Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2015, 09:44:41 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, dallasfan65)
| | |-+  2016: Kasich/Rubio (R) - Webb/Cruz (D) - Sanders/Warren (I) - Trump/Bachmann (I)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2016: Kasich/Rubio (R) - Webb/Cruz (D) - Sanders/Warren (I) - Trump/Bachmann (I)  (Read 3338 times)
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 03:11:42 pm »
Ignore

LOL, very good. That actually does sound a lot like me...

Hillary collapsing! Democrats are desperate for an alternative!
TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 03:20:17 pm »
Ignore

LOL, very good. That actually does sound a lot like me...

Glad you like it. Smiley

Quote from: Stone Cold Conservative
Nobody can do it like Hillary can.  She will roll out the carpet out all over the GOP, state after state, pounding them in their own backyard.  The Democratic onslaught awaiting the GOP in 2016 will be merciless.  Once and for all the Roverian Kochite agenda of the GOP will be exposed before all the world and all the nation to see as Hillary brings Democratic performance to a peak not seen since Johnson, winning over 450 electoral votes in states.
NeverAgain
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 05:27:44 pm »
Ignore

The facist communist menace finally got to IceSpear, and Hillary was advised to not run because of her political agenda to run for President in Benghazi.  She leads O'Malley by 3 points there.

Hillary isn't counting on Time Travel in this election...
TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 05:31:32 pm »
Ignore

The facist communist menace finally got to IceSpear, and Hillary was advised to not run because of her political agenda to run for President in Benghazi.  She leads O'Malley by 3 points there.

LOL!

Nobody can do it like Hillary can.  She will roll out the carpet out all over the GOP, state after state, pounding them in their own backyard.  The Democratic onslaught awaiting the GOP in 2016 will be merciless.  Once and for all the Roverian Kochite agenda of the GOP will be exposed before all the world and all the nation to see as Hillary brings Democratic performance to a peak not seen since Johnson, winning over 450 electoral votes in states.
NeverAgain
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 05:02:51 pm »
Ignore

One Quick Prediction, Biden/IceSpear will run against the Kasich/Rubio ticket after 4 years of gridlock, the People think the V.P. IceSpear can handle the Senate better than Rubio. A Mob set up by Veep IceSpear assassinates Prez. Biden and IceSpear makes Hills his Veep, only to resign and make her President. Indy, this was the plan all along.

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 05:10:54 pm »
Ignore

One Quick Prediction, Biden/IceSpear will run against the Kasich/Rubio ticket after 4 years of gridlock, the People think the V.P. IceSpear can handle the Senate better than Rubio. A Mob set up by Veep IceSpear assassinates Prez. Biden and IceSpear makes Hills his Veep, only to resign and make her President. Indy, this was the plan all along.

LOLOL! However, first I have to finish this timeline. Wink

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 06:57:04 pm »
Ignore

Blitzer: Welcome back to CNN's Election Níght coverage. Anderson Cooper is standing by to discuss the recent developments with our CNN panel. Anderson...
Cooper: Yeah, joining us now: Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, Van Jones, Democratic strategist, OC, also a Democratic strategist, Gloria Borger, Paul Begala and Kevin Madden, all CNN political analysts. First of all, OC, what do you make of the night?
OC: Tonight is a great night for us. The 272 senate firewall is still alive. Dems will win the Senate back tonight. Presidency is a seal deal. Murphy is a great choice for FL Dems. He is currently ahead, that will make D+1. Toomey will be beaten because of the convention which was in Philly, is.. uh.. means D+2. Kirk will lose badly in Illinoy, is D+3, plus Ajot losing in New Hampshire, leads to 4 senate gains. Which is enough to propel Dems to Senate majority.
Gingrich: -laughing-
OC:  is enough because Webb will win. But Dems got a good chance in NC, AZ, NV, CO, UT, too. CO is solid and NV is safe D.
Cooper: Newt Gingrich, you are laughing?

Gingrich: Well, I was just wondering how desperate the Democratic party has to be to hire Mr. OC as a strategist. Sorry, OC, you're a nice guy, but... I mean, listen. Tonight is going to be - probably - a big defeat for the Democratic party.
OC: Uh, 272 firewall is still aliv-
Gingrich: Let me finish, please. John Kasich is a really strong candidate. What makes him so special and strong is the fact that he is appealing to the Republican base on the one hand and to moderates and blue-collar workers on the other hand. And regarding Jim Webb: Well, I like the guy. I know him personally and he is a decent guy. He also had a plausible strategy to win this election. But this was a very difficult election cycle for Democrats. Obama's approval rating is quite low, what was it in the exit poll again - 53% of all voters disapprove, right? - and well, Mr. Webb did something quite unusual, something President Obama never did: He really developed a populist message that was supposed to appeal to all Americans - white voters in West Virginia, low-income voters in New York, Hispanics in California: For example fighting for minimum wage and fighting for the regular guy on Main Street by emphasizing Democratic ideals. But it probably won't work for him tonight. I really think - and I have to be clear here - that Jim Webb is a strong candidate, probably even stronger than Hillary Clinton. I think that there were four factors that hurt him, and it was not his ideology or policy: First of all, Obama's approval rating, secondly, Kasich as a strong candidate, thirdly, the divisive Democratic primary and most importantly, his VP pick - Mr. IceSpear mentioned some of those things already. Without those factors, he would have had a strong chance of winning tonight. He is not a bad candidate.
Cooper: Paul Begala, your take on this?
Begala: Look, I still have the Ready For Hillary sticker.

CNN panel: -laughing-
Begala: I mean, I supported and worked for Hillary but tonight I am endorsing fellow Democrat Jim Webb. I agree with Newt: The Democratic primary really hurt Webb. And when Hillary decided not to run, the whole primary really became a mess and went south. So went Webb's chances. I am not saying that Hillary was inevitable or something like that, but when the Democrats were really rallying around her, you felt the Democratic enthusiasm and you knew the Democrats had a great chance of holding onto the White House with her on top of the ticket this year. When she declined to run and Jim Webb became the nominee, really, much of that enthusiasm had already vanished and Webb never really could create it again. Yes, he had a populist, strong Democratic message, but it wasn't enough in the end. He was able to win many Democrats back, yes, but many liberals also switched to Bernie Sanders - his candidacy will probably cost Jim Webb some states tonight, so that really hurt him, too.

Jones: Listen, when you have a president who is not that popular but who is also not terribly unpopular, you need to make clear which policies your administration will continue to promote, and which it won't. You need to explain to Obama's base, which elected him twice, what you will do for them. And Jim Webb tried to do it in the end, but you know, courting white voters in West Virginia and Kentucky and choosing a conservative opponent of Obama, Ted Cruz, as your running mate, was the wrong strategy. I know he focused on the real key states in the last week of the campaign, but he should have done that earlier. Competing in those Republican states didn't help him much, look at the minority vote: He is losing Asian Americans and doing much worse among African Americans and Hispanics than Obama did. And you know what Kasich did: He effectively reached out to those minority voters which could very well be the deciding factor tonight.
Cooper: Gloria?

Borger: I agree with all that has been said here. It is a very, very tough election cycle for Democrats. President Obama's job approval - especially among white voters - is really down and the Democratic party is divided - divided between the more moderate, to a certain degree populist Democrats like Jim Webb and the also populist liberals like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. The Republicans, on the other hand, were really able to rally around one candidate - something that rarely happens among Republicans today. That's why the Republican enthusiasm really helped Kasich a lot. And let me say one thing about Trump: I mean, this guy has really destroyed his career and complete reputation tonight.
-CNN panel: Yeah! Yes!-
Borger: This is just embarrassing for him. IceSpear, and I love this guy, has already expressed that with his wit and sarcasm.
Cooper: So, when all is said and done, do you think that Jim Webb will lose the election? Does he still have a chance?
Begala: Well, he is certainly the underdog. He HAS TO win Virginia, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Colorado and Nevada. He can't afford to lose any of those states because of what may be looming in Florida and New Hampshire - which don't look good for him based on pre-election polls and actual votes coming in. It is not impossible, but the odds are probably with Kasich.
Cooper: Alright, back to you, Wolf.
Blitzer: Thank you Anderson, we will take another break. When we come back, the polls will close in 17 more states, including the key battleground states of Illinois and Pennsylvania. We will also take a closer look at the Senate races, for example in Illinois, where Mark Kirk is fighting for his political life, and in New Hampshire, another really close race. Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:35:15 pm by IndyRep »Logged

NeverAgain
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 08:33:29 pm »
Ignore

That Begala gif though...

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 06:25:28 pm »
Ignore

Blitzer: Welcome back to CNN's 2016 Election Night coverage. The polls are about to close in 17 more states: Will there be some surprises? What about the Senate and Governor's races? There are many really interesting races going on in the country. Alright, stand by for our CNN projections.

-CNN Projection-

ALABAMA                                                                                   OKLAHOMA
President                                                                                         President
9 Electoral votes                                                                          7 Electoral votes

WINNER                                                                                         WINNER
JOHN KASICH
                                                                  JOHN KASICH

TENNESSEE                                                                                  
President                                                                              
11 Electoral votes                                              

WINNER                                                                              
JOHN KASICH

Blitzer: Alright, CNN can project that John Kasich will carry the state of Alabama and its 9 Electoral votes. We can also project that Oklahoma and Tennessee, two of the most Republican states in the country, will go Republican. But we can also project some states for the Democratic candidate, Jim Webb:

CONNECTICUT                                                                      RHODE ISLAND
President                                                                                        President
7 Electoral votes                                                                         4 Electoral votes

WINNER                                                                                        WINNER
JIM WEBB
                                                                           JIM WEBB

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA                                                                                  
President                                                                              
3 Electoral votes                                              

WINNER                                                                              
JIM WEBB

Blitzer: CNN projects that Jim Webb will carry the state of Connecticut and its 7 Electoral votes. This is a state that the Kasich campaign conceded several weeks ago after there was some hope for them. We can also project that the Democratic candidate will carry Rhode Island and the District of Columbia, really no surprises here -laughing-.

DELAWARE                                                                                 FLORIDA
President                                                                                         President
3 Electoral votes                                                                           29 Electoral votes

NO PROJECTION                                                                   NO PROJECTION

ILLINOIS                                                                                      MAINE
President                                                                                          President
20 Electoral votes                                                                         4 Electoral votes

NO PROJECTION                                                                   NO PROJECTION

MARYLAND                                                                                MASSACHUSETTS
10 Electoral votes                                                                        11 Electoral votes

MISSISSIPPI                                                                             MISSOURI
President                                                                                          President
6 Electoral votes                                                                            10 Electoral votes

NO PROJECTION                                                                    NO PROJECTION

NEW HAMPSHIRE                                                                  NEW JERSEY
4 Electoral votes                                                                            14 Electoral votes

NO PROJECTION                                                                    NO PROJECTION

PENNSYLVANIA                                                                                  
President                                                                              
20 Electoral votes                                                            

NO PROJECTION    

Blitzer: Right now CNN can make no projection in those states, and this is a surprise: We can make no projection in Delaware, Florida, Illinois - a key battleground state this election cycle, Maine, MARYLAND (!) - a heavily Democratic state, MASSACHUSETTS (!) - also a solid blue state, Mississippi - a state that the Webb campaign really targeted, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey and the key battleground state of Pennsylvania.    
Let's take a look at the Electoral map as it stands right now:                                                                      

Blitzer: Right now, Mr. Kasich has 78 Electoral votes, Mr. Webb has 14 and Mr. Sanders has three.

We are now going to share some exit poll results with our viewers.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:37:52 pm by TNvolunteer »Logged

Fubart Solman
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 07:58:27 pm »
Ignore

Nice to see this back!

NeverAgain
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 09:30:03 pm »
Ignore

Indy, so help me, I will destroy you if Sanders doesn't win everything that's up in the air.

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2015, 03:02:21 pm »
Ignore

Blitzer: Alright, we want to share those exit poll results with our viewers. Keep in mind: These are exit poll results and estimates, they may not neccesarily reflect the outcome of the race:

-CNN EXIT POLL RESULTS-

FLORIDA                                                                    ILLINOIS  
EXIT POLL                                                                EXIT POLL        
President                                                                       President

Kasich (R) - 50%                                     Kasich (R) - 44.5%  
Webb (D)  - 42%                                     Webb (D) - 47.5%
Sanders (I) - 8%                                     Sanders (I) - 8%
Trump (I)  - 0%
                                     Trump (I) - 0%  

NEW HAMPSHIRE                                             PENNSYLVANIA  
EXIT POLL                                                               EXIT POLL        
President                                                                      President

Kasich (R) - 44%                                    Kasich (R) - 48.5%  
Webb (D)  - 39%                                    Webb (D) - 44.5%
Sanders (I) - 16%                                   Sanders (I) - 7%
Trump (I)  - 1%
                                     Trump (I) - 0%  

Blitzer: Alright, let's start with some key battleground states. Take a look at this! In Florida, John Kasich is eight points ahead of Jim Webb, 50-42 percent. A really decisive margin. In Illinois, a state that last voted for a Republican in 1988, it's a really close race. Jim Webb only ahead of Mr. Kasich by three points. This is really bad news for the Webb/Cruz ticket. And in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania, John Kasich is also ahead by five and four points. Wow, this really suggests that the Democrats will have a long, long night.
But we have also conducted exit polls in the other states. Let's take a look:

DELAWARE                                                              MAINE  
EXIT POLL                                                                EXIT POLL        
President                                                                       President

Kasich (R) - 42%                                     Kasich (R) - 43.5%  
Webb (D)  - 46%                                      Webb (D) - 45.5%
Sanders (I) - 12%                                    Sanders (I) - 10%
Trump (I)  - 0%
                                      Trump (I) - 0%  

MARYLAND                                                              MASSACHUSETTS  

Kasich (R) - 42%                                     Kasich (R) - 41%  
Webb (D)  - 48%                                    Webb (D) - 46%
Sanders (I) - 10%                                   Sanders (I) - 12.5%
Trump (I)  - 0%
                                      Trump (I) - 0%  

MISSISSIPPI                                                          MISSOURI  

Kasich (R) - 51%                                      Kasich (R) - 50%  
Webb (D)  - 44%                                      Webb (D) - 43%
Sanders (I) - 4%                                       Sanders (I) - 6%
Trump (I)  - 1%
                                       Trump (I) - 1%  

NEW JERSEY                                                                    
EXIT POLL                                                              
President                                                                        

Kasich (R) - 43%                                    
Webb (D)  - 48%                                    
Sanders (I) - 9%                                      
Trump (I)  - 0%

Blitzer: In Delaware, it's a close race: Webb leads Kasich by 4 points. In Maine, now this state - especially the 2nd Congressional district - is supposed to be in play and it's a close race here, too: Jim Webb has 45.5%, Kasich has 43.5% and Bernie Sanders, the Independent candidate, is really running strong in the state, he is at 10%, which is probably hurting Jim Webb. In Maryland and Massachusetts, we are also seeing surprisingly close races, Jim Webb is ahead in both states, but not by much. Now, let's take a look at Mississippi. John Kasich is ahead by 7 points, the Webb campaign really made a play for this Republican state, and the state seems to have trended to the Democrats indeed, but Kasich is still ahead. Now, in Missouri, this must be a real disappointment for the Webb campaign, John Kasich is leading Jim Webb 50-43. And finally, in New Jersey, another surprisingly close contest: Webb is ahead, but only 48-43.

CNN can also make projections for some Senate races, let's go to Dana Bash.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:44:49 pm by TNvolunteer »Logged

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2015, 05:43:46 pm »
Ignore

-CNN Projection-

ALABAMA                                                                        OKLAHOMA
Senator                                                                                 Senator

WINNER                                                                               WINNER
RICHARD SHELBY                                              JAMES LANKFORD

CONNECTICUT                                                            MARYLAND
Senator                                                                                 Senator

WINNER                                                                              WINNER
RICHARD BLUMENTHAL                                CHRIS VAN HOLLEN

MISSOURI                                                                  
Senator                                                                                  

WINNER                                                                                  
ROY BLUNT                                      

Bash: Yes, CNN can make some projections. In the state of Alabama, the incumbent Republican Richard Shelby defeats former U.S. Representative Bobby Bright in what was not much of a competitive race. In Oklahoma, also not much of a surprise, CNN can project the return of Senator James Lankford, the Republican incumbent. He defeats Constance Johnson, his 2014 opponent who decided to run against him again.
We can also project that Richard Blumenthal, the very popular incumbent Senator from Connecticut will be re-elected, he defeats Thomas Foley, who also ran for Governor in 2014. And in Maryland, Democrat Chris van Hollen is elected to the Senate to replace the retiring Barbara Mikulski. He defeats Connie Morella , the former U.S. Congressman.  Van Hollen had a tough fight in the primary against Representative Donna Edwards. Republicans really hoped that this race may become competitive, and polls showed indeed that the race tightened, Morella ran a great campaign, but not enough in a state like Maryland which is so heavily Democratic.
And finally, in Missouri, incumbent Ron Blunt defeats the Democrat Jason Kander, who really did run a strong campaign, but didn't seem to get any momentum, he never got above 45% in the pre-election polls. Roy Blunt also had a very good ground game and probably benefited from Kasich's coattails.

FLORIDA                                                                                PENNSYLVANIA
Senator                                                                                       Senator

NO PROJECTION                                                             NO PROJECTION

ILLINOIS                                                                                NEW HAMPSHIRE
Senator                                                                                       Senator

NO PROJECTION                                                              NO PROJECTION

Bash: CNN can make no projection in Florida, where Democrat Patrick Murphy is running against Jeff Atwater, the Republican, to replace the VP candidate Marco Rubio in the Senate. Patrick Murphy ran a good race, his challenge, however, always was to outperform the Webb/Cruz ticket in the state. Atwater is also very popular with Floridians. We still cannot call this race.
In Pennsylvania, incumbent Senator Pat Toomey is being challenged by Joe Sestak, whom he defeated in 2010. This race was considered lean Republican going into tonight, based on our exit polls we know that Toomey is ahead but we just want to wait until we get some raw numbers in.
In Illinois, one of the closest races in the country, Mark Kirk, the incumbent Senator is being challenged by Democratic Representative Tammy Duckworth. We can't call it, this one is very close. Kirk hopes to get a boost from Kasich's performance in the state. And in New Hampshire, the incumbent Kelly Ayotte is being challenged by popular governor Maggie Hassan, this one is also very, very close.
So let's take a look at the Senate map as it stands right now:

So far, there have been no Democratic or Republican pickups. Back to you, Wolf.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:51:19 pm by TNvolunteer »Logged

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2015, 02:08:21 pm »
Ignore

Blitzer: Thank you very much, Dana. CNN can now make another projection that won't come as a surprise.

-CNN Projection-

REPUBLICANS                                                                          
KEEP CONTROL OF U.S. HOUSE  ✓

Blitzer: CNN can project that control of the U.S. House of Representatives will be retained by the Republican Party. This had been expected, so not much of a surprise here. Control of the U.S. Senate is what's really at stake tonight.  
Alright, let's go to John King and his magic wall. John, please update us on the situation in the key battleground states.

King: Alright, let's take a look at the state of Florida first. They count their votes fast down there. Let's touch the map. 15% of the vote has already been counted, and that's the way it looks:

John Kasich (R): 49%
Jim Webb (D): 44%
Bernie Sanders (I): 6%

King: It's a 5-point lead for Kasich here, but look: Palm Beach and Miami-Dade County are 26% and 20% in. Two BIG Democratic storngholds in the state just came in but Kasich is still in the lead. Really doesn't suggest good news for the Webb campaign, but we'll see. Let's take a look at the other counties: Duval County, 19% is in, and Kasich leads by 12 points. Just for comparison, Mitt Romney won this county by just three points four years ago. Tells you quite a bit. You also got Pinellas County right here, and right now Kasich is leading by 2 points. It's close here but it really shouldn't even be close. President Obama won this county by 6 points. Also, in Palm Beach County: Jim Webb is leading, but only by 5 points. Again, Barack Obama won this county by 17 points. So, you go county by county here... what can you see? John Kasich is vastly outperforming Mitt Romney everywhere in the state and by big margins. If this continues, well, expect a call soon.

Wolf: Alright, what about the Senate race in Florida?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:10:55 pm by TNvolunteer »Logged

SunriseAroundTheWorld
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2015, 02:43:22 pm »
Ignore

Go Kasich #SmashWebbCruz

Economic score: +6.45
Social score: +2.25
TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2015, 03:54:39 pm »
Ignore

King: Alright, let's take a look at the Senate race in Florida as it stands right now. And it's much closer than the Presidential race. Patrick Murphy ran a very strong campaign despite being the underdog from the very beginning. Jeff Atwater is very popular down there. Alright, these are the numbers:

Jeff Atwater (R): 51%
Patrick Murphy (D): 49%

King: You can clearly see the difference here. 16% of the vote is in and Patrick Murphy doing better than Jim Webb especially in those urban areas: Pinellas County, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach. Interestingly though, Atwater is doing quite well in Duval County, Jacksonvílle, he is leading Murphy by 10 points. Kasich is leading Webb by 12 points there, so not much of a Sanders factor in Duval County. The big picture: Jeff Atwater remains the slight favorite here, he is outperforming Mitt Romney by quite a bit in some of these counties - and as you very well know, Romney lost the state by 1 point. Might be that the Kasich and especially Rubio coattails drag Atwater across the finish line here, we'll see... Atwater doing quite well with Hispanics in our exit poll and Murphy doing better with white voters than past Democrats.

Blitzer: Florida is obviously a key race that could decide control of the Senate.

King: That's right. Almost - and please underscore the world almost - impossible to see the Democrats regaining control of the Senate without winning Florida. They have already lost Ohio, Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania is heavily favored and Republicans have run strong campaigns in Colorado and Nevada, both seats held by Democrats. Democrats need some pickups, Florida is a must win for them, make no mistake. Especially if John Kasich is elected next president, they would need 51 seats in that case. Looks very tough for them right now.

Blitzer: Alright, what about North Carolina? What's going on in the Presidential and Senate race there?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:16:38 pm by TNvolunteer »Logged

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2015, 08:25:36 pm »
Ignore

King: Alright, let's take a look at the state of North Carolina. First of all, the Presidential race.

John Kasich (R): 48%
Jim Webb (D): 46%
Bernie Sanders (I): 5%

Governor Kasich is leading Senator Webb 48%-46%. But again, when you look at what has come in so far, it's mostly Democratic early voting from Mecklenburg and Durham County. Wake County has also come in and this one is interesting: Jim Webb is leading John Kasich, but only by 5 points. President Obama won this county by 11 points four years ago. You also got Johnston County, a place where Kasich is running REALLY strong. He is leading Jim Webb and Bernie Sanders 64-31-3, that's a 33 point margin. Just for comparison, Mitt Romney won the county by 28 points in 2012. Kasich is also doing better in Mecklenburg County, not by much, by three points, but it's easily enough to win the state. What's also interesting is that Sanders is not doing as well as we had anticipated him to do. So, overall the big picture here is: Kasich is outperforming Mitt Romney - who WON the state by two points - almost everywhere in the state. We all considered NC a Lean or Likely Republican state going into tonight, and that's the way it's shaping up to be. Interestingly, Wolf, we asked NC voters in our exit poll tonight who they would have voted for for in a Kasich vs. Clinton match-up without Sanders. And Kasich is winning the state by 6 points in that scenario. It does tell you that it's not that Webb is a weak candidate but really that Kasich is a strong candidate.

Blitzer: Alright, what about the Senate race?

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2015, 09:15:45 pm »
Ignore

Richard Burr (R): 49%
Janet Cowell (D): 50%

King: Just like in Florida, the Senate race is much closer than the Presidential race. North Carolina State Treasurer Janet Cowell has run a strong campaign; incumbent Senator Richard Burr has a low approval rating in the state. Right now, with 13% of the vote in and counted, Cowell is leading Burr by 1 point. She is leading because Mecklenburg, Durham and most importantly Wake County came in big for her. She is matching Obama's 2012 performance here which is remarkable enough. But again.. Obama lost the state by 2 points in 2012. She needs to outperform him by quite a bit. Cowell is outperforming Jim Webb, but will it be enough? This one will be really close, it could go down to the wire, we will see. But if I had to take a bet, I would say that Burr narrowly hangs on. Burr is also doing very well in Johnston County, big Republican suburban territory, he is leading Cowell 64-35 here. The 2012 numbers here were: 63-36. So, again, Burr doing as well as Mitt Romney and maybe slightly better or worse, but still a very close race, Wolf.

Blitzer: What about Georgia? We haven't called the Presidential and the Senate race there, either.

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2015, 12:27:47 pm »
Ignore

John Kasich (R): 58%
Jim Webb (D): 38%
Bernie Sanders (I): 3%

King: Alright, let's touch Georgia. As you can see, Kasich is leading Webb by a margin of 20 points. Sanders is at 3%, which is not as good as we had anticipated, but we think that much of his strength is in the Atlanta metro area and the Atlanta suburbs, so we're gonna wait and see. But again, so far, Webb not outperforming Obama by much in those rural areas. Why? Well, perhaps because of lower African American turnout. He is at Obama's levels with Whites in our exit poll, but Kasich is doing better with Hispanics and AAs than Romney. So, overall, this state strongly leans Republican. You've heard all this talk about Georgia becoming a Toss-up state, well, it may take a long time until the demographic changes make this a competitive state.

Blitzer: What about the Senate race?

Johnny Isakson (R): 61%
John Barrow (D): 39%

King: The incumbent Senator Jonny Isakson is being challenged by the moderate Democrat John Barrow. Right now, Isakson has a dominating lead: 61%-39%. But again, nothing out ot Metro Atlanta yet, the margin should narrow considerably once Atlanta comes in. Barrow ran a good campaign, but Isakson was always the heavy favorite here: He is quite popular - especially among Republicans - and he defined Barrow as a liberal and emphasized his liberal positions on abortion. Not calling this race yet, but Isakson SHOULD be safe. He is also winning in our exit poll with 54% of the vote, expect a call here soon.

Blitzer: Alright, let's go to Virginia, Mr. Webb's home state..

TNvolunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2015, 12:31:10 pm »
Ignore

Do you like this TL so far, guys? Any improvement suggestions?

Fubart Solman
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »
Ignore

Do you like this TL so far, guys? Any improvement suggestions?

I do like it, but I liked it a bit more when you didn't detail some of the states as much. I think it would be better after (almost) all of the results were in for a state rather than partial results of you want to go into that level of detail. I like how you stopped mentioning the one-two percent that Trump was getting haha.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout