The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:58:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 96132 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: July 29, 2013, 01:07:31 AM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 07:27:16 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 03:15:29 AM »

I'd like to invite my fellow citizens to ask questions about any issue - this is a conversation Smiley

Unfortunately, people read/engage even less so than they did in the past. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:05 PM »

Where do you stand on the VP confirmation situation?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 10:38:06 PM »

1) Fire Simfan
2) Ban Potus2036's presence from all regions (he seems to be the common denominator in region death as of late)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 05:04:35 AM »

Congratulations!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2015, 10:38:47 PM by Lowly Griff »

I'd like to also demonstrate my disappointment with Griffin, and while I understand and sympathize with his instinct to defend his fellow party member, you gotta admit when your friends fyck up - especially when certain members of the Senate simply are there for the "aye" or "nay". I'm disappointed that windjammer has decided to defend his tracker that needed work as accurate, and I'm disappointed that Griffin is going along with it and defending it.

He didn't fyck up - he posted a simple measurement that was an indicator of one thing that on its own is objectively true, and several people proceeded to lose their sh!t when Maxwell, of all people, expressed incredulity over that metric. If people want to create trackers that evaluate how many words of debate by each member has occurred, how many of this or how many of that by each member has been created/missed/issued, then that's fine, but just because any one of those fails to take into account 100% of everything doesn't mean it is inaccurate.

I stand by my statement, which applies in all circumstances, at all times throughout the game and on all occasions. In this particular occasion and with this particular metric, TPP looks bad in the formal process through which legislation is adopted - whether you talk until you're blue in the face while something is being debated is rather irrelevant if you're not there to cast a ballot in favor or against something once it's up for a vote - and that the people associated with the party will likely defend it, and the people who are not will likely attack it. It wasn't that long ago that these roles were literally reversed. Let's please not try to dress this up in some sort of nobility or make it a crusade: it is what it is. Maybe another metric will show a different picture: I say produce it, rather than attacking the one others worked hard to produce.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 11:39:23 PM »

I'm not attacking his skills at all. I'm just saying - there are some clear flaws (even on the single metric he used) that I've managed to diagnose that shouldn't be dismissed with juvenile red herrings of "Well why don't you make one?"

Well what else needs to be said? A strawman was basically set up by saying "well this metric doesn't measure everything", which was never the claim in the first place. It stands to reason that if you want a different measurement, then it should be created: I don't know why it falls on windjammer to "correct" his measurements by doing everybody's jobs for them and showing what they wish to be shown.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not sure what this means. lol. But when windjammer showed me, the incredulity left my system.

Uh, it's to say that you're not in the party of the individual who posted it nor the one that seems to be getting so antsy over what was posted, so it should be viewed as more legitimate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 09:44:06 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2015, 09:46:16 PM by RG Griff »

The combination of the Duke and Griffin Plans have always been and continue to be the most sensible pathway on balance in terms of the amount of change it would bring, the amount of effort it would take to enact, and the amount of problems with the game it would tangibly fix.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies