax penalty.
If they invest in those their taxes should be cut. No penalty for non-participation. Taxes both individually and on business are still rather high as it is.

Household energy credits sound a lot like carbon credits to me which is an automatic non-starter. I will give you one aspect of my energy plan right now. The carbon tax dies and the government must make restitution with intrest for the years it exacted it against the business and the people.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 01:22:20 AM »

I support a mandated price on carbon, it works. Full stop, end of story.

Argue otherwise, but no (real) data will back you up. I won't take part in any discussion that scales that back an IOTA

You'd think supporting people to take on measures themselves to reduce emissions and their energy costs would find favour with you. Ah well. But if I recall, I'm pretty sure you don't think there's actually any need to reduce carbon?

Why won't you look at the data that opposes carbon taxing fairly? If conservatives and libertarians are willing to examine the carbon mandates with an open mind shouldn't you give them the same? My opinion of wether or not we need to reduce carbon emissions doesn't matter. Some of what I will advocate if used to their full potential will actually reduce carbon emissions. I will discuss some of these ideas later but since I'm willing to take part in a discussion regarding the carbon mandate then you should be willing to take part in a discussion in scaling it back. I really like the R&D part but I have problems with using the government as a tool of force on environmental issues.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 12:12:07 AM »

Congrats. We may not always agree but you ran a great campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies