OH: Gov. Kasich's approval rating plunges to new low, says PPP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:42:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: Gov. Kasich's approval rating plunges to new low, says PPP
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: Gov. Kasich's approval rating plunges to new low, says PPP  (Read 1764 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2011, 02:52:36 PM »

Do you approve or disapprove of Governor John Kasich’s job performance?

Approve .......................................................... 33%
Disapprove...................................................... 56%

If you could do last fall’s election for Governor over again, would you vote for Democrat Ted Strickland or Republican John Kasich?

Ted Strickland ....... 59%
John Kasich .......... 34%

Ohio may have a referendum on repealing Senate Bill 5, which was passed earlier this year and limits collective bargaining rights for public employees. Would you vote to repeal Senate Bill 5, or would you vote to let the law stand?

Would vote to repeal SB5 ...................55%
Would vote to let the law stand ......... 35%

PPP surveyed 565 Ohio voters from May 19th to 22nd. The margin of error for the survey is +/-4.1%. This poll was not paid for or authorized by any campaign or political organization. PPP surveys are conducted through automated telephone interviews.

PPP is a Democratic polling company, but polling expert Nate Silver of the New York Times found that its surveys in 2010 actually exhibited a slight bias toward Republican candidates.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_OH_0525.pdf
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »

The re-match is just LOLz ... Smiley
Liberté
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:16:19 PM »

Why do you think all of these Republican Governors are so massively unpopular? I mean, it's not necessarily a notable trend, except that it's all happened almost overnight. These guys were doing okay treading water a month and a half ago.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:16:41 PM »

If Ohioans after the one-two punch of Kasich and Bob Taft elect again a Republican governor in the next 30 years, they will be the stupidest people on Earth.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »

If Ohioans after the one-two punch of Kasich and Bob Taft elect again a Republican governor in the next 30 years, they will be the stupidest people on Earth.

I wish I could actually defend my home state here, but.. yeah..
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »

Does Ohio have a recall system?  Then again, if they did, I imagine they would have used it on single-digit Taft.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »

See why I left?  Smiley

Well okay, not really, but I'll retroactively consider it a factor anyway.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »

Does Ohio have a recall system?  Then again, if they did, I imagine they would have used it on single-digit Taft.

No, they don't; the Democrats were trying to push one through the legislature, but (obviously) weren't successful.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 04:23:25 PM »

I was really sad when I switched on my PC that morning and saw republicans had won almost every competitive race in 2010... but now, I am sure that was for the best of the USA. Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, etc. will have democratic governors by 2014, and people will remember that republicans aren't the solution to their problems.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 04:47:53 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:48:22 PM »

I was really sad when I switched on my PC that morning and saw republicans had won almost every competitive race in 2010... but now, I am sure that was for the best of the USA. Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, etc. will have democratic governors by 2014, and people will remember that republicans aren't the solution to their problems.

The American people have short-term memory.  GOP will just rebrand itself yet again with another "independent freethinking conservatism" after the Tea Party dies.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 10:01:39 PM »

I should draw up a map for what that anti-union bill should get with those numbers.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »

The American people have short-term memory.  GOP will just rebrand itself yet again with another "independent freethinking conservatism" after the Tea Party dies.

Agreed. We were saying the same thing after Bush's presidency. It took less than two years for the American public to forget how big of a disaster that was.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 11:52:08 PM »

Agreed. We were saying the same thing after Bush's presidency. It took less than two years for the American public to forget how big of a disaster that was.

Or were too stupid to get out the vote. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 12:04:06 PM »

See why I left?  Smiley

Well okay, not really, but I'll retroactively consider it a factor anyway.

Relevant:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies