Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2015, 08:12:06 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  How much backlash would this Republican comment get?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How much backlash would this Republican comment get?  (Read 547 times)
James Monroe

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2015, 04:54:10 pm »
Ignore

Had someone with this type of attitude ran for congressional office?

"I'm sick of these freeloading welfare dopes that hang around the streets all because of our spook president that was elected into office. If we just let people who only pay taxes vote, the situation in Washington would be comparable to what our Founding Fathers had intended. And don't get me started on those illegal losers. Those sub-human species should be deported to whatever they came from. Muslims should also practiced the Christian life or get the f out of this great nation. I hate our political correctness has pussified our nation, leading the country into deficit while they get all the dough and white tax payers get none of the slice. All you need to do in America to succeed is do be lazy and act entitled because your some political correct tool who believes who believes he deserves more than white middle class males. And Obama, please get the f out of this country you military-spitting mass murder monkey. You'll never be a true American to us real Americans. I would never dear to shake the muslim in chief hand in any public appearance whatsoever".
tara gilesbie
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:58:31 pm »
Ignore

Fox News would praise them as the noble philosophers of our time and draft them to run President.

Quote from:  My Immortal
“What do you know, Hargrid? You’re just a little Hogwarts student!”

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT….” Hargirid paused angrily. “BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”

“This cannot be.” Snap said in a crisp voice as blood dripped from his hand where Dumblydore’s wand had shot him. “There must be other factors.”

“YOU DON’T HAVE ANY!” I yelled in madly.
pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 06:18:32 pm »
Ignore

You would see him depicted in a robe and hood and, standing next to a burning cross, in editorial cartoons.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
MATTROSE94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.78, S: -2.43

P P
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 06:36:51 pm »
Ignore

That's like something that Ted Cruz might say at the 2016 RNC if he gets the nomination (LOL!).

Memo to Ross: YOU GOT MAIL !!

LOL.

I don't understand the youth of today with their playpods and pierced scrotums and whatnot. However, one thing has remained the same over the years and that is apathy towards the political process
bronz4141
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 06:56:17 pm »
Ignore

That Republican would lead in the polls by 5-10% for a while, because some people think like this. But they may not win.
Rand_is_OK
blackraisin
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 07:30:03 pm »
Ignore

A Republican? Who knows? Sounds more like something a Democrat would say. Didn't they have a Klansman as Obama's 3rd in line after Biden and Pelosi?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 10:57:01 pm »
Ignore

Fox News and Talk Radio would furiously defend him as a great patriot speaking truth to power. He would almost certainly be invited to speak at the next three CPACs. And there are plenty of places around the country where he could win a congressional seat.

The update is like if Oscar Wilde wrote a parody of an Horatio Alger novel.
James Monroe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 12:43:06 pm »
Ignore

Fox News and Talk Radio would furiously defend him as a great patriot speaking truth to power. He would almost certainly be invited to speak at the next three CPACs. And there are plenty of places around the country where he could win a congressional seat.

Do you think even the racial context of the comment would fly in even heavily Republican areas?  Am I underestimating the racism of many voters in this country or could this be realistic scenario in which such a candidate could be elected into congress?
Polls_PuffPass
ssuperflash
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 08:25:04 pm »
Ignore

The part with only tax payers being able to vote doesn't even make sense because everyone pays some form of tax, whether it be sales or income. Back when Monroe was President, yes, not everyone paid taxes.

NeverAgain
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 09:36:36 pm »
Ignore

A Republican? Who knows? Sounds more like something a Democrat would say. Didn't they have a Klansman as Obama's 3rd in line after Biden and Pelosi?

Byrd? He was in the 40's, he later apologized for it. Whether you think he was still believing it was the question.

This may be over used... But what the heck Rand Paul is running!

2016 isn't competitive since Chafee is inevitable.
Knew it.
Mithrandir
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 02:48:57 am »
Ignore

Calvin Candie for Congress really has gone for the Hail Mary.

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
Free Bird
TheHawk
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 02:21:40 pm »
Ignore

Holy crap someone from Delaware

I feel conservative around liberals, and liberal around conservatives. I just can't win.
evergreen 🌲
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 04:19:50 pm »
Ignore

remind me again which party

"I'm sick of these freeloading welfare dopes that hang around the streets all because of our spook president that was elected into office. If we just let people who only pay taxes vote, the situation in Washington would be comparable to what our Founding Fathers had intended.
demonizes welfare recipients
And don't get me started on those illegal losers. Those sub-human species should be deported to whatever they came from.
and illegal immigrants
Muslims should also practiced the Christian life or get the f out of this great nation.
and muslims
I hate our political correctness has pussified our nation,
and political correctness
leading the country into deficit
and claims to hate deficits
while they get all the dough and white tax payers get none of the slice. All you need to do in America to succeed is do be lazy and act entitled because your some political correct tool who believes who believes he deserves more than white middle class males. And Obama, please get the f out of this country you military-spitting mass murder monkey. You'll never be a true American to us real Americans. I would never dear to shake the muslim in chief hand in any public appearance whatsoever".
etc etc etc

come on blackraisin are you even trying?

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 08:48:03 pm »
Ignore

Do you think even the racial context of the comment would fly in even heavily Republican areas?  Am I underestimating the racism of many voters in this country or could this be realistic scenario in which such a candidate could be elected into congress?

Yes and yes. Just look at how Fox News has covered Ferguson and Black Lives Matter. Also look at what's happened with Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty since his interview, becoming something of a regular at conservative and Republican events - his remarks on gays got all the attention due to the crude language he used, but his remarks on race were far more odious.

The update is like if Oscar Wilde wrote a parody of an Horatio Alger novel.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout