What about the possibility of Johnny Isakson at the bottom of a GOP ticket?
• Extremely well loved in a state the Dems might try to flip
• No question of conservative credentials, but not a Tea Party nut
• Good standing in GA might also prove helpful in winning voters in NC?
• Connection in Senate (2nd term) could balance a newcomer or governor at the top of the ticket
• Regional/cultural background could help a northerner appeal to the south
• Old white male
• Boring - perhaps the GOP's John Kerry?
• Supports FairTax
• Longstanding friendship with controversial talk show host Neal Boortz (including recognizing Boortz on the floor of the US Senate)